fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the best tweet I saw about their case:

The state appears to be trying to create doubt about #Zimmermanon9 's story rather than proving the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm not a lawyer or a legal scholar, and coincidentally, neither is the jury. We already know beyond even a shadow of doubt that Geroge killed Trayvon. George says it was self defense. I think the DA is trying to convince the jury that it was not self defense. Wether he was depraved or not, they can still get him on manslaughter. But the DA is making a pretty good case that he was chasing Trayvon and had ill will because George decided Trayvon was one of "those !@#$s that always get away" and "a !@#$in' punk."

Well the state's "closing argument" has turned into a slide-show (side-show?)

none of which apparently have to make any sense................

BO61BJ8CUAA3VO-.jpg

It's the prosecution's job to PROVE who screamed. "Who are you more likely to believe..." is a tacit admission by the prosecution that they themselves have reasonable doubt.

I'm not a lawyer or a legal scholar, and coincidentally, neither is the jury. We already know beyond even a shadow of doubt that Geroge killed Trayvon. George says it was self defense. I think the DA is trying to convince the jury that it was not self defense. Wether he was depraved or not, they can still get him on manslaughter. But the DA is making a pretty good case that he was chasing Trayvon and had ill will because George decided Trayvon was one of "those !@#$s that always get away" and "a !@#$in' punk."

But that's the whole point - the prosecution has to PROVE that it was murder and PROVE that it was not self defense. All they've done so far is try to throw doubt into the mind of the jury -- but the law says the prosecution has to PROVE, not just make the jury doubt the defenses story. And they haven't done that at all.

A conviction for anything at all spells the end of the rule of law and American jurisprudence.

Sleep well knowing that you're all guilty of whatever I can think to accuse you of, until such time as you can prove yourself innocent. Also sleep well knowing that it has become acceptable for the most powerful branch of our government to influence the outcome of domestic trials.

Which is what many of us said earlier. Manslaughter was a much more reasonable charge, and probably had a decent chance at an involuntary manslaughter conviction. They were insane to try for murder 2.

Which is what many of us said earlier. Manslaughter was a much more reasonable charge, and probably had a decent chance at an involuntary manslaughter conviction. They were insane to try for murder 2.

That shouldn't have a chance either. If he was !@#$ing around & accidentally fired & it went off that might be possible, but that's not what we have here. For it to be manslaughter it would have to be voluntary manslaughter, & they still haven't shown beyond plausible conjecture (I'd argue they haven't even shown that) that GZ was either the initial aggressor, or so reckless in his conduct prior to the physical altercation that TM would have been able to successfully argue self-defense for assaulting Zimmerman.

Speaking of which, anyone watching the States closing arguments ( Bernie de la Rionda) have new respect for the terms "rambling" and "disjointed"

I've been driving a lot and listening on the radio this morning, and after about 5 minutes I could no longer take the Hillary-like shrillness coming out of this guy. Basic rule in theatrical performances...start low and build up. He is as shrill as a man can be without actually being a woman.

Went into a meeting for an hour and half, left the building, got in my car, and the guy was STILL shrieking.

Since this whole thing went down I have had an insatiable appetite for skittles. Cannot get enough. Most tragically effective case of product placement ever. Would make for a very interesting case study.

Arizona Iced Tea really got the short end of the stick here. They're always just referred to as "and an iced tea."

This power of persuasion really works. I stopped at 7-11 and picked up an AZ Tea (Ginseng - I need the energy to get through the work day) and a Share Size pack of Skittles. It's actually a hell of a combination. Although I am getting some funny looks here at work though with them sitting on my desk.

Just got home. Did they behead Zimmerman today?

No, but BDLR needs to find another profession. Yelling, shouting, screeching f'n asswholes, mo fo punks over and over again, not putting on a theory, saying it could have been this................ or this............or this, and out and out lying doesn't make for a prosecutor.