Bills trading up for Tannehill?

BRAWNDO

I have one. Why do you think the report on trading up is accurate?

I didn't start this thread.

The Bills know that Fitz is an average QB and if they feel they can get a better one they will do it and Tannehill simply will be better than Fitz ever will. We haven't done anything since Jim left and until we get a better QB we continue to spin our wheels.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't start this thread.

The Bills know that Fitz is an average QB and if they feel they can get a better one they will do it and Tannehill simply will be better than Fitz ever will. We haven't done anything since Jim left and until we get a better QB we continue to spin our wheels.

Too funny. Tannehill's a 3rd-round pick at best.

BTW, Fitz was neck & neck for top QB rating in the league the first few weeks - back when our O-line and WR corps were both still intact...and before he cracked 3 ribs. Just sayin'.

The Bills made their move to obtain a HoF QB late last season when they finally went after Graham Harrell. Unfortunately it took the Bills 3 years too long to finally come out of that coma, and Green Bay wasn't about to cut him loose.

Edited by The Senator

This newsflash out of Miami. The Bills will jump in front of the Fins to grab Tannehill if he gets by Cleveland.

@LinderWQAM Reports out of Buffalo they are in on Tannehill and will trade up to get him. IF he gets by Cleveland, Bills will jump Fins.

My link

Are they in a state of panic in South Florida? I cannot see this happening.

And somewhere in Syracuse, Barbarian is genuflecting as he reads this.

My opinion, though I do respect the Barbarian's loyalties and consistency, no, not going to happen.

Dunno how good Tannehill is, but I wouldn't bring in a franchise guy until the defense is further along. Maybe throw the bank at it next year. Barkley. Jones. Shock would pervade this board if the Bills pick Tannehill at all.

Dunno how good Tannehill is, but I wouldn't bring in a franchise guy until the defense is further along. Maybe throw the bank at it next year. Barkley. Jones. Shock would pervade this board if the Bills pick Tannehill at all.

I'd trade up for Barkley without second thought. Fitz is a middle of the pack QB. Barkley will be one of the top tier of the next generation.

Buddy does not like to give up draft picks. He has said that over and over. That being said if he ever did give up picks to move up it would be for a QB.

Its possible the Bills believe that this will be the last time in a while they will be picking this high. Maybe they see this as an opportunity to get a QB. That and the lack of a quality back up.

I'd be ok with giving up our 2nd and switching positions in the first as long as we re-sign Bell or another LT. We need lots more bodies on this team. I think decent pass rushers will be available in the 3rd round. I'd still prefer to wait until 10 and see what the top player is there. Someone like Floyd, Martin, Ingram, etc.

Too funny. Tannehill's a 3rd-round pick at best.

BTW, Fitz was neck & neck for top QB rating in the league the first few weeks - back when our O-line and WR corps were both still intact...and before he cracked 3 ribs. Just sayin'.

The Bills made their move to obtain a HoF QB late last season when they finally went after Graham Harrell. Unfortunately it took the Bills 3 years too long to finally come out of that coma, and Green Bay wasn't about to cut him loose.

Aren't you getting sick of saying this every year? These excuses every year justifying why our QB only playing good for a few game stretch and sucking the rest of the year is getting so old. Whether it was JP, Trent, or Fitz...every year its like "he was good for a few games before (insert excuse here)". Other QB's dont have these issues, why is it always a Bills QB that gets every excuse in the book to justify inconsistency, losing, and a lowly rated passing game? Funny, you can look around the league the last 10 years and see QB's doing more with less...yet for some reason our QB's just always get excuses as to why after being in the league for long enough, they still cant produce a winning season nor field a competent passing game.

I mean seriously, enough with all the endless excuses to justify mediocre QB play to poor QB play for the last decade. I am tired of excuses, we need a QB who can get the job done. I hope its Fitz with the Bills being committed to him, but its time to put up or shut up (actually that was last year).

Aren't you getting sick of saying this every year? These excuses every year justifying why our QB only playing good for a few game stretch and sucking the rest of the year is getting so old. Whether it was JP, Trent, or Fitz...every year its like "he was good for a few games before (insert excuse here)". Other QB's dont have these issues, why is it always a Bills QB that gets every excuse in the book to justify inconsistency, losing, and a lowly rated passing game? Funny, you can look around the league the last 10 years and see QB's doing more with less...yet for some reason our QB's just always get excuses as to why after being in the league for long enough, they still cant produce a winning season nor field a competent passing game.

I mean seriously, enough with all the endless excuses to justify mediocre QB play to poor QB play for the last decade. I am tired of excuses, we need a QB who can get the job done. I hope its Fitz with the Bills being committed to him, but its time to put up or shut up (actually that was last year).

I'd feel more confident in saying Fitz wasn't the answer if he had better weapons around him. Our star receiver is a 7th rounder who did nothing before Fitz. All of our other guys are undrafted free agents. Our tight end was cut by 2 teams and never caught a pass before this season. most of the fans here thought we had one of the worst olines in the entire NFL before the season.

Yet despite this, Fitz had the best season of any QB since Bledsoe. Losman had Evans (1st), Roscoe (2nd), and Reed (2nd). Trent got TO added to the mix. We have arguably the lowest drafted receiving core in the entire NFL. Fitz is limited no doubt, but he isn't exactly throwing to Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald.

bottomline, no matter who the QB is, we need more playmakers at the receiver position. Michael Floyd would be a huge addition to this team.

I can't say I would be for or against this deal due to the player because I know nothing about him other then he's been talked about as the 3rd best QB in this draft.

BUT.......

I would love to see this happen if for the only reason it adds to the misery of the Dolphins Offseason this year where nothing has been working out right for them!

I'd feel more confident in saying Fitz wasn't the answer if he had better weapons around him. Our star receiver is a 7th rounder who did nothing before Fitz. All of our other guys are undrafted free agents. Our tight end was cut by 2 teams and never caught a pass before this season. most of the fans here thought we had one of the worst olines in the entire NFL before the season.

Yet despite this, Fitz had the best season of any QB since Bledsoe. Losman had Evans (1st), Roscoe (2nd), and Reed (2nd). Trent got TO added to the mix. We have arguably the lowest drafted receiving core in the entire NFL. Fitz is limited no doubt, but he isn't exactly throwing to Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald.

bottomline, no matter who the QB is, we need more playmakers at the receiver position. Michael Floyd would be a huge addition to this team.

I understand that's how you feel and respect that, but honestly, I very much disagree about the excuse that he hasn't had enough weapons around him. He has actually been substantially more fortunate than a lot of QB's in this league with the talent he has had on the offensive side of the ball his whole career. In Cincy, Fitz had Ocho and TJ when they were still premium WR's, he also had Evans and TO like Trent, then he had Evans and SJ, and our WR corp last year was better than any WR core that Brady had in any of his SB wins, better than any WR core that McNabb had in his run (with the exception of the one season with TO in his prime), better than any WR core Hasselbeck had in Sea when they were winning division titles and making a run to the SB, etc.

Not to mention, our RB core has been better than ANY of those teams I mentioned above. Fitz has, and always has had weapons every where he has been in multiple positions on the offense and yet has never had a good full season. Sure some games were impressive, but overall, its mediocre or sub par a large portion of the time. And also, dont you think the point of how the OL was considered terrible before the season is irrelevant since it was BEFORE the season and not a reflection of how they actually performed on the football field during real and meaningful games?

I also dont get this comment you made that I have seen on here before about about down playing SJ because he had not been a factor before Fitz took over. He was a young WR and emerged as a good WR...you cant take that away. SJ is a very good target, so people need to stop acting like he is great then down play that when they make excuses for Fitz as to say he is a 7th round draft choice. Do you know when your draft slot matters? When negotiating your rookie contract. After that, its just about playing football and SJ proved to be a pretty good player. Talent is not evaluated by where you were drafted once you are in the NFL, its evaluated by your play on the field, and I guarantee you SJ would not be a 7th round draft choice if they redid that draft and would be taken in the 1st half of the 1st round. So to say Fitz was limited because our #1 WR was a former 7th round pick is just irrelevant.

Hard truth is that Fitz has had enough weapons his whole career to find consistent success yet hasn't...and thats going back to St Louis where he had Bruce and Holt, to Cincy with Ocho and TJ, to Buffalo with Evans, TO, SJ, Fred, Spiller, Lynch.

And finally, the comment how it was statistically the best season a Buffalo QB has had since Bledsoe is not saying much. QB play was atrocious since Bledsoe, so being the best since Bledsoe doesn't make it good. Still losing seasons, still led the league in turnovers, still lost us games, still inconsistent. No offense, but just because it was better than what losers like JP and Trent did doesn't make it good enough.

Like I said, at what point do fans stop making excuses for our QB's and start demanding more talent at the most important position in all of team sports? Its hard to believe, but I would LOVE nothing more than to see Fitz put it all together...I really do like him, but I am just sold on him being able to lead this team back to relevance. Its time to put up or shut up (but like I said, that was last year too and here we are saying it again). The good news is that the D looks very very promising, so at least that excuse can hopefully be eliminated this year.

They need an influx of talent for the offense. Time to get Fitz a receiver that can add to the playbook (as opposed to 3 guys that are basically the same type of receiver), and a LT. The defense had last years draft, and big free agents this year. Really, at this point, another DT or DE isn't going to add as much as an up grade at WR and LT. The defensive frenzy has gotten ridiculous. They need to score points too!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Casserly is a joke IMO. He was propping up Gabbert to be a sure thing last year too.

He drafted Marrio Williams :P

Gabbert isn't done give the kid a few years, Alex Smith sucked for 5 years.

Did you used to post under the name "LSI Cadets" ?

Don't have a clue who or what that is. Why?

Have always been the Barbarian and always will be.

Have always been the Barbarian and always will be.

You'd be surprised how things change with a little maturity. Someday you may change your screen name. Who knows? Someday you may even stop obsessing over talleywhacker.

Hey Freester since your thread was locked, I thought I'd bump this for you.

Thanks for the bump and sorry about the spelling. I personally don't think Tannehill is worth # 10. I watched him play against NU in the bowl game and he didn't look that good against a mediocre defense. At 10 the OT and WR options are overvalued and the bills are looking for a young QB to groom. Hopefully he will already be gone by then.

He drafted Marrio Williams :P

Gabbert isn't done give the kid a few years, Alex Smith sucked for 5 years.

He also drafted David Carr, Jabar Gaffney, Bennie Joppru, Chester Pitts, Jason Babin (career resurgence aside), and Travis Johnson in the top 50 picks. Not to mention his complete and utter failure to build an offensive line capable of keeping Carr on his feet or a defense that wasn't Swiss cheese.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

EDIT to add: Don't forget the 2nd rounder for Tony Hollings in the Supplemental Draft, another washout.

Edited by JM57

Thanks for the bump and sorry about the spelling. I personally don't think Tannehill is worth # 10. I watched him play against NU in the bowl game and he didn't look that good against a mediocre defense. At 10 the OT and WR options are overvalued and the bills are looking for a young QB to groom. Hopefully he will already be gone by then.

I watched every game he played that was on TV that I could and there is a reason why he is flying up the draft boards; he can flat out play.

OK, I'm beginning to see a scenario where the Bills actually would trade up for Tannehill...

If Arizona's Nick Foles somehow goes before the Bills can grab him in round 6, I could see Buffalo offering both their 7th-round picks to some team for a chance to draft Tannehill in the 6th.

OK, I'm beginning to see a scenario where the Bills actually would trade up for Tannehill...

If Arizona's Nick Foles somehow goes before the Bills can grab him in round 6, I could see Buffalo offering both their 7th-round picks to some team for a chance to draft Tannehill in the 6th.

:nana:

Yep and he is better than them too.

Tannehill will go no later than #8 to Miami. I don't see us trading up ahead of miami. IMHO Tannehill is a poor man's Jake Locker. He has athleticism, but lacks experience at QB position. People see "potential huge upside" I think he is a risky pick at 10 and is overvalued.

Tannehill will go no later than #8 to Miami. I don't see us trading up ahead of miami. IMHO Tannehill is a poor man's Jake Locker. He has athleticism, but lacks experience at QB position. People see "potential huge upside" I think he is a risky pick at 10 and is overvalued.

Still say Miami will take Weeden, who's mature enough to start this season - Tannehill will likey go undrafted.

Still say Miami will take Weeden, who's mature enough to start this season - Tannehill will likey go undrafted.

Do you think a CFL team will take a chance on him?

Perhaps Olivier in France still needs a QB for his club team. I don't know if they're happy with that guy from McGill.