[closed]It will be SOSDD for Nix and Buffalo in Free agency

I keep reading these articles where Buddy gets your hopes up by saying we will be 'aggressive' But then again I go back to this in an article as well..

"Those big-money guys that hit the market at 12:01 or midnight ... if you're not careful you'll overspend on those guys and not get what you pay for," Nix subsequently said in a WGR radio interview. "We've been one to think you can pick up good players later on in free agency, and I'm talking about guys like Nick Barnett, receivers that we've picked up."

Bottom line SOSDD come Midnight free agent time. He feels he can keep bringing in mid tier talent and say 'but they fit for us' and all the while we still continue to miss the playoffs.

Bottom line SOSDD come Midnight free agent time. He feels he can keep bringing in mid tier talent and say 'but they fit for us' and all the while we still continue to miss the playoffs.

How many times do we have to go over the fact that the whole Buddy sleeping at midnight joke is played out not to mention obsolete due to free agency moving to a 4:00 PM start time.

Edited by Erik

I keep reading these articles where Buddy gets your hopes up by saying we will be 'aggressive' But then again I go back to this in an article as well..

"Those big-money guys that hit the market at 12:01 or midnight ... if you're not careful you'll overspend on those guys and not get what you pay for," Nix subsequently said in a WGR radio interview. "We've been one to think you can pick up good players later on in free agency, and I'm talking about guys like Nick Barnett, receivers that we've picked up."

You are purposely cutting off the quote.

This has been addressed, here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142631-toronto-sun-article/page__p__2393941#entry2393941

Actual quote:

“Our philosophy, or mine, or ours is that those big-money guys that hit the market at 12:01 or midnight, the way it used to be, if you’re not careful you’ll overspend on those guys and not get what you pay for. We’ve been one to think you can pick up good players later on in free agency, and I’m talking about guys like Nick Barnett, receivers that we’ve picked up. They’re out there and they’ll be out there and that’s kind of been our philosophy along with building through the draft. And when I say we're going to be aggressive I mean that this time if there is a difference maker there for us, not necessarily a position, but if there's a guy who can come in here who can immediately improve our football team, we'll get in the hunt early this time.

You are purposely cutting off the quote.

This has been addressed, here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142631-toronto-sun-article/page__p__2393941#entry2393941

Actual quote:

Thanks for adding the rest of the quote. Funny how doing that TOTALLY derails the agenda-driven point the OP is trying to make.

Buffalo is still not the most attractive place to play and the Bills may very well get skunked going after game-changing FAs even after offering more money, but at least they'll be in the hunt from the sounds of it.

GO BILLS!!!

Locking up Stevie Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Kyle Williams already means the Bills are changing their tune. We'll have no significant free agent losses this year despite ample opportunities as of a year ago. That's something Nix deserves real credit for.

I would suggest stop reading these articles then. Like silvermike just said, we are re-signing our best players and will most likely sign some FAs. I know it's difficult for many but it's the off-season and so far it's been pretty good so try to enjoy it.

Edited by nucci

Jeez. Every post by Toshiero is absolutely miserable. Someone put him on a suicide watch.

There are plenty of angry people, and even straightup trolls.... The sad part is I think he just honestly doesn't understand how he actually comes across.

I'm beginning to wonder if Toshiero is Crayonz not-so-alter ego? He just posts this crap just to annoy the masses. If so, it's working. FISH ON!!

Edited by Kevin

Locking up Stevie Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Kyle Williams already means the Bills are changing their tune. We'll have no significant free agent losses this year despite ample opportunities as of a year ago. That's something Nix deserves real credit for.

I admit it, I'm nearly shocked we got the Stevie deal done. That was huge the more I think about it. I've NEVER been one to feel that Buffalo is not an attractive landing spot for FA's, and this is a great example of that. Stevie is a hip cat who is an emerging star in the league...yet he wanted to be here. I respect him more than I did before as a result. It's very rare that someone leaves Blo and acts like they just couldn't wait to get out. Bledsoe is on tape many times saying how much he loved it here. Losman bought a house here and felt the city was his adopted home town. TKO loved it here. There are many, many more examples of players loving their time in B-lo than not. But sometimes we can't or don't pay...so to get the Stevie deal done was huge, and I really hope we bring in one or two more mid-tier FAs (and then have a killer draft.)

These effing acronyms.

Laurent Robinson, Meachem, or Garcon + Wembley, than draft an OT (perhaps Martin, the Stanford prospect :) )

I would be a very happy camper. Ahhh, the optimism of the offseason and the eve of free agency.

Edited by NickelCity

Jeez. Every post by Toshiero is absolutely miserable. Someone put him on a suicide watch.

Some people are absolutely afraid of the Bills ever becoming a decent team again because it takes away one more excuse for their own misery. Depression is difficult to deal with and if 'being negative' gets him through one more day then we should be supportive.