---------------------------------
10/3/10* 		3	31	1
1/2/10			5	72	0
11/6/11* 		3	84	0
11/27/11 		8	75	1
Recent Total		21	262	2
Recent Average		5.25	65.5	.5

* = in Buffalo

...and it turns out Revis was not active for the two Bills games in 2010.

I think I forgive Revis the transgression of not singing Johnson's praises for his good game around Thanksgiving. Not to short Johnson: the first game of 2011 was also nice including a 52 yard catch over Revis and other successes.

Hahahahahaha

Yes, when you compare it to the really great receivers that revis limits to 1-2 catches for 10-20, Stevie looks great. Revis shuts down most receivers and it is impressive to get 5 catches when he covers you.

Johnson has been doing quite well against Revis. You're right, a lot better than othre #1 WRs from the stats I remember seeing at some point. I think another game or two and Revis will start mentioning him. ("It's not that I had a bad game, it's that Steve is a very talented reciever.")

Um... make up you mind?

Perhaps, you should read through the thread and see that I responded that I do not believe it is a slight, but that others believe it is so. The people in this thread are saying that this is a slight, that Revis is intentionally ignoring Stevie.

I disagree. I believe people are making mountains out of molehills.

I don't get the "owned" label people are using.

Four games last season with an average of 5.25 catches, 65.5 yards, and 0.5 TDs per game.

With not only a pass heavy, but pretty much pass only offense the Bills used the majority of last season, the #1 receiver averaging those numbers constitutes "owned"?

I agree. If he really "owned" him, he'd have made that clutch catch and maybe we would've won.

SJ did better than most against Revis, but in no way did he "own" him.

Only 25, back to back 1,000+ yard seasons and yet you're setting limits on him? Wow

Anything is possible but I bet you wouldn't lay money on that one. Until I start seeing some 1400 yard seasons, there's not even a conversation about it.

You know since a guy like Larry fitz has 5 straight 1000 yarders, all bigger than Stevie, 3 over 1400

Yes, when you compare it to the really great receivers that revis limits to 1-2 catches for 10-20, Stevie looks great. Revis shuts down most receivers and it is impressive to get 5 catches when he covers you.

Impressive compared to other receivers I can see. But he owned Revis?

Well, the sample isn't that big. I wouldn't call Johnson elite.

Shut your mouth. The only measure of greatness is yards per game in 2011 vs revis. Offensive scheme, defensive scheme - none of that matters. Though Stevie even was open when he dropped that one, to add to the "owning" that day.

seriously i think he doesnt think much of stevie, who is a mid level guy, and stevie and fitz brought their A game in a game the jets were leading the whole way.

I think revis knows he would own stevie in a big game and will bring it this year against him just to shut us all up.

seriously i think he doesnt think much of stevie, who is a mid level guy, and stevie and fitz brought their A game in a game the jets were leading the whole way.

I think revis knows he would own stevie in a big game and will bring it this year against him just to shut us all up.

i think stevie does some things well that match up vs revis. being a good route runner and going on the inside third of the field has historically challenged revis. I would also venture though that a lot more often its truly revis island 1 on 1 coverage vs stevie than it is against a larry fitzgerald, or a moss (who i recall burning revis deep - which VERY few have been able to pull). when it comes down to it, stevie vs larry fitz is a laughable argument, stevie vs moss is silly as well. Stevie could play his way into the realm of ocho cinco (and isnt far off at this point) - not being listed ahead of those three isnt an insult though if asked to rattle off a few names...

like many have mentioned (or maybe i have many times), if he puts stevie even in his top 10 hardest to cover guys, thats a pretty good compliment considering how many guys hes lined up against. its not like he just said - oh stevie johnson, that guys a bum.