DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

WHY oh WHY

Would we cut DE DEPTH? Everyone knows that a good line needs to be a *rotation* of players. We still have cap room, there's no reason to cut Kelsay and Merriman *unless* the players behind them play *better*.

DEPTH is good people! C'mon!

I agree we should keep Kelsay and Merriman but I think Edwards should be gone. He doesnt fit with what we're going to be doing in the 43

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Just wow. I hate the over-used term but this has surely been the perfect storm.

1] A guy like Mario becoming available in FA which rarely happens

2] Ralph deciding to open the pocketbook.

3] Wanny becoming the DC

4] The Bills biggest need being pass rusher

5] The offense doing enough to create excitement that they could do well with a good D

6] Going hard for Mario immediately

7] Great weather and deers in the backyard when Mario came (along with him being a "Buffalo" kind of small town guy)

8] Signing Mario which supercharged the excitement around the city, team and league

9] Guys like Anderson liking what they see and wanting to join the party

You forgot: 1a] Plenty of other teams who would have wanted Mario were unable to chase him because of limited cap space.

Can't wait for this season!

I like it when our moves make fans from other teams actually say something nice about us! My favorite comments from PFT

"we’re all so caught up in Peyton, Tebow and S.Payton…the Bills have quietly gotten A LOT better."

"Brady: “I hope Buffalo’s hospitals are better than there hotels”"

The best part about this is that it not only helps us a lot at a position of need, but it weakens a division opponent. The Pats wanted him back and we got him!

Edited by ndirish1978

Is this the same team I've been rooting for the past 12 miserable years?

Wow.

I like the strategy of our entire team now. Monster D line, quick-strike spread offense, a speedy outside RB, a do-it-all RB, and an INT-happy secondary.

Add an OLB, OT and a legit No. 2 WR and we're going to be a force.

Will be fun watching them next season.

I agree we should keep Kelsay and Merriman but I think Edwards should be gone. He doesnt fit with what we're going to be doing in the 43

I agree with this. Dwan worked for our team last year, imo. But this year he doesn't fit as well. Though, I'm willing to wait on cutting him until other players can prove to be as productive behind Kyle and Dareus. We don't really have any proved DT talent behind them.

Also, the Titans were going after Manning and could not be in play for Mario at that time and would have gone after him hard otherwise.

You forgot: 1a] Plenty of other teams who would have wanted Mario were unable to chase him because of limited cap space.

Can't wait for this season!

>> Bills signed DE Mark Anderson to a four-year, $27.5 million contract, with $8 million guaranteed.

Wow... that seems like a lot... is he worth that?

A bit more than I would've liked, but not a ton is guaranteed. Plus we don't know how it's structured. If the deal is back-loaded (which the Bills usually don't do), it makes the number look a lot bigger, but it's fantasy money, because he'll never get that big payday in the last year of the deal. I don't love this signing but I don't hate it either. It helps that my cube neighbor (who is a Pats fan) just told me he thinks Anderson was better than Carter last year, and he was hoping the Pats would bring him back. Doesn't think he's more than a situational player, though.

WHY oh WHY

Would we cut DE DEPTH? Everyone knows that a good line needs to be a *rotation* of players. We still have cap room, there's no reason to cut Kelsay and Merriman *unless* the players behind them play *better*.

I don't think Kelsay or Merriman are going anywhere, at least this year. I do think Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson should be worried. I don't think anyone gets cut until training camp, though. Why bother now? The Bills don't have to write any checks until the regular season starts, and they're still under the cap. Wait till training camp and make sure that you can live with Lionel Dotson or whoever playing in a rotational role before cutting the highly paid veteran in front of him.

A bit more than I would've liked, but not a ton is guaranteed. Plus we don't know how it's structured. If the deal is back-loaded (which the Bills usually don't do), it makes the number look a lot bigger, but it's fantasy money, because he'll never get that big payday in the last year of the deal. I don't love this signing but I don't hate it either. It helps that my cube neighbor (who is a Pats fan) just told me he thinks Anderson was better than Carter last year, and he was hoping the Pats would bring him back. Doesn't think he's more than a situational player, though.

I don't think Kelsay or Merriman are going anywhere, at least this year. I do think Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson should be worried. I don't think anyone gets cut until training camp, though. Why bother now? The Bills don't have to write any checks until the regular season starts, and they're still under the cap. Wait till training camp and make sure that you can live with Lionel Dotson or whoever playing in a rotational role before cutting the highly paid veteran in front of him.

Right, it makes sense to wait until training camp and keep who plays best as long as we have the room to afford it. If we were tight on cash or over the cap, I'd see looking at cutting guys now, but as far as I can tell we aren't.

Lets roll into training camp and see who comes out. We need to keep as much talent as possible. The front seven gets tired fast, it's important to have good backups behind your starters.

Side note: Wonder if he'll be able to shed any light on NE's defense for us... probably nothing we don't know, but maybe. :)

WHY oh WHY

Agreed. Keep adding the offensive lineman. In the draft go left tackle with the first pick and then I think load up on linebackers.