Draft: what do you do if at #10

JoeF

What do you do if?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do if at #10 - the following options are available?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Justin Blackmon
    • Michael Floyd
    • Riley Reiff
    • Philly is on the phone offering 15 and 46 for 10 and 71?

I say Helloooo Philly......thinking one of the above will fall to #15...

Reasoning:

Blackmon and Floyd are not field stretchers and Hill or Randle are probably a better fit for what we need. You trade back into the lower first round with 41 and our first fourth and first fifth to get Hill or Randle and then use the second round pick to get Cousins. You end up with a good T at 15; a stretch the field receiver and a QB to groom.

Passing on Blackmon because he isn't a field stretcher would be like passing on Larry Fitzgerald. A bad idea the team would regret for a decade. If Blackmon is there the Bills should be sprinting up to take him. To bad there is zero chance he makes it past 6.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not thought of, nor commented about this in terms of frequency. My premise was about the cost of trading up John.

Let's just wait and see how this plays out. Only time will tell.

With respect to the exhorbitant RGIII deal there were extenuating cirucmstances. The Skins felt that RGIII was a once in a decade type of qb. In addition, they had a sizeable cap space to compensate for the loss of draft picks for the next two years. The NFL felt that the Skins unfairly took advantage of the uncapped year by the way they handled their cap, so they took cap space away from them. If the Skins would have known that they would have had less cap space ($36 million for two years) there is less of a chance they would have made the deal. The point I'm making here is that the pricey deal was less due to the new CBA as it was to a team coveting a particular player and the financial (cap) circumstances at the time.

I don't want to go too far off the topic but I find it to be very unfair for the league to severely punish the Skins and to a lesser degree the Cowboys for the way they handled the cap in the uncapped year. The contracts negotiated by the Skins were individually approved by the league. The league was deliberately vague by "inexplicityl" requiring the teams not to unduly take advantage of the uncapped year. There is a good reason for this vagueness: it is illegal to do so. It would be blatant collusion to not allow something that is unstated in order to circumvent the law, especially in a labor conflict setting.

The hammer falling on the Skins had a backdrop of the majority of owners resenting the profligate ways the Skins and Cowboys run their respective franchises. Both the Cowboys and the Skins have filed a grievance and the issue will be brought to arbiration. Don't be surprised if the punishment is adjusted in favor of the punished teams.