Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

3rd are you some kind of (self anointed) PPP neighborhood watch person?

I can see it now... Dogs black, 3rd is white-Hispanic and we are all going to be witnesses in the trial for the beating dogs taking....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bdlr jumping on the dummy on the floor... Umm... Seems like a poor choice

The whole dummy thing did not go over as well as planned for the prosecution (in my opinion),

in this case, some things are better left for the imagination as far as the jury is concerned

I take it you've probably never posted in BB.com

Not in recent years, that I can recall anyway. I used to haunt this place until the college freshmen with no lives (and less to say) took over. It's all good. Anything that's said here matters not one whit in the grand scheme of things except to he who posted it and the people who take exception to it. .

Here are five questions jurors will have to sort out.

———

WHOSE SCREAMS ARE ON 911 CALLS?

Convincing jurors about whose voice is screaming for help on 911 calls that captured audio of the fight has become the primary goal of prosecutors and defense attorneys. Martin's mother, father and brother testified it's the Miami teen screaming for help on recordings of the 911 calls made by Zimmerman's neighbors. Zimmerman's mother, uncle, father and five friends told jurors it was the neighborhood watch volunteer's voice. One of Zimmerman's neighbors, Jayne Surdyka, says the screams were those of a boy.

———

WHO WAS ON TOP?

Zimmerman was wearing a red jacket and Martin had on a dark hoodie. Zimmerman's former neighbor Jonathan Good, perhaps the witness with the best view of what happened, says he saw a person in dark clothing straddling someone in red or white clothing and making downward movements with his fists in a mixed-martial arts maneuver known as "ground and pound." Neighbors Selma Mora and Surdyka say the person on top got up after the shooting. Zimmerman's attorneys claim Zimmerman had been on the bottom but got on top of Martin after he fired his gun.

———

HOW DID POSITION OF MARTIN'S ARMS CHANGE?

Zimmerman told investigators that Martin was on top of him, pounding his head into the pavement. After he fired his gun, he says, he got on top of Martin and spread his arms. However, a photo taken moments later by Zimmerman's neighbor shows Martin's arms under his body. Defense expert Vincent DiMaio testified Martin could have moved his arms in the 10 to 15 seconds he would have been conscious after being shot in the heart.

———

DID ZIMMERMAN ACT IN SELF-DEFENSE?

Zimmerman has argued all along he acted in self-defense, although he passed up chance for a self-defense "stand your ground" hearing in which a judge could have thrown out the case without it going to a jury if the judge was convinced there was enough evidence to support it. Zimmerman's community college instructor, Alexis Francisco Carter, told jurors that a person can claim self-defense if they have a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm. Jurors will get further instructions on self-defense from the judge.

———

DID ZIMMERMAN ACT WITH ILL WILL, HATRED, SPITE OR EVIL INTENT?

In order to get a second-degree murder conviction, prosecutors must show that Zimmerman acted with ill will, hatred, spite or evil intent. Prosecutors have argued that profanities Zimmerman uttered under his breath while he watched Martin walk through his neighborhood were evidence of ill will and hatred. But when asked by prosecutors and defense attorneys, no witness said Zimmerman acted with these traits.

———

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/questions-jurors-zimmerman-trial-19633020#.Ud384Kxv_FR

I am more at odds over this trial then before. I know what I have seen in the testimony. I know what I have seen not admitted. I know the evidence presented. I cannot honestly say I have an unbalanced opinion due to my full knowledge of outside evidence and testimony. But, seeing how many people here respond and knowing that the average person who does not follow the news enough to know major current events, such as this, or that said person is not able to get out of jury duty makes me believe that some here on this board share an IQ matching that of a jury member. That is tremendously scary.

After reading that quote and seeing how more and more aligned JDN becomes to the State I worry that tomorrows rulings will even cripple the defense more. I thought just two days ago an innocent on all counts verdict is highly likely and an appeal if conviction is obvious. Today I am not so sure. Aggravated assault is 50/50? I'm not sure, I am still reading the definition of aggravated assault for greater definition (anyone got a good quote of it?). I do not think Manslaughter is likely - due to self defense. But, because I see the no manslaughter due to self defense that should rule out Agg. Assault? My thought is the jury wants to hang their hat on something - the guy is in court facing a steep charge with one teen boy with Skittles that lay dead.

After reading that and un-sifting the bias I see I believe...

1. Cancels out each other. EDGE: State (due to the Martin dying - more weight to worry you kind of sentiment a woman would irrationalize).

2. Enough evidence shows that Zimmerman was on his back and Martin was on top. Edge: Defense

3. A wash - could be looked at as a lie by Zimmerman, could be looked at as he was in state of shock, could be looked at as evidence shows he moved his hands. I have seen the photo - he did not move his hands that much. (I can post this photo or just tell you to Google it, if you'd like). Edge: Defense (reasonable doubt)

4. Clearly Zimmerman drew his gun and fired to end the altercation. Was it self defense - I still think, due to Jury thought it is 90/10 self defense - EDGE: Defense

5. No brain. EDGE: Defense

I am sure it will be Appealed and heard by an appeals court regardless of which conviction he may get - if he may get.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/crimes/784.021.html

784.021 Aggravated assault.—

(1) An "aggravated assault" is an assault:

(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or

(b) With an intent to commit a felony.

(2) Whoever commits an aggravated assault shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

History.—s. 2, ch. 3275, 1881; RS 2402; GS 3228; RGS 5061; CGL 7163; s. 1, ch. 29709, 1955; s. 1, ch. 57-345; s. 731, ch. 71-136; s. 18, ch. 74-383; s. 8, ch. 75-298.

Note.—Former s. 784.04.

Edited by jboyst62

Not in recent years, that I can recall anyway. I used to haunt this place until the college freshmen with no lives (and less to say) took over. It's all good. Anything that's said here matters not one whit in the grand scheme of things except to he who posted it and the people who take exception to it. .

truer words were never spoken...

So says the dorm mother. You may be getting older, but your shtick hasn't changed a bit. You're still mean and nasty, and don't really add to the discussion beyond your favorite use of the letter K.

Zimmerman Trial Witness Demonstrates Power of Media to Shape Opinion

Long the focus of attention, the national news media's persistently inaccurate photographic portrayals of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin appear to have clearly influenced one of the witnesses in the trial of his killer, George Zimmerman.

While NBC News's dishonest editing of an audio clip of Zimmerman appears to have only temporarily skewed public opinion, during testimony last week it became apparent that the national media's continual showing of photographs of a much younger Martin led witness Jeannee Manalao to incorrectly believe that Zimmerman (who is 5'8") was taller than Martin (5'11").

In her testimony on June 26, Manalao, a resident in the condominium complex on the night Martin was killed, admitted repeatedly that she changed her assessment of the facts thanks to the media.

Originally, as Manalao admitted on cross-examination by the defense, she was uncertain which of the men was on top during the fight she saw in the dark. Manalao also admitted that in her initial communications with law enforcement, she never made any statements to that effect.

Later, however, she changed her opinion. "After the event," Manalao testified, she saw several pictures of both Zimmerman and Martin on television once the case acquired national notoriety. It was only then that she was able to make an assesment of the physical sizes of the men she saw struggling in the dark several months earlier.

Unfortunately, however, Manalao's judgment was clouded by the liberal media's incessant desire to portray Martin as a pure, innocent child who was murdered by an evil racist white man (who in truth is half Hispanic and also part black).

According to the witness, she based her assessment on the size of Trayvon Martin on old photos of Martin that most of the national media have been using instead of ones closer to his actual age at death, 17.

Had Zimmerman's defense team not been sufficiently adept, it's quite likely Manalao's distorted picture of reality would have gone unchallenged in court. That's a really scary thought when you think about it: the media's negligence in reporting the truth literally changed an eyewitness's testimony toward their favored side.

Had they not been challenged, Manalao's media-created reality would have been more damaging than the false impressions created by both CNN and NBC that Zimmerman had uttered racist statements while on the telephone with a 911 operator since those never were presented to the jury.

Edited by B-Man

Guess I am not alone...

I have a really bad feeling about the Zimmerman verdict.[/color]

Logically, it should be a slam dunk of “Not Guilty” on all charges, since the evidence clearly shows Zimmerman was acting in justifiable self-defense as he was being beaten by Trayvon Martin. Or at least there is a reasonable doubt as to self-defense, which the law requires result in a Not Guilty verdict.

I’ve said it before, this was a case which never should have been brought, and it wasn’t. Not until a carefully orchestrated professionally managed publicity campaign based on false racial accusations, resulting in a Special Prosecutor.

You know the rest, or at least you thought you did until today.

We knew that Obama pumped up the racial angle when he commented that if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon. I wonder which Trayvon that was, the one the jury heard about who just liked to play video games with his siblings? Or the Trayvon of the cell phone, bragging not long before this incident about his fighting prowess and how he knew how to sucker punch people in the nose? But the jury never will know that.

We also knew that Eric Holder had the DOJ investigate the case, and that the FBI found no evidence that Zimmerman was racist or motivated by racism.

What we didn’t know until today was that the DOJ supported some of the anti-Zimmerman rallies, as disclosed by Judicial Watch (which also is helping me with my lawsuit to obtain David Gregory non-prosecution records from D.C.), Documents Obtained by Judicial Watch Detail Role of Justice Department in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests:

announced today that it has obtained
in response to local, state, and federal records requests revealing that a little-known
of the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Community Relations Service (CRS), was deployed to Sanford, FL, following the Trayvon Martin shooting to help organize and manage rallies and protests against George Zimmerman.>

The way the trial has been conducted is an equal travesty.

The prosecution is throwing everything against the wall, including conflicting and inconsistent theories that Trayvon was on the bottom of the fight screaming and alternatively that he was on top pulling back. Similarly the prosecution creates obsessive distractions such as whether Zimmerman “followed” Martin, even though that is legally irrelevant.

We have had the strange spectacle of the prosecution attacking its own police witnesses who had the temerity to believe George Zimmerman’s story and find it consistent and credible. The law enforcement world has been turned on its head in this prosecution, because it had to be turned on its head to justify the prosecution.

If you want to understand just how dirty this prosecution case has been, consider one bit of evidence which probably slipped by most viewers.

The prosecution elicited testimony from defense gun shot wound forensic expert Vincent DiMaio that he participated in studies of gunshot wounds on live animals (under a federally regulated and sanctioned program in which the animals were under anesthesia). What’s the relevance of that? Nothing. Except that the prosecution knew that there were animal owners on the jury, and this was an attempt to poison the jury on something having nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of George Zimmerman.

It’s all coming together in this case.

Racial politics supported by State power.

I hope the jury views the evidence with the dispassion of the original prosecutors. I fear it will not.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/racial-politics-supported-by-state-power-come-down-on-george-zimmerman/

Guess I am not alone.

Inb4 someone says the chest thumping pro GZ folks are backpedaling.

So, are you going to state some examples why PPP is rife with racism and racists or just run away as I predicted?

So you come back here and start accusing many of us of being racists and have the nerve to say it's all good?

She was part of the great Liberal exodus. Drive by's are all she does.

It's like clockwork. They come down, say something stupid, maybe wash and repeat and then run away for another few months. He/she/its comments about college freshman taking over the board will fit in nicely with the comments about all the old, white, bald racists here.

So you come back here and start accusing many of us of being racists and have the nerve to say it's all good?

It was a general statement that we are close to the KKK as far as racism goes. When challenged to submit some examples she runs away. The reason I'm assuming that it is a female---no balls.