TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Trent Dilfer, per twitter, last night:

Quote:

Tebow: Final thoughts this week after watching EVERY TT snap this year. A lot to unpack here, but I will try to keep brief

Tebow: TT has shown MASSIVE improvement the last two games (MIN & Chi). Seeing it better, footwork, stroke, rhythm & accuracy

Tebow: Obvious by watching tape that he will have more open receivers than most because the threat of his DESIGNED runs & option

Tebow: This unique O puts D in HUGE conflict! It breaks rules, creates 1 on 1 tackling situations, & spreads secondaries thin.

Tebow: Bronco's empty package(no backs),creates the most conflict for D, TT ability to be a power runner creates open rec in pass

Tebow: EVERY empty formation pass play they have run as atleast 1 open rec, many times WIDE OPEN!

Tebow: Vs. Bears TT had 5 dropped passes past 1st down marker, 4 drives they punted the other one was at the end of the half

Tebow: Playing tight man accentuates the passing challenges, but exposes the D to the option game.Option FB runs D out of man cov

Tebow:Initially I didn't think this type of offense was sustainable, but w/TT dramatic improvements & conflict I see D in,I pause

Tebow: The key that allows him to not be as "pure" a passer & still have success is the DESIGNED runs.He must stay healthy 4 this

Tebow:It goes w/out saying he needs to continue to make significant improvements,but based on what I've seen in 11 starts,he will

Tebow: ONLY 11 STARTS, yet I & so many others forgot to see him through that lens.This will continue to be a fascinating study

Tebow: An offseason of working on the RIGHT stuff & increasing his FB IQ will have a tremendous impact on his game.

Tebow: For u simple minds out there, mobile QB's & this QB who dictates looks w/designed runs are two TOTALLY different things!

https://twitter.com/#!/TDESPN

Thats what I have been saying abotu him! He ahs so so so many dropped passes. Dilfer didnt mention one of the drops was a sure fire TD, and that TT only int was when his WR fell down... and it was picked instead of a first down. He doesnt turn the ball over. His running abilty helps his OL, his RBs, his WRs, they are all made better by his running ability. Cam Newton is the only other QB who can do that. He is actually a much better passer than people give him credit for and he is getting better each week. He is going to be scary good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The development of Tim Tebow continues. It seems like teams have figured him out to some extent and it's now back on him to raise his game.

http://profootballta...rowing-problem/

"That left Tebow with three interceptions during the loss to Buffalo, and a total of 12 fumbles on the year. Only two NFL players — Matt Moore and Blaine Gabbert — have fumbled more than Tebow this season.

One of Tebow's big strengths early in his run as a starter was how he prevented turnovers. But he has fumbled in five straight games, including six times in the last three weeks alone.

The Bills and Patriots did a good job making Tebow throw from the pocket. Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said Kansas City will try the same approach."

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Thats what I have been saying abotu him! He ahs so so so many dropped passes. Dilfer didnt mention one of the drops was a sure fire TD, and that TT only int was when his WR fell down... and it was picked instead of a first down. He doesnt turn the ball over. His running abilty helps his OL, his RBs, his WRs, they are all made better by his running ability. Cam Newton is the only other QB who can do that. He is actually a much better passer than people give him credit for and he is getting better each week. He is going to be scary good.

All true Thoner. I'd only add that Cam Newton does it much better than Tebow, yet receives 1/100th of the accolades and coverage.

Denver getting in hurts. Cinci getting in after getting swept by Baltimore and Pittsburgh is just Lucky. After the top 2 seeds this looks like a fairly weak AFC playoff crop of teams. This shoulda been a season that the Bills could have snuck in.

timtebow...leading his team to more than 18 points in 3 of 10 starts! :thumbsup:

Pittsburg's defense is going to be salivating at the thought of getting tebow next week. Its like a 3rd bye in the AFC.

I disagree. It's going to be a tough game. Steelers' games are all pretty close, and this one will be tight with Denver's pretty decent defense and good running game. Not the kind of game you want to get into with Tebow.

Denver getting in hurts. Cinci getting in after getting swept by Baltimore and Pittsburgh is just Lucky. After the top 2 seeds this looks like a fairly weak AFC playoff crop of teams. This shoulda been a season that the Bills could have snuck in.

I can't find it yet, is it NE, Balt, Houston, Denver, Pitt and Cincy as 1-6 seeds in AFC?

I disagree. It's going to be a tough game. Steelers' games are all pretty close, and this one will be tight with Denver's pretty decent defense and good running game. Not the kind of game you want to get into with Tebow.

Seems to me that the book is out on tebow. Rush him, harass him, contain him, and make him beat you with his arm. Then he throws about 40% completion rate and will turn the ball over 2-3 times. Pittsburgh's defense should have no problem with this.

He's going to end up just like flutie. great off the bench as a changeup for a couple of games, but then his effectiveness will decrease to 0.

Seems to me that the book is out on tebow. Rush him, harass him, contain him, and make him beat you with his arm. Then he throws about 40% completion rate and will turn the ball over 2-3 times. Pittsburgh's defense should have no problem with this.

He's going to end up just like flutie. great off the bench as a changeup for a couple of games, but then his effectiveness will decrease to 0.

And, Belichick is the first one to undo both of them.

Thanks for the answers on the seedings!

Great... Denver gets "lucky" being 8-8 and getting an undeserved home game, then they get Pittsburgh without their best RB, then they get Big Ben with an ankle injury, then both Keisel and Hampton go down...

I don't believe anything with Tebow. I don't hate the guy, I've pulled for him all year and next week I'll be his biggest fan, but for the love of God all that happened as a result of today's game is that now New England gets HANDED a seat in the AFC Championship game, and they'll probably get to rest most of their starters most of the second half...

There's NOBODY on the planet that hopes I'm wrong, but the writing is on the wall... DAMNIT!!

Edited by McD