Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lack of physical prowess makes Zimmermans actions seem even more negligent in my opinion because it increases the chance of getting into an altercation with no way to defend himself except with the use of a deadly firearm.

Don't hurt yourself with all these contortions.

Prosecution is trying to make sure the Jury understands T Martin very well may have been acting in self defense and is not here to explain his side of the story.

Forcing the Defense to prove Zimmermans account is correct.

You are truly dense. The prosecution's job is to prove Zimmerman's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not to defend Martin. Conversely, the defense's job is to establish reasonable doubt as to the prosecution's charges, not prove Zimmerman's account.

I've displayed a fairly clear understanding of the law and have tried to carry on a civilized conversation.

You think jurisprudence is based on a presumption of guilt and the burden of proof is on the defense, can't define "culpable negligence," and think Zimmerman's relative physical inability makes him criminally culpable for someone else punching him in the face.

What, exactly, have you demonstrated an understanding of?

Agreed.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

The disagreement is on criminal liability.

Even if you want to say all the times are not 100% in sync, I doubt they were 1:30 off. Computer systems like 911 and phone records usually work off the atomic clock time, so they should all be very close if not the same.

Not necessarily. The network time on my AT&T mobile phone was consistently 2 minutes off the atomic clock. Plus we don't know whether the phones were set to network times or not.

Not necessarily. The network time on my AT&T mobile phone was consistently 2 minutes off the atomic clock. Plus we don't know whether the phones were set to network times or not.

Mark O'Mara seems to think they are consistent because that's what he wanted to base his video on.

good points.

My droid falls 2 seconds behind every night. My truck loses a minute a day for some reason.

The time on my phone syncs some time in early AM but if I keep data off it can be 2 or 3 minutes behind if I put a lot on the CPU...

Mark O'Mara seems to think they are consistent because that's what he wanted to base his video on.

Even if the clocks are consistent, that time gap doesn't detract from GZ's account. He could have just been standing around at the bend and not gone back to the car like he told the dispatcher. OTOH, TM had ample time & opportunity (apparently twice) to head back to his father's condo and avoid any face to face contact with GZ.

Guilty or not. shooting never should have taken place.

There are a lot of things that never should have taken place....runaway trains shouldn't blow up small towns, pilots shouldn't land 777s tail-first. But sometimes a string of events has unintended consequences. The real question is, why is this one isolated incident worth of such intense scrutiny and attention?

There are a lot of things that never should have taken place....runaway trains shouldn't blow up small towns, pilots shouldn't land 777s tail-first. But sometimes a string of events has unintended consequences. The real question is, why is this one isolated incident worth of such intense scrutiny and attention?

Mother!@#$ing Skittles, man...

never should be on TV

and your missing the point completely,

Why would the defense be bringing in expert witness's to help explain/bolster Zimmermans account, if it wasn't necessary?

I said the Defense does have to present and defend their position, what planet are you from?

Well we go a :doh: and a :wallbash: I'll add a :w00t:

The pilots should have been tested. They are on our land. Firemen never should have shut down train with out talking to someone..

And the dumb guy with the gun should have stayed in the car.

The real question is, why is this one isolated incident worth of such intense scrutiny and attention?

The most disappointing thing I've learned from this case is that there are a crapload of hypocrites out there. They cry and scream and rant and march and protest in large numbers because a white guy killed a black kid.

And yet you can set your clock to the next black child about to be killed by a black gangbanger, and not a one of those crying, ranting, marching protesters could give a ratsasshair about it.

Edited by LABillzFan

OK, here's what I'm talking about. In George's re enactment video at 9:30 of the video he says he tells the 911 operator to meet him at his truck. Then he says he turns around and starts walking back to his truck. Even at his slow sauntering pace while talking to the cops it takes him 30 seconds to get to where he says Trayvon confronted him. Trayvon's call with Rachel went on for another 1:30 after that. According to Rachel (who's testimony has credibility issues) this was when Trayvon was telling her he was being followed. So what happened there? This is the part of George's story that doesn't add up IMHO.

Even if you want to say all the times are not 100% in sync, I doubt they were 1:30 off. Computer systems like 911 and phone records usually work off the atomic clock time, so they should all be very close if not the same.

You may want to listen to that tape again. After telling them to meet him at his truck he said something along the lines of "just have them call me". Rachel is as dumb as dog. She testified that TM was at the backdoor of his father's townhouse and then was followed some distance? It's 400' from that townhome to where the altercation took place. It's amazing to me the lengths some of you will go to twist this story against an innocent man.

The most disappointing thing I've learned from this case is that there are a crapload of hypocrites out there. They cry and scream and rant and march and protest in large numbers because a white guy killed a black kid.

And yet you can set your clock to the next black child about to be killed by a black gangbanger, and not a one of those crying, ranting, marching protesters could give a ratsasshair about it.

just look at Chicago how many kids killed?

The Defense still has to counter what the State tries to do by way of proving Zimmermans account is not correct.

What the !@#$ are you talking about?

Do you have any idea why our court system uses the term "not guilty" rather than "innocent"? Here's a hint: the two are not synonymous.

Jesus Christ, did your mother have any kids who lived?

The pilots should have been tested. They are on our land. Firemen never should have shut down train with out talking to someone..

And the dumb guy with the gun should have stayed in the car.

But see, that's the point. In each case it's more than just one isolated event that 'caused' the end result of someone's death, instead there was an accumulation of events or decisions that combined to create the result. The Boeing pilot was in the process of being tested -- but maybe the procedures for supervising tte test should have been different. Maybe the train enginneer should have slept on the train instead of a hotel. And maybe Martin should have just kept walking instead of turning around to confront/assault Zimmerman.

It's very convenient to pick one isolated moment or decision and just focus on that, but it's not really reflective of how life works.