Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

Ok, just want to say "I was wrong Stevie." I did not think you would end up signing here, because given your attempts to gain attention, I figured you would go to a bigger market. Good on you!

I think both sides deserve a pat on the back.

Nix made a very fair offer to all concerned instead of jerking Johnson around.

Johnson realized it was fair and took it before FA started instead of being a dick and dragging it out.

Both sides were smart enough to get it done.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited and grateful for the efforts put forth by both sides to come to a reasonable contract. I feel the chemistry between and Fitz and Stevie is a big part of the offense. If we can get a FA threat opposite from Stevie, imagine the opportunities that opens for the Pass attack. Hell, something actually worked out for this team. Looking forward to next year already!

PS I love the personality this Bills Team has. Alot of character between Fitz and his beard and the haircut. Stevie, Barnett, Hairston, McIntyre, etc. Really happy to be a Bills fan despite our playoff drought. What a good day for Buffalo.

who picked up on it?

I don't think he would have had the choice in 2012.

Given the timing of the deal. It looks like Nix was waiving the franchise tag around. Hence the front loaded contract as opposed to a backloaded contract. A Backloaded contract is generally more common and gives the FO a chance to cut dead weight if a player's skills diminish with time. A Front loaded contract means the contract might comprehend the price of the 1 year Franchise contract.

Good job by Nix and Johnson on coming to a deal without dropping the Franchise tag hammer.

If they had to use the franchise tag it makes Buffalo look like, the only way a player will sign with them if they are forced to sign.

Oh no, a member of the media has picked up on this.

My stomach turned when I saw that, because you can just see how that is going to be taken the wrong way. I think it might be a poorly trimmed 13 or #13.

Fantastic!

I started to believe that Johnson would be re-signed after last weekend's talks at the combine, now that it is official, I am absolutely thrilled.

The Bills needed to make this move, and to their credit they got it done. Way to go Ralph & Buddy! :thumbsup:

Now it's time to prepare for free agency.

GO BILLS!!!!!

i think you pair him with a guy that has a solid rep now in colston or garcon - either a good fit for this type of offense, experience with smart offensive systems, and both seemingly very adult in how they handle their work.

Forget getting another high-priced WR in FA. If it happens, great, but I doubt it.

7 X 5 = 35

36.25 > 35

The numbers I heard were $34.25M and $18M guaranteed. Now I see it's $36.25 and $19.5M guaranteed. Oh well, still a good deal.

Stevie came in asking for 7 per....and he end up with 8 per over the first 3 years ..... then under 6 in the last 2 .... I'm proud to be a Bills fan smart smart move....

The best part is he'll turn 26 years old at the end of July.

Color me surprised. They warmed this old cynic's heart. :)

Glad I was wrong!

Now let's hope we can get a decent guy to run routes opposite of him. A big athletic guy, doesn't need to be a big name though.

+1

With the stupid penalties he took, the fines he got, and the agent he has, I was sure he was going to be like college girl at spring break in free agency.

Ok, just want to say "I was wrong Stevie." I did not think you would end up signing here, because given your attempts to gain attention, I figured you would go to a bigger market. Good on you!

His press conf. was one of the most heartfelt I've ever heard from a Bills player. Very, very glad that he is staying in Buffalo.