Revis on toughest receivers to cover

Steve O

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The belief is that he intentionally didn't mention Stevie Johnson..that seems like it would be a slight to me

Two of those guys are taller, faster and more sure handed - Stevie got 75 yards but I'm guessing Revis got a lot less help too. It's not a huge insult to be 4th or 5th or even 6th on that list. They are two HoF candidates and all 3 multiple probowls. Get over it. It's not like he called Stevie a bum.

Edited by NoSaint

In which case, how is it a bit of both ? Dude is just 'fraid of the Johnson

He's trying to put the two games this year out of his mind, AND he doesn't want to let someone he faces twice a year to let him know he's in his head. Is what I meant by both. :thumbsup:

Two of those guys are taller, faster and more sure handed - Stevie got 75 yards but I'm guessing Revis got a lot less help too. It's not a huge insult to be 4th or 5th or even 6th on that list. They are two HoF candidates and all 3 multiple probowls. Get over it. It's not like he called Stevie a bum.

I agree with you.

Edited by jeremy2020

Just saw Revis on NFL32. When asked who gave him the toughest time, mentioned Fitzgerald, Moss, Ochocinco, no mention of Stevie. Either he's trying to put the two games this year out of his mind, or he doesn't want to let someone he faces twice a year to let him know he's in his head.

:D

I think that I could cover Ochocinco at this point in his career. I find it even funnier that some posters are saying that Ochocinco is a hall of fame candidate. If Chris Carter and Andre Reed can't make the hall of fame then Ochocinco doesn't stand a rats chance in hell.

Considering Stevie had the 2 highest yardage games against him in his last 65+ games, that has to be a BS answer...would have been even higher yardage if he didn't drop that perfectly thrown ball over the middle where Revis was trailing by a few yards....

Revis doesn't get help. That's why they call it "Revis island"

Steve Johnson against the Jets

Date 		Catches Yards TDs
11/2/08*		1	8	0
12/14/08 		2	13	1

2009 Season - not active

---------------------------------
10/3/10* 		3	31	1
1/2/10			5	72	0
11/6/11* 		3	84	0
11/27/11 		8	75	1
[b]Recent Total		21	262	2[/b]
[b]Recent Average	5.25	65.5	.5[/b]

* = in Buffalo

I don't get the "owned" label people are using.

Four games last season with an average of 5.25 catches, 65.5 yards, and 0.5 TDs per game.

With not only a pass heavy, but pretty much pass only offense the Bills used the majority of last season, the #1 receiver averaging those numbers constitutes "owned"?

Just saw Revis on NFL32. When asked who gave him the toughest time, mentioned Fitzgerald, Moss, Ochocinco, no mention of Stevie. Either he's trying to put the two games this year out of his mind, or he doesn't want to let someone he faces twice a year to let him know he's in his head.

He needs to face his fears :devil:

:D

I think that I could cover Ochocinco at this point in his career. I find it even funnier that some posters are saying that Ochocinco is a hall of fame candidate. If Chris Carter and Andre Reed can't make the hall of fame then Ochocinco doesn't stand a rats chance in hell.

That's why I keep saying TWO of those guys. Ocho was no slouch either though. Not a HoF guy, but neither is Stevie

I've always thought that Revis' struggles against Stevie proved that Stevie is not a #1 receiver. Since Revis shuts down #1 WRs.

Hahahahahaha

I don't get the "owned" label people are using.

Four games last season with an average of 5.25 catches, 65.5 yards, and 0.5 TDs per game.

With not only a pass heavy, but pretty much pass only offense the Bills used the majority of last season, the #1 receiver averaging those numbers constitutes "owned"?

Yes, when you compare it to the really great receivers that revis limits to 1-2 catches for 10-20, Stevie looks great. Revis shuts down most receivers and it is impressive to get 5 catches when he covers you.