All Peyton Manning, all the time!

Manning to Miami makes the most sense. Offensive minded coach and he stays in the AFC. The AFC east is about to get a little stronger. The only other team I see as a possibility is Houston.

I think Houston is the spot. All of the major pieces are in place and Schaub can not stay healthy. And he gets to stick it in Irsay twice a year. Win/win. Once they cut Matty they save 7 mill right there.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Same reason we shouldn't trade up in the draft.... too many holes that won't be filled if we sell the farm for one player

2. Uncertainty about what you're selling the farm for - even if his arm strength returns, will his neck and arm last through a season?

3. Can he still take a hit?

4. Can he still take a season's worth of hits?

5. We don't have the OL he's accustomed to playing behind. Payton has less mobility than anyone we've seen since Rob Johnson

6. We don't have the receiving targets to take full advantage of Manning. SJ and who else?

7. He's accustomed to being The Prince, Bills Locker Room not accustomed to The Prince and his Court.

8. Gailey is willing to give up some control over playcalling as trust is built, he's likely not willing to have it taken.

9. Nix doesn't want to interrupt his nap

10. Ralph is Cheap

None of those on your list would deter me when you have a QB NOW who you know can't take you to the Superbowl. A complete risk or a turnover machine. I'll take the risk.

None of those on your list would deter me when you have a QB NOW who you know can't take you to the Superbowl. A complete risk or a turnover machine. I'll take the risk.

There's taking a risk and then there's diving dumpsters looking for a winning lotto ticket.

PTR

There's taking a risk and then there's diving dumpsters looking for a winning lotto ticket.

PTR

When u have nothing but dog food you DO dive into dumpsters. And that's not a fair analogy anyway unless you are a DR. If he goes to Miami and lights it up we'll be irrelevant for another 3 years. Sorry bro. Until we get a QB we're not going to win a SB.... bottom line. The Turnover machine isn't EVER going to make that happen.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I can't understand why Buffalo wouldn't at least test the waters on Peyton Manning. Yes, we invested money in Fitzpatrick - who cares! Fitz is a good quarterback but we all know he is not the guy to take us all the way. Arizona is interested in Manning despite putting big money into Kevin Kolb last year! They realize that Kolb is only mediocre so they are trying to upgrade the position. I just can't understand why we wouldn't at least consider Manning.

Now the real story is whether or not he would consider us (probably not)...

I think it's more Manning would most likely not consider Buffalo. He won't want to play outdoors is the frigid weather with the nasty Buffalo winds.

1) Manning WAS the offensive coordinator for the Colts

2) MegaMind isn't going to scrap the offense he has been installing for 2+ years and hand control over to Manning

3) We still don't know if Manning physically has what it takes to play

4) Manning is not likely overly impressed with our O-line and would need a 2.36sec release to avoid getting pummeled. (If anyone can do it he probably can but forget that nice 3 - 5 second pocket for his WR to get open)

5) Our defense guarantees a shoot out every week being 30th in the league and giving up 27.1 pts a week.

6) We already gave Fitz the money to be our guy for the next few years.

7) Fitz has the support of the front office, the coach and the team.

Edited by PDaDdy

I bet they reached out to Peyton, there's a reason Fitz's contract came with a clause in it. Why wouldn't you look at Manning? I like Fitz but regardless he's no Peyton. I think we would be a lot better fit than Miami would too. No one thought we would sign T.O., no one thought we'd draft CJ, I mean nothing in this league is set in stone. NOTHING!. We haven't been the the playoffs since 1999-2000 so for them not to even try is highly unlikely

I hope he signs with Miami also, it will most likely keep them from trading up to get RGIII. Manning and Brady are both pocket passers for the most part who struggle when under pressure. If we fix the pass rush, we should be able to beat these teams finally.

Umm...you tailor an offensive system to Manning, not the other way around. I guarantee you Texans' players would froth at the mouth at the prospect of landing Peyton.

ummmm...you dont tailor an offensive system to a 2-3 year player when you built your team/offense around a specific system that has had huge success in the past - even if its Peyton Manning - especially when a rookie backup was able to effectively execute in that system

you would take a step back implementing a new system for ALL YOUR OFFENSE just to cater to the inabilities (Peyton cant execute the various roll outs and bootlegs that the entire houston offense has thrived under) of an old, maybe not ever again fully healthy QB...

any way you slice it, Houston is a poor fit for Peyton - Arizona or Miami all the way

ummmm...you dont tailor an offensive system to a 2-3 year player when you built your team/offense around a specific system that has had huge success in the past - even if its Peyton Manning - especially when a rookie backup was able to effectively execute in that system

you would take a step back implementing a new system for ALL YOUR OFFENSE just to cater to the inabilities (Peyton cant execute the various roll outs and bootlegs that the entire houston offense has thrived under) of an old, maybe not ever again fully healthy QB...

any way you slice it, Houston is a poor fit for Peyton - Arizona or Miami all the way

i think (if healthy) peyton can handle some basic rollouts. hes not a threat to run but he can move. further, you can work some of those rollouts out of the system without totally changing it beyond recognition.

i think (if healthy) peyton can handle some basic rollouts. hes not a threat to run but he can move. further, you can work some of those rollouts out of the system without totally changing it beyond recognition.

I know your a big football fan, and an intelligent one, so im really curious as to why you think Peyton - who is known as not being mobile at all (yes he can step up in the pocket and side step in the pocket) - can magically turn into a roll out QB?? the texans ran bootleg/roll out on passing plays more than any NFL team the past three years, thats a healthy number...Peyton, even BEFORE his injury, did not roll out whatsoever...I have to disagree, I dont see Peyton even doing "simple roll outs", and definately not the boot's and roll's that make up the majority of Houstons passing offense

they should, and will, stick with Schaub, who they designed this well run offense for

It would not at all be surprising if Denver was not interested. Given they do have a excellent defense and Manning would substantially upgrade their quarterback position, giving team a real shot at long playoff run and be a example to Tebow . Not so much mentor , don't see Manning as guy would exchange information with another unless it be in his self interest, but Tebow seeing first hand how Manning handles himself , could be nothing but good for this team.

The Bills would be crazy to go after Peyton Manning.

Health, age and money issues aside, that would not only paralyze but kill team morale, irritate virtually every player agent outside of Manning's agent and piss off the players union.

You don't throw your starting quarterback under the bus, especially ones you just signed last season.

You'd never see a player or free agent trust the Buffalo front office ever again. You'd see draft picks being advised to not accommodate the team.

A move like this is chemotherapy to Bills/player relationships.

You want proof? Watch where Manning lands. Outside of not wanting to steal his brother's thunder, I guarantee you Peyton will be in 1) an NFL city that does not have a quarterback represented by Manning's agent and 2) a less than stable quarterback situation with no established starter with money tied up extensively to the starter.

That means no NFC East. No San Francisco. No New York, and probably no Houston.

I think Houston is the spot. All of the major pieces are in place and Schaub can not stay healthy. And he gets to stick it in Irsay twice a year. Win/win. Once they cut Matty they save 7 mill right there.

But, how do they know Manning can stay healthy...coming off of a missed season, and 4 neck surgeries in a year and a half? The major pieces may be in place, but will losing Mario Williams hurt the defense? If I were the Texans, I would re-sign Williams, stick with Schaub, sign a more expereiced back-up QB than Yates (don't forget, they have Matt Leinart as well), and go from there.

From everything the talking heads are saying, it sounds like Mannig has every desire to get this done quickly. I just think it would be a huge gamble for the Texans, of all the teams mentioned. It could very well pay off, but it could blow up in their face as well. For a team like Miami, or Arizona, the risk seems to be much less.