Kyle Williams has achilles detatched

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be a marvel of modern science, just watch.

Now if they could just do the same for Merriman.

Merriman finally addressed his achilles surgically. We'll see how he returns from it. The good news is guys have returned from achilles injuries, and it's not the death sentence it once was.

That being said, the Bills can't go into the season counting on Merriman for a pass rush.

Merriman finally addressed his achilles surgically. We'll see how he returns from it. The good news is guys have returned from achilles injuries, and it's not the death sentence it once was.

That being said, the Bills can't go into the season counting on Merriman for a pass rush.

The whole reason Merriman was reluctant to have surgery on the Achilles is entirely because it's risky and there aren't many success stories.

The whole reason Merriman was reluctant to have surgery on the Achilles is entirely because it's risky and there aren't many success stories.

I was underthe impression that the primary cause of his approach is a longer recovery than if it had been able to heal naturally which is different than greater risk of never playing.

Edited by NoSaint

To those of you presuming that Dareus and Williams are going to be a dynamic duo this season, keep in mind that the man recently had his achilles surgically removed from his foot.........then re-attached.....presumably to bone that had been sanded and buffed to a mirror finish with a very expensive version of a dremel tool. Don't be surprised if he ain't what he used to be.

So where did you read that ?? The way i took it was he had bones spurs removed from under the achilles it didn't have to be removed & reattached , they wanted to do it before the achilles blew out from the bones spurs rubbing on it from the under neath side between the heel & the achilles ..

PLEASE POST THE ARTICLE I WANT TO READ WHERE THEY HAD TO DETACH IT & REATTACH IT I NEVER HEARD THAT STORY ANY WHERE !! <_<

And in the article he stated that he has equal mobility now in both ankles.

I got to also believe there is a big difference between a tear and the procedure that was just performed.

I of course am not a doctor. But the article was written to show he is making progress. But to negative people, and no you are not a realest, you will find the bad.

Unless you are HIS doctor you have an opinion, thats all. I will choose to have a positive one till told something different!

Yup. Huge difference.

He's on track to be at full speed for camp.

To those of you presuming that Dareus and Williams are going to be a dynamic duo this season, keep in mind that the man recently had his achilles surgically removed from his foot.........then re-attached.....presumably to bone that had been sanded and buffed to a mirror finish with a very expensive version of a dremel tool. Don't be surprised if he ain't what he used to be.

This seems overly negative, even for TBD.

Sure there is a risk of "Merriman syndrome", but that seems unlikely with a guy like KW. Plus there is no indication that he ever took steroids.

Luckily KW's issue surfaced relatively early in the season last year giving him plenty of time to recover. I'm betting he will be just fine. Besides with guys like Kellen Heard and Spencer Johnson as depth, and playing alongside Dareus, they can be easy on him.

You obviously sew for a living and also mend clothes

I was underthe impression that the primary cause of his approach is a longer recovery than if it had been able to heal naturally which is different than greater risk of never playing.

You want to avoid surgery if possible, but sometimes you can't. Merriman delayed it because he was coming-up for a new contract with the Chargers and didn't to lose any leverage. Same with the Bills.

Are you his orthopedic surgeon?

PTR

I've supported the signing of Merriman, even knowing his history of injuries. It is/was a risk worth taking. But the reality is that he hasn't been the same caliber of player since his steriod discovery and suspension. Are his injuries related to getting too big for his body frame from the enhancement drugs? I can't say for sure.

One thing I'm not going to do is criticize a GM who is willing to take calculated risks in the pursuit of talent. If Merriman can regain his health to the point that he can be a situational player then that is a positive. If he continues to be plagued with injuries or just can't play any more then at least the organization tried to get better. That in itself is a positive sign.

There are reports that Kyle Williams has to re-learn how to walk which support previous reports that he needs two crutches to walk.

Just a small matter of semantics here, but the report you are referring to was a statement by Williams himself, which was a bit dramatic. He said he had to "re-lean how to walk so that he didn't put all of his weight on the outside of his foot, which he did in order to avoid the pain the spur was causing when he walked".

So it's not nearly the issue that it could sound like.

I'm surprised the phrase "boo boo foot" hasn't made an appearance in this topic.

Yet.

Indeed...give it time.