Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

This power of persuasion really works. I stopped at 7-11 and picked up an AZ Tea (Ginseng - I need the energy to get through the work day) and a Share Size pack of Skittles. It's actually a hell of a combination. Although I am getting some funny looks here at work though with them sitting on my desk.

Pull your hoodie over your head and you'll be fine.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He had bullet points about DeDe, including this gem:

“I had a dream … that today a witness would be judged not on the color of her personality but on the content of her testimony,”

I really don't know which outcome would be better: letting this innocent man go, or sending him to jail to avoid the riots (knowing he'll be freed on appeal)

I think this is what's going to happen and I think it's what the state/govt. want. Probably no riots on the appeal.

Why is it that I seem to have seen a number of trials where they played the prosecution for aiming too high - Murder 1, capital offense, etc. and they never seemed to have a fallback like in this case?

Well the state's "closing argument" has turned into a slide-show (side-show?)

none of which apparently have to make any sense................

BO61BJ8CUAA3VO-.jpg

thats not even a well made slide.... is it that hard to make a good slide deck?

http://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_instruction/fl-3-6f-justifiable-use-of-deadly-force/

http://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_instruction/flji-7-4-murder-second-degree/

http://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_instruction/flji-7-7-manslaughter/

That was my thinking. Don't they have anyone in the DA's office that knows PowerPoint?

Did you forget the Skype fail? Or the amazing inability for them to control audio and video during the trial?

It should almost be a commercial for the evil empire. The Defense pulls up FaceTime from Apple and it works flawlessly.

Edited by jboyst62

This is a !@#$ing circus. This entire event is just a black eye on all things that this country has become.

In one simple test. If TM was alive today with a gun shoot wound or less and/or incident broken up before lethal - would GZ face charges or would TM? TM would face assault charges, possibly attempted murder.

absolutely right if if IF you believe GZ's account

My odds

conviction of 2nd degree murder 300 to 1 against (2nd degree murder sounded like a bridge too far from the beginning - given the burden of proof requirements for self-defense in Florida and the prosecution's requirement to prove a depraved mind beyond a reasonable doubt it could be a trillion to 1 but since there are a number of people convicted who are later proved innocent you have to give it chance as there has been somehow enough evidence against innocent people at other times to convince a jury to find them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt)

conviction of manslaughter 4 to 1 against

result of the verdict changing anyone's mind either way 1,000,000 to 1 (much like the OJ Simpson case)

Civil law suit - not sure what Florida law says about Civil suits in regards of Stand your ground (I think there is at least one state where you are immune) but if a civil law suit is brought I give TM's family a 90% chance of winning.

Oh and for everyone who has no doubt about GZ's account of things try this, put your gun on your hip and pin anything to your side with your arm (how GZ described pinning TM's hand) then reach and draw your gun by flexing at the elbow- forget about being straddled if GZ could get to his gun the way he described then he's a freak of nature.

Edited by ....lybob

absolutely right if if IF you believe GZ's account

My odds

conviction of 2nd degree murder 300 to 1 against (2nd degree murder sounded like a bridge too far from the beginning - given the burden of proof requirements for self-defense in Florida and the prosecution's requirement to prove a depraved mind beyond a reasonable doubt it could be a trillion to 1 but since there are a number of people convicted who are later proved innocent you have to give it chance as there has been somehow enough evidence against innocent people at other times to convince a jury to find them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt)

conviction of manslaughter 4 to 1 against

result of the verdict changing anyone's mind either way 1,000,000 to 1 (much like the OJ Simpson case)

Civil law suit - not sure what Florida law says about Civil suits in regards of Stand your ground (I think there is at least one state where you are immune) but if a civil law suit is brought I give TM's family a 90% chance of winning.

Let me ask you this, others, too.

I think the overcharge of Murder 2 hurts the chances of getting any conviction as much as it does help. It is obvious why it helps to add more charges - throw it at the wall and something might stick. The guy is in court with a dead body on his hands - he can't be all that great - right?

It hurts because the Jury may wonder why they are adding this charge when it is similar to the other and the other charge - M2 - is proven wrong because GZ did not kill him in murder or ill will - he killed him to save himself... oh, wait, then, he could not have done the manslaughter.

The way this trial is going, I expect the State to charge him for jaywalking - since he did confess to it on video several times and use his own reenactment to show it.

Those odds seem right. The State did a better job showing reasonable doubt then the defense, quite frankly, and until todays closing argument I had forgot just how very little they had.

Anyone see the De la whatever slam skittles and ice tea on the table? Almost swayed me to his side.

I am still confused as to why he kept saying TM committed no crime. Walked outside, bought this, had a photo button, minding his own business...etc.

What did GZ do that was against the law? He was walking, doing his duty as a Neighborhood Watch, not trespassing, anything...

The only thing I can say about GZ is that he is very chill at the table. The guy has to be sedated. He shows no emotions, poker face.

Jboyst, you are forgetting one very important fact. TM is just a lil child, GZ is a racist wanna be cop.

Seriously though, nothing about this trial makes sense. The DA made the case based on emotions. Poor little Travon. I am starting to believe the way blacks and whites actually think and analyze are miles apart.

Jboyst, you are forgetting one very important fact. TM is just a lil child, GZ is a racist wanna be cop.

Seriously though, nothing about this trial makes sense. The DA made the case based on emotions. Poor little Travon. I am starting to believe the way blacks and whites actually think and analyze are miles apart.

Not to totally monopolize the thread but I am listening to more of the closing, again.

I cannot believe why DBLR asks "if this guy thought TM had a gun, why did he get out to find out where he went?" "Why did GZ get out of his car if he thought TM was a threat to him." "It's his community."

Seriously, STFU with that. If I saw someone with a gun walking around my "neighborhood" I would not stand idly by as my neighbors, friends and family are subject to it. I would call the police and I would investigate the situation without putting myself in harms way. It's simply about carrying your neighbors, friends and family. Some people are not afraid to face danger to protect others, Bernie. You, I can tell looking at you, are a coward.

I like how personal some people in this thread are getting with the prosecution. It is as if you cannot understand people have jobs.

This prosecution team comes across as a little slimy to me. Some of the with holding of evidence until the last minute is pretty sneaky.

Let me ask you this, others, too.

I think the overcharge of Murder 2 hurts the chances of getting any conviction as much as it does help. It is obvious why it helps to add more charges - throw it at the wall and something might stick. The guy is in court with a dead body on his hands - he can't be all that great - right?

It hurts because the Jury may wonder why they are adding this charge when it is similar to the other and the other charge - M2 - is proven wrong because GZ did not kill him in murder or ill will - he killed him to save himself... oh, wait, then, he could not have done the manslaughter.

The way this trial is going, I expect the State to charge him for jaywalking - since he did confess to it on video several times and use his own reenactment to show it.

Those odds seem right. The State did a better job showing reasonable doubt then the defense, quite frankly, and until todays closing argument I had forgot just how very little they had.

Pretty much. If they'd gone from manslaughter from the start, it's more like 2-1. Prosecutorial stupidity.

my Heritage is English and Scotch German which makes me about as white as you can get (disregarding 1/64th or 1/128th of Redskin blood my grandfather shamefully confessed on his death bed) and I think GZ's account of things is rife with inconsistencies.

my Heritage is English and Scotch German which makes me about as white as you can get (disregarding 1/64th or 1/128th of Redskin Washington blood my grandfather shamefully confessed on his death bed) and I think GZ's account of things is rife with inconsistencies.

Fixed it for you.

(Well, for Tim Graham, actually. Wouldn't want to upset him.)

I like how personal some people in this thread are getting with the prosecution. It is as if you cannot understand people have jobs.

Is it his job to outright lie to try and get a conviction? I presume you are originally from Buffalo, or at least close by. Do you remember "The Coach" on WGR? That was his demeanor throughout closing arguments.