Kyle Williams has achilles detatched

To those of you presuming that Dareus and Williams are going to be a dynamic duo this season, keep in mind that the man recently had his achilles surgically removed from his foot.........then re-attached.....presumably to bone that had been sanded and buffed to a mirror finish with a very expensive version of a dremel tool. Don't be surprised if he ain't what he used to be.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And in the article he stated that he has equal mobility now in both ankles.

I got to also believe there is a big difference between a tear and the procedure that was just performed.

I of course am not a doctor. But the article was written to show he is making progress. But to negative people, and no you are not a realest, you will find the bad.

Unless you are HIS doctor you have an opinion, thats all. I will choose to have a positive one till told something different!

I got to also believe there is a big difference between a tear and the procedure that was just performed.

I of course am not a doctor. But the article was written to show he is making progress. But to negative people, and no you are not a realest, you will find the bad.

Unless you are HIS doctor you have an opinion, thats all. I will choose to have a positive one till told something different!

I'm positive. I'm positive that it qualifies as an achilles injury now. I mean, you don't miss most of the season to get a bone spur cleaned up unless it is a seriously invasive procedure. His fraying achilles had to be trimmed like fat from a steak then pinned back on later. Sans fray? I'm just saying, he ain't in mint condition no more.

I'm also optimistic that Kellen Heard is going to keep getting better and be a serviceable starter.

I had the same surgery in 1989 and was back running after 9 months. They also rebuilt the rest of my ankle, but bone spur surgery is very common and it heals just fine.

c'mon guys. all reports say good to go and he told us last year it was a nagging injury that he was trying to protect to keep playing. he said that again of sorts recently with his statement of relearning to walk normal after making a conscious adjustment to protect against that rubbing against tendon from the spur.

He said OTA's right? Wodd is a little slow in recovery it seems. not a good sign.

Every body out of the pool! well at least Kyle.

They couldve cut his foot into a million different pieces and put it back together with duct tape for all i care. As long as he keeps making progress which from all reports he is doing so. I see no reason to doubt he'll come back strong.

There are reports that Kyle Williams has to re-learn how to walk which support previous reports that he needs two crutches to walk.

These the same reports that said the surgery was done with an expensive Dremel?