SKRAAPY

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bb.com

Actually, according to Mark Anderson, he did:

- From bb.com

I saw that a little while ago. But he somewhat contradicted himself on a different interview for GR that I had heard earlier. He said the signing didn't have too much of an effect on him, and that knowing Mario helped him a bit... he seemed to equate a lot of things equally or more to the signing than the Mario connection, which he acknowledged.

http://www.wgr550.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5754793

Finally...the Bills seem to have accepted the inevitable...you build a great team from the trenches back. Now do the same with the o-line and we'll be cooking with gas.

Bingo!! I was thinking the same thing. All these years of ignoring the most important part of the team. Draft O-line on draft day and this could be the best offseason for the Buffalo Bills.

I saw that a little while ago. But he somewhat contradicted himself on a different interview for GR that I had heard earlier. He said the signing didn't have too much of an effect on him, and that knowing Mario helped him a bit... he seemed to equate a lot of things equally or more to the signing than the Mario connection, which he acknowledged.

http://www.wgr550.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5754793

Thanks for the link. And you're right, he really did downplay it in the interview. Ah well, no matter, he's in the fold! :D

haha; just goes to show you. meant Mark, not Mike.

I'm glad we signed Mark Anderson, just surprised that he wasn't on my radar. Must have gotten those 12 sacks pretty quietly.

I couldn't help it. Figured if I didn't jump on it someone else would have! LOL

Question: Everyone is saying we have to release Edwards, Johnson, Kelsey or Carrington for roster or cap room; but is there no market to trade them. Seems in some teams needs/ system they would have value.

Some value, perhaps. On the other hand, teams may just wait around to see who gets cut. None of those guys are elite talent - they can be good role players with the right guys around them.

Wow.

Depending on how the season actually plays out (like, everyone stays healthy), this could be the most fearsome D-line the Bills have fielded...ever.

Tom Day, Tom Sestak, Jim Dunaway, Ron McDole. Until this line does not let up a rushing touchdown in a season this group will remain the best

The signing of Mark Anderson has me excited today, but the numbers of his deal have me a little concerned. 4 years $27.5 million is a lot of money for Anderson, no way around it. I thought this guy would be looking for $5 mill a year max, so to see it closer to $7 mill a year was a shock. I understand he had a good season last year, but guys who's numbers spike in a contract year is a bit worrisome. I really wonder if any of the other teams were offering anything close to what he just signed for.

The main reason for my concern is this: I don not want the signing of Mark anderson to cost us a shot at resigning Byrd or LeVitre next season. I hope it doesn't, but it could. I was holding out hope Bell would be a late resign, but with the signing of anderson I'm not sure the Bills have any resources left for Bell. i know he's had injury problems, and that is a legit concern, but I think he's a valuable asset to the team and being we only spent a 7th round pick on him, I was rooting for him. I wonder if the bills would even resign him at this point if he agreed to the numbers the Bills have on the table.

Let's hope Mark Anderson proves to be a nice signing, but theres no doubting the Bills overpaid.

Tom Day, Tom Sestak, Jim Dunaway, Ron McDole. Until this line does not let up a rushing touchdown in a season this group will remain the best

Tom Sestak was one of the very best at his position of all-time, but very few of the posters here ever saw him play. I did and that defense was outstanding. It was why they won the championships in the AFL. However, it is apples and oranges since the game has changed a lot in 47 years.

The signing of Mark Anderson has me excited today, but the numbers of his deal have me a little concerned. 4 years $27.5 million is a lot of money for Anderson, no way around it. I thought this guy would be looking for $5 mill a year max, so to see it closer to $7 mill a year was a shock. I understand he had a good season last year, but guys who's numbers spike in a contract year is a bit worrisome. I really wonder if any of the other teams were offering anything close to what he just signed for.

The main reason for my concern is this: I don not want the signing of Mark anderson to cost us a shot at resigning Byrd or LeVitre next season. I hope it doesn't, but it could. I was holding out hope Bell would be a late resign, but with the signing of anderson I'm not sure the Bills have any resources left for Bell. i know he's had injury problems, and that is a legit concern, but I think he's a valuable asset to the team and being we only spent a 7th round pick on him, I was rooting for him. I wonder if the bills would even resign him at this point if he agreed to the numbers the Bills have on the table.

Let's hope Mark Anderson proves to be a nice signing, but theres no doubting the Bills overpaid.

They gave him $8M guaranteed. That's not a lot. Think of it like this: usually a contract gets about half the total value in guaranteed money, which in this case would be about $14M.

FWIW, on the Comcast Sports Network evening show up here in the Boston area, they were saying (I'm paraphrasing)... "Buffalo is taking the Giants model of how to beat the Patriots. They are gearing up and they are going to try to BURY Tom Brady. Look out for Buffalo". I smiled at the TV. :)

Am I the only person that has never heard of this Mike Anderson.

Tim Anderson? Yes.

Mike? No.

Tim Anderson. He's a lunch pail kind of player.

(shuddering at the thought)

Question: Everyone is saying we have to release Edwards, Johnson, Kelsey or Carrington for roster or cap room; but is there no market to trade them. Seems in some teams needs/ system they would have value.

Carrington and Kelsay aren't going anywhere and Spencer Johnson probably can't draw a draft pick. But pro personnel and quality control guys around the league who watch a lot of film saw Dwan Edwards kicking many, many asses last year. If the Bills are patient, I wouldn't be surprised if they could get a 2nd day pick out of a very good starting 3-4 End.

Tom Sestak was one of the very best at his position of all-time, but very few of the posters here ever saw him play. I did and that defense was outstanding. It was why they won the championships in the AFL. However, it is apples and oranges since the game has changed a lot in 47 years.

The game has changed a lot but all you can do is compare teams against their opposition. Who knows how big Sestak and Dunaway might have been with modern weight lifting regimens, creatine, not to mention other stuff. I just hope that the 12 year olds of today will remember Williams, Willaims, Dareus and Anderson with the same fond memories of a dominating defensive line that you and I remember.