TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Tebow reminds me on the tech bubble in the late 90's. You knew in your heart the stocks were valued way to high, but they just kept going up (winning for tebow) and if you did not believe people looked at you sideways. But i learned from that debacle..and next year the Broncos will learn when the onsides kick are no longer recoverd, when a RB does not go out of bounds with under 2 to play etc.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow reminds me on the tech bubble in the late 90's. You knew in your heart the stocks were valued way to high, but they just kept going up (winning for tebow) and if you did not believe people looked at you sideways. But i learned from that debacle..and next year the Broncos will learn when the onsides kick are no longer recoverd, when a RB does not go out of bounds with under 2 to play etc.

Just like a true Bills fan. "There's always next year!"

I haven't read most of these posts, so if I'm rehashing what's been said, my bad...

I know Fitz gets a lot of the blame for our recent losses, and given that our offense has been pretty inept on this 6 game losing streak, I agree he shoulder some of it. But looking at what's going on in Denver with Tebow, it's clear that our biggest hurdle is defense. Although he's improving, I don't think Tebow is much better then Fitz, if he is at all. He is obviously more athletic and trumps pretty much everyone as a running QB doing the option, but his passing stats have been piss poor. In fact his overall play in games is usually horrible for the first three/ three and a half quarters. He somehow comes alive at the end, but if not for a stellar defense those late game surges don't matter. I mean think about, the Broncos can play an awful game yet still find themselves in it. We play an awful game and were down 3-4 touchdowns.

If our D played like theirs we could afford a few bad offensive outings. If they had shutdown any of the teams in our last six, we could have pulled out a few ugly wins. Alas we constantly find ourselves down 20 points in the first quarter of the game. Very few teams can win games when they're bombarded like that. Obviously we have drives to respond and score but it suddenly becomes a must that we score on each drive which just ain't gonna happen.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67

I haven't read most of these posts, so if I'm rehashing what's been said, my bad...

I know Fitz gets a lot of the blame for our recent losses, and given that our offense has been pretty inept on this 6 game losing streak, I agree he shoulder some of it. But looking at what's going on in Denver with Tebow, it's clear that our biggest hurdle is defense. Although he's improving, I don't think Tebow is much better then Fitz, if he is at all. He is obviously more athletic and trumps pretty much everyone as a running QB doing the option, but his passing stats have been piss poor. In fact his overall play in games is usually horrible for the first three/ three and a half quarters. He somehow comes alive at the end, but if not for a stellar defense those late game surges don't matter. I mean think about, the Broncos can play an awful game yet still find themselves in it. We play an awful game and were down 3-4 touchdowns.

If our D played like theirs we could afford a few bad offensive outings. If they had shutdown any of the teams in our last six, we could have pulled out a few ugly wins. Alas we constantly find ourselves down 20 points in the first quarter of the game. Very few teams can win games when they're bombarded like that. Obviously we have drives to respond and score but it suddenly becomes a must that we score on each drive which just ain't gonna happen.

Ugh, I hear a lot of ESPN regurg' here.

I think ESPN finally asked one of its analysts to actually do some research.

Trent Dilfer, per twitter, last night:

Quote:

Tebow: Final thoughts this week after watching EVERY TT snap this year. A lot to unpack here, but I will try to keep brief

Tebow: TT has shown MASSIVE improvement the last two games (MIN & Chi). Seeing it better, footwork, stroke, rhythm & accuracy

Tebow: Obvious by watching tape that he will have more open receivers than most because the threat of his DESIGNED runs & option

Tebow: This unique O puts D in HUGE conflict! It breaks rules, creates 1 on 1 tackling situations, & spreads secondaries thin.

Tebow: Bronco's empty package(no backs),creates the most conflict for D, TT ability to be a power runner creates open rec in pass

Tebow: EVERY empty formation pass play they have run as atleast 1 open rec, many times WIDE OPEN!

Tebow: Vs. Bears TT had 5 dropped passes past 1st down marker, 4 drives they punted the other one was at the end of the half

Tebow: Playing tight man accentuates the passing challenges, but exposes the D to the option game.Option FB runs D out of man cov

Tebow:Initially I didn't think this type of offense was sustainable, but w/TT dramatic improvements & conflict I see D in,I pause

Tebow: The key that allows him to not be as "pure" a passer & still have success is the DESIGNED runs.He must stay healthy 4 this

Tebow:It goes w/out saying he needs to continue to make significant improvements,but based on what I've seen in 11 starts,he will

Tebow: ONLY 11 STARTS, yet I & so many others forgot to see him through that lens.This will continue to be a fascinating study

Tebow: An offseason of working on the RIGHT stuff & increasing his FB IQ will have a tremendous impact on his game.

Tebow: For u simple minds out there, mobile QB's & this QB who dictates looks w/designed runs are two TOTALLY different things!

https://twitter.com/#!/TDESPN

Edited by Garranimal

Tebow is going to shred our D. Teams now have to keep a OLB spy on him. Corners are isolated. Defense has to stop the run and open field tackle.

We can't do any of those things. It's like the perfect matchup for them. Who is going to be our spy? Spencer Johnson? Kelvin Shepard? Batten? This is going to be ugly.

Tebow is going to shred our D. Teams now have to keep a OLB spy on him. Corners are isolated. Defense has to stop the run and open field tackle.

We can't do any of those things. It's like the perfect matchup for them. Who is going to be our spy? Spencer Johnson? Kelvin Shepard? Batten? This is going to be ugly.

Can't use an OLB as a spy. He's simply not in position to do it. My guess is it will be a combo of Barnett and Scott at different times and situations.

GO BILLS!!!

I've changed my opinion on Tebow. I still think he's a crappy quarterback and can't really throw the ball consistently. That said, he seems to be one hell of a football player. He's got "something" , that's for sure.

His religious zealot-ism still bothers the hell out of me, and I'd wish he'd shut up. However, the solution to that is to not listen to him speak off the field, and enjoy the hell out of his play on it.

I think I'm almost a fan.

I've changed my opinion on Tebow. I still think he's a crappy quarterback and can't really throw the ball consistently. That said, he seems to be one hell of a football player. He's got "something" , that's for sure.

His religious zealot-ism still bothers the hell out of me, and I'd wish he'd shut up. However, the solution to that is to not listen to him speak off the field, and enjoy the hell out of his play on it.

I think "zealot" isn't fair. He approaches his religion with zeal, so yeah, technically...but that word connotes a sort of aggressive fanaticism that I don't detect from Tebow.

As far as I can tell, his faith is open and public but he doesn't proselytize or speak negatively of those with different faiths.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I think "zealot" isn't fair. He approaches his religion with zeal, so yeah, technically...but that word connotes a sort of aggressive fanaticism that I don't detect from Tebow.

As far as I can tell, his faith is open and public but he doesn't proselytize or speak negatively of those with different faiths.

If Kurt Warner thinks your religious talk is to bold, then you are a zealot.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/11/kurt-warner-latest-to-offer-tim-tebow-advice-on-displays-of-faith/1

Funny thing is, other than the standard "thank my lord and savior" line that athletes have been saying for decades, I've never heard Tebow talk about his religious faith unless specifically asked about it by a reporter.

Well, to each man his own opinion. I'm an agnostic who enjoys debating religion and I've come across my share of holier-than-thou douches. Tebow strikes me as very sincere and peace-loving in his convictions.