TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Yes, because our offense is so strong and stacked with weapons that we can afford to pass. Fitzpatrick is 100% a sure thing and completely guaranteed to not get hurt. Tyler Thigpen is a backup QB you can totally count on and develop. And Brad Smith is better than Tebow at running an offense in special situations.

Listen, I find the Tebow fanatics ridiculous. Dealing with them would suck. But the nfl.com article brings up some really good points. He's a good fit and could be had cheap; most likely the 4th we got for Lee and picking up a rookie contract with the signing bonus already paid. I would be very shocked if a team signs him to be their starter. I don't think it's going to happen.

The role that Tim Tebow is most likely to play is a role that Buffalo is looking to fill. A developmental project. And one that gets on the field in special packages.

We sign Mario and all of a sudden, everyone's on their high horse. The revenue to the Bills and surrounding areas alone would be worth taking a shot.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because our offense is so strong and stacked with weapons that we can afford to pass. Fitzpatrick is 100% a sure thing and completely guaranteed to not get hurt. Tyler Thigpen is a backup QB you can totally count on and develop. And Brad Smith is better than Tebow at running an offense in special situations.

Listen, I find the Tebow fanatics ridiculous. Dealing with them would suck. But the nfl.com article brings up some really good points. He's a good fit and could be had cheap; most likely the 4th we got for Lee and picking up a rookie contract with the signing bonus already paid. I would be very shocked if a team signs him to be their starter. I don't think it's going to happen.

The role that Tim Tebow is most likely to play is a role that Buffalo is looking to fill. A developmental project. And one that gets on the field in special packages.

We sign Mario and all of a sudden, everyone's on their high horse. The revenue to the Bills and surrounding areas alone would be worth taking a shot.

THIS^^^^

Owens media circus wasn't a problem (and he has been known to be a true locker room cancer in the past and been thrown off of multiple teams cause he is an @ss), yet the media following Tebow is such a problem to stay away from? Only the Haters are saying the guy is gonna end up starting. Most of the people supporting (or not hating the move) are saying he would be a good choice to replace Brad Smiths role of "Wildcat QB", or sit and develop behind Fitz. So far the biggest arguements to not spending a low round pick on him is that "He sucks (his 8-6 rercord as a starter and playoff win proves this)" or "Fans and his hardcore supporters will cry for him to start if Fitz plays bad" (Like this doesn't happen no matter whos the backup?). The same fanbase screaming about not wanting him cause of the media following him are the same fans crying cause they get no national media recognition, and the same fans that embraced bringing TO over a few seasons ago.

The Hatred for Tebow in the NFL is strong, mostly cause the media hype made because of his college career, and because he made his religious beliefs known and is strong about them. I have never seen him try and grab the medias attention or spotlight because he wanted it, the hype and attention is done by the media themselves, hyping up the smallest things about him. There is absolutly ZERO shreds of evidence that this guy is a lockerroom cancer, or someone that will drive the team apart if he isn't starting, and he seems more like the kind of teammate you would want around your team, he seems like a born leader

If the Bills struggled like Denver did early in the season last year, I wouldn't blame the fan base for wanting the 1st round draft pick QB we drafted the year before who won a heisman and succeeded in college to get a shot at starting some games.

I get why people are afraid of the Tebow circus, but count me among those who think this is a no-brainer for a fifth-rounder.

Tebow has started less than one full season. Considering his lack of experience and the time needed to adjust to the NFL, his body of work in that time is undeniably impressive. He took over for a 1-4 team and led them to the playoffs. Say what you want about their defense, but the fact remains that the team and defense Tebow inherited was exactly 5-20 in their previous 25 games going back to the 2010 season. 5-20, and the only real change was Tebow.

His completion percentage is low, but that's true of a lot of young QBs. Blaine Gabbert's completion was percentage was roughly the same last season, but people don't have such vehement hatred for him as a QB.

I think it's pretty clear that people dislike Tebow primarily for two reasons, neither of which have to do with football: One, he gets a ton of publicity. And two, he talks about God a lot.

Well here's the opinion of one Bills fan (who happens to not be religious at all): A mid-to-low round pick for Tebow is a steal.

Edited by Reddy Freddy

I get why people are afraid of the Tebow circus, but count me among those who think this is a no-brained for a fifth-rounder.

Tebow has started less than one full season. Considering his lack of experience and the time needed to adjust to the NFL, his body of work in that time is undeniably impressive. He took over for a 1-4 team and led them to the playoffs. Say what you want about their defense, but the fact remains that the team and defense Tebow inherited was exactly 5-20 in their previous 25 games going back to the 2010 season. 5-20, and the only real change was Tebow.

His completion percentage is low, but that's true of a lot of young QBs. Blaine Gabbert's completion was percentage was roughly the same last season, but people don't have such vehement hatred for him as a QB.

I think it's pretty clear that people dislike Tebow primarily for two reasons, neither of which have to do with football: One, he gets a ton of publicity. And two, he talks about God a lot.

Well here's the opinion of one Bills fan (who happens to not be religious at all): A mid-to-low round pick for Tebow is a steal.

Hello Cam Newton and Andy Dalton....Started and played well as rookies!!! LOL

I am a Miami Hurricane fan. We hate the Gators.

Having said that, there is no reason to hate Tim Tebow. The guy obviously (at least now and perhaps forever) is not someone who you would want running your offense full time. He is, however, a guy that would run through a brick wall if you asked him to. He is a hard worker and, by all accounts, a good teammate. Given that, I would have no problem if the Bills picked him up -- on the cheap -- as a developmental guy who might come into the game on some packages. If Buddy and Chan were to see a role for him, I would defer to them.

Edited by Peter

Thankfully, I've heard a grand total of ZERO national media reports that include the Bills in their list of possible Tebow landing spots.

Hallelujah!

I am a Miami Hurricane fan. We hate the Gators.

Having said that, there is no reason to hate Tim Tebow. The guy obviously (at least now and perhaps forever) is not someone who you would want running your offense full time. He is, however, a guy that would run through a brick wall if you asked him to. He is a hard worker and, by all accounts, a good teammate. Given that, I would have no problem if the Bills picked him him -- on the cheap -- as a developmental guy who might come into the game on some packages. If Buddy and Chan were to see a role for him, I would defer to them.

Anyone who would run through a brick wall if I asked him to, clearly does not understand physics.

Outside of Miami, or maybe jacksonville, I don't see it either, no other teams are desperate enough to need a startet that bad, or need to sell out their stadium as bad. A team will bring him in to see if they can make him into a good QB, or bring him in to be the 'Wildcat Qb" like the Bills did with Brad Smith last year.

There is really zero downside to making a deal for him if you can get him for a 4th or 5th. The upside is much more and would make it worth it for that kind of pick to see what you can do with him.

Thankfully, I've heard a grand total of ZERO national media reports that include the Bills in their list of possible Tebow landing spots.

Hallelujah!

No one has any idea on who has called, if any. Everyone is just speculating. But this NFL.com article would like to say hello: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

I get why people are afraid of the Tebow circus, but count me among those who think this is a no-brainer for a fifth-rounder.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: My sentiments exactly. We could use a 4th or 5th round pick on an "unproven" commodity or use a pick on a kid who actually has a heart, passion, a drive to win and has some raw ability that can be fine tuned (when he's not playing TE, WR, half back like Belicheat did with Hernandez...shoot, throw him in on special teams for fake punts as well.

Hello Cam Newton and Andy Dalton....Started and played well as rookies!!! LOL

Well, that just proves it, QB's need no time to adjust to the NFl game and are expected to now be Pro Bowlers in their rookie years. Sorry Aaron Rogers, you suck now, should have been a starter since day one of being drafted

Well, that just proves it, QB's need no time to adjust to the NFl game and are expected to now be Pro Bowlers in their rookie years. Sorry Aaron Rogers, you suck now, should have been a starter since day one of being drafted

LOL....and every QB is the same....so you can throw out all of the other things specific to each......where do they register on the CAM-O-METER?

We just re-signed Scott Chandler, so i don't see any reason to trade for tebow.

we need more than 1 TE...

seriously, i know he wants to play QB, but i bet the guy has the will to succeed at anything he's remotely qualified for. it would not surprise me at all if he was able to play the position at a competent level.

i think i'd rather have him over thigpen at QB, brad smith as "hybrid", and Lee Smith as backup TE. that's 3 options, so if it was just a 5th round pick, why the heck not?

When Tebow is in his 3rd (This season), 4th, 5th, 6th, and even 7th year, the cult will still find ways to make excuses for his lack of development...He will never be a good NFL QB....Period!!! But the cult will never get it

Worship on my friends. :worthy: Worship on!!!

Owens media circus wasn't a problem (and he has been known to be a true locker room cancer in the past and been thrown off of multiple teams cause he is an @ss), yet the media following Tebow is such a problem to stay away from? Only the Haters are saying the guy is gonna end up starting. Most of the people supporting (or not hating the move) are saying he would be a good choice to replace Brad Smiths role of "Wildcat QB", or sit and develop behind Fitz. So far the biggest arguements to not spending a low round pick on him is that "He sucks (his 8-6 rercord as a starter and playoff win proves this)" or "Fans and his hardcore supporters will cry for him to start if Fitz plays bad" (Like this doesn't happen no matter whos the backup?). The same fanbase screaming about not wanting him cause of the media following him are the same fans crying cause they get no national media recognition, and the same fans that embraced bringing TO over a few seasons ago.

The Hatred for Tebow in the NFL is strong, mostly cause the media hype made because of his college career, and because he made his religious beliefs known and is strong about them. I have never seen him try and grab the medias attention or spotlight because he wanted it, the hype and attention is done by the media themselves, hyping up the smallest things about him. There is absolutly ZERO shreds of evidence that this guy is a lockerroom cancer, or someone that will drive the team apart if he isn't starting, and he seems more like the kind of teammate you would want around your team, he seems like a born leader

If the Bills struggled like Denver did early in the season last year, I wouldn't blame the fan base for wanting the 1st round draft pick QB we drafted the year before who won a heisman and succeeded in college to get a shot at starting some games.

And some of us hate him because he's not a very good quarterback but is presented as such. His throw mechanics are exceptionally terrible. No amount of "coaching up" is going to fix that unless that "coaching up" involves turning him into a wildcat full back.

And that isn't worth a 4th round pick. And don't bother bringing up Brad Smith either, I thought he was a stupid gimmick signing too.