TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

The fact that Tebow had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game didn't escape notice on Sunday night. Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tebow-time-three-3-16-references-boffo-tv-172145772.html

As it turns out, the lone interception thrown in the game on Sunday night came from Ben Roethlisberger. What down and distance were involved when he threw it? Third and 16. Of course....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/10/john-316-tim-tebow-bible_n_1195221.html

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow's 80-yard touchdown pass to Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas set off something of a Twitter bomb that produced 9,420 tweets per second, the site announced on Monday. That figure topped the previous bests in sports, which were set during the Women's World Cup on July 17, 2011 with rates of 7,196 and 7,166 tweets per second.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-09/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-twitter-record-tweets-per-second#ixzz1j47HQ3BV

Never thought I'd be rooting for Brady in the playoffs...

Not me. I dont really think Tebow is an excellent qb but he does win. I will be rooting hard for him to beat the Patriots. I have no idea how one guy can make you root against the Pats*. I hate Tom Brady way more than any other player and the pats* more than any other team. It could be satan playing against the pats* and I would root for satan. Then again the deal Kraft struck with him may not allow for a fair game lol.

Not me. I dont really think Tebow is an excellent qb but he does win. I will be rooting hard for him to beat the Patriots. I have no idea how one guy can make you root against the Pats*. I hate Tom Brady way more than any other player and the pats* more than any other team. It could be satan playing against the pats* and I would root for satan. Then again the deal Kraft struck with him may not allow for a fair game lol.

I hate Brady and Bellichick and the whole crew, don't get me wrong. The last thing I want to see is them winning another SB (Ok, actually the Jets and that loud mouth crew winning the super bowl would be the last thing I would really want to see).

The hype around a mediocre at best QB just irks me. The funny thing is I loved watching Tebow in college, but in the NFL he has this whole hype train. I just want that to end. In some ways his hype is overshadowing legitimately amazing QB's like Brees and Rodgers..

I hate Brady and Bellichick and the whole crew, don't get me wrong. The last thing I want to see is them winning another SB (Ok, actually the Jets and that loud mouth crew winning the super bowl would be the last thing I would really want to see).

The hype around a mediocre at best QB just irks me. The funny thing is I loved watching Tebow in college, but in the NFL he has this whole hype train. I just want that to end. In some ways his hype is overshadowing legitimately amazing QB's like Brees and Rodgers..

#1- the hype is there because he wins.....even when the experts say he will lose.

#2- he is far from a "mediocre" QB. Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow's Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of a QB's production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html#ixzz1j4eago8T

#3- in a league filled with thugs, it is refreshing and easy to cheer for a humble, well mannered, team first, God fearing, underdog who is determined to get better each and every week. He is a leader who his teammates believe in.

It's not his train, though. It's the media's and whoever chooses to ride on it.

I don't see how the greatness of Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc. will/can be overshadowed by a fabricated media frenzy. At least by legitimate fans.

GO BILLS!!!

The NFL is just not challenging enough, thats why Tim Tebow waits until the end of the 4th quarter and overtime to start playing.

Tim Tebow has led Denver on 18 scoring drives in the fourth quarter or overtime over the last 12 games, the most recent coming on Demaryius Thomas' 80-yard catch and run on the first play of overtime in Sunday's 29-23 playoff upset of the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was Tebow's fourth win in overtime this season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-01-10/top-seeded-patriots-wary-of-tim-tebow-magic/52492780/1

1. I am new to TBD, but I have never seen a thread with 35 pages until this TEBOW thread.

2. In some ways I can semi understand being either pro or anti Tebow. However, even if you dislike/hate Tebow you can't be rooting for the Patriots. (@Turbosrrgood) That is ridiculous.

3. This is probably in some one of the earlier pages but it deserves another posting.http://www.break.com/index/tim-tebow-all-he-does-is-win-autotune-2269263

UNLEASH HIM!!!

More officiating ambiguity. Although Ill say that the "men on the line" rule has always been pretty loose as long as you check with a ref. But that TE is as much on the Line as most OTs when they line up for a passing play. Very rarely do you ever see a perfectly straight line. Most are some sort of V formation.

Edited by DrDareustein

Never thought I'd be rooting for Brady in the playoffs...

????????????????????????????????????

brady...... the same guy that has beat us almost every time he faced the bills.

tebow. we face him once and we beat his ass real good.

why the hate? cuz he prays. so what. he gets too much attention?????? so what. brady has received 100x more attention than tebow. there is no excuse.

every single TRUE bills fan imo should be rooting for denver to humiliate the pats.

????????????????????????????????????

brady...... the same guy that has beat us almost every time he faced the bills.

tebow. we face him once and we beat his ass real good.

why the hate? cuz he prays. so what. he gets too much attention?????? so what. brady has received 100x more attention than tebow. there is no excuse.

every single TRUE bills fan imo should be rooting for denver to humiliate the pats.

not necessarily.

young, dumb and full of jesus

1. I am new to TBD, but I have never seen a thread with 35 pages until this TEBOW thread.

2. In some ways I can semi understand being either pro or anti Tebow. However, even if you dislike/hate Tebow you can't be rooting for the Patriots. (@Turbosrrgood) That is ridiculous.

3. This is probably in some one of the earlier pages but it deserves another posting.http://www.break.com/index/tim-tebow-all-he-does-is-win-autotune-2269263

UNLEASH HIM!!!

nice post neebie. ps. have you not seen the last post wins thread? its 600+ pages.

UNLEASH HIM!!!

Cam Newton had over 50 pages last year but this might be second, never thought it would get this much traction but its fun.

#1- the hype is there because he wins.....even when the experts say he will lose.

#2- he is far from a "mediocre" QB. Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow's Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of a QB's production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html#ixzz1j4eago8T

#3- in a league filled with thugs, it is refreshing and easy to cheer for a humble, well mannered, team first, God fearing, underdog who is determined to get better each and every week. He is a leader who his teammates believe in.

your last point is complete BS. The league is 90% filled with good people. People only like to focus on the idiots though.

And I love Tebow. But the best thing about him is he plays in the garbage AFC West. But I'll be rooting like hell :devil: for him to win Saturday.