LA Stadium Deal Dead??

BRAWNDO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bills move I'm done with football. I would have no interest whatsoever in finding a new team. With that said I hope it's good news and the bills dont have to move.

I think I'm with ya. I'll probably end up watching games here and there but it will never be the same.

Totally agree. The only football I would follow would be of the college and rest of the world variety.

If the bills move I'm done with football. I would have no interest whatsoever in finding a new team. With that said I hope it's good news and the bills dont have to move.

It has definitely cooled. If you recall, the main ownership group planned to announce that a team was moving to LA during the two weeks leading to a Super Bowl LAST YEAR. They also said The Bills and Jags were top targets before they realized they were not. I never thought the Bills were much for moving to LA anyway. The Rams, Raiders and Chargers are all far more likely. If the Bills truly do resurge this year and season tickets spike and the renovations to the Ralph are on track and a long term lease (that is tough to break) gets signed they will go nowhere. Two years ago none of those things seemed possible. Now they all seem possible.

Plus there are several wealthy guys with the money and interest to keep them in Buffalo. The threat of a move to LA or TO is diminishing.

How times must LA be a nfl failure before this stops?

They won't stop. :( This is really good news for Jacksonville though.

The Bills being good is the best thing to keep them in Buffalo. Yes, it means still playing one game a year in Toronto, but I'll accept that if we get to keep the team where it is.

PTR

I agree. And i'm fine with one game in Toronto. If we include that city in the Bills "market" we have one of the top 5 markets in the NFL. (Buffalo, Rochester, Toronto, Erie).

LA's only football teams should remain USC and UCLA. Period.

And those are professional teams too; at least, USC is. I don't know what LA's problem is.

Our true threat is Toronto. If the Bills are moving, they are being cultivated to go there. I was never concerned about L.A.

Except Toronto has no NFL-caliber stadium (SkyDome is too small) and no plans to build one.

Why the eff was Bob Kraft involved in this?! I know he had a relationship with the AEG ceo but who cares. I hate seeing Bob Kraft front and center actually i'll correct that - the conspiracy theorist in me hates seeing him front and center with anything related to the NFL!

unless the Pats want to be the team to move :devil:

The plan to build an NFL stadium in downtown LA is in trouble. But as far as I know, the plans for a stadium in the city of Industry, located about 20 minutes from LosAngeles is on track. All they need is a team to commit and construction begins.

Once Ralph Wilson dies all bets are off. He has repeatedly said that upon his passing the team will be sold to the highest bidder.

But that doesn’t necessarily mean the new owner will move the team. Shad Kahn bought the Jags even though he has no connection to the city of Jacksonville. And has no plans to move the franchise despite the problems they have filling that stadium.

There are probably more Shad Khan’s out there. Wealthy business men who none of us ever heard of who are looking to buy an NFL team. And will do every thing he can to make it work in Buffalo.

The plan to build an NFL stadium in downtown LA is in trouble. But as far as I know, the plans for a stadium in the city of Industry, located about 20 minutes from LosAngeles is on track. All they need is a team to commit and construction begins.

Once Ralph Wilson dies all bets are off. He has repeatedly said that upon his passing the team will be sold to the highest bidder.

But that doesn’t necessarily mean the new owner will move the team. Shad Kahn bought the Jags even though he has no connection to the city of Jacksonville. And has no plans to move the franchise despite the problems they have filling that stadium.

There are probably more Shad Khan’s out there. Wealthy business men who none of us ever heard of who are looking to buy an NFL team. And will do every thing he can to make it work in Buffalo.

The other owners have to approve the sale so it won't necessarily be the highest bidder.

Our true threat is Toronto. If the Bills are moving, they are being cultivated to go there. I was never concerned about L.A.

Until someone builds a suitable NFL stadium there is no need to be worried. Not saying it can't happen but there is nothing on the horizon. Rogers Centre is not suitable for a permanent franchise and heck, they can't even agree on where to build a 30K stadium in Hamilton for the Ti-Cats! Besides, most Canadian fans love RWS for the tailgate. They could never have something like that in Canada.

PTR

These LA stadium plans never made any sense to begin with. There is no way a developer can spend over a billion on a stadium just to rent it 8 times a year to it's only regular tenant. They would have to have an ownership stake and access to the teams profits.

That wacko Ed Roski wanted the same thing. It should have been obviuous to everyone long ago (as it was to some of us here) that no team was going to cede any ownership shares to these clowns.