Irsay Hearsay

ieatcrayonz

As you know I live under a bridge which is usually a very good place to keep a low profile. In this case however it is one of those times where word gets around a small community quickly.

I know someone who knows two of Irsay's daughters very well. My contact is reliable but I do not know Irsay's daughters. What I do know is that they like being around Hollywood types so I tend to believe the stories I'm hearing.

Polian did not get dumped only because of the Manning thing alone. He got dumped for refusing to investigate all angles. Irsay wanted to pick up Manning's bonus as a show of thanks and good will. He wanted to then immediately trade Manning for a journeyman who could hold down the fort until Luck got good enough. Forever is a long time if you ask me, but I regress. There are 6 or 7 QBs who fit this scenario and you already guessed who one of them might be.

Anyway, Irsay was quizzing Polian about the status and sensed Polian was lying to him. Although he was indeed trying to move Manning, he just faked it about actually speaking to the Bills about Fitz. Evidently he had all the details about Grossman, Orton, McCoy, Jackson, Moore, and Campbell/Palmer but was real thin about Fitz. As he drilled him it became clear that Polian's disdain for Wilson was still a major issue. Polian is also no fan of Nix but doesn't really hate him.

Anyway the source says Irsay stormed from the meeting and was heard to say "We won't get fooled again....that's enough". When his daughter tried to calm him down Irsay said that Polian had made a trade for McCargo despite knowing about McCargo having a back back and also sucking. Polian did this to make sure Irsay would never deal with the Bills again but the whole thing backfired when Irsay found out.

Fast forward to now and Irsay had had enough. He feels bad about the whole Manning thing but has to do what he has to do. Evidently he told one of his daughters "No one knows what its like to be the bad man, to be the sad man....". He is really depressed about the whole thing. He isn't 100% sure about the Manning/Fitz trade but wants to investigate it. He sees it as one of the top three scenarios.

The fact that Polian got fired seems to back up all of these rumors/accounts of the behind the scenes goings on.

Wow it would be cool to see Manning in Buffalo.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? It makes sense for Buffalo to offload a 7-year $60 million contract for a *Huge* risk - Manning's 5-year $100 million contract? :)

I know you prefaced it as hearsay, just sayin..

Tim-

As I mentioned Irsay would pick up the big bonus which is due soon.

Other than that I am just speculating that:

Buffalo feels they are closer than they let on and Manning could put them over the top.

Indy feels Fitz would be good for the community and help Luck; although IMO Luck could have Unitas helping him and he will still be a huge bust.

Manning might be open to it as a way to maintain his rivalry with Brady and also have a fun loving rivalry with Eli. "The REAL New york team...." etc.

Look, this is a long way from certain but my source does know two of the girls and you have to admit that the accounts all seem to make sense given the limited amount I know about the personalities. I doubt Manning himself knows and Archie may be a stumbling block but this could happen. If you think about the abrupt firing of Polian this makes a lot of sense. A lot of bosses put up with a lot of crap but lying/deceit is rarely tolerated.

As I mentioned Irsay would pick up the big bonus which is due soon.

Other than that I am just speculating that:

Buffalo feels they are closer than they let on and Manning could put them over the top.

Indy feels Fitz would be good for the community and help Luck; although IMO Luck could have Unitas helping him and he will still be a huge bust.

Manning might be open to it as a way to maintain his rivalry with Brady and also have a fun loving rivalry with Eli. "The REAL New york team...." etc.

Look, this is a long way from certain but my source does know two of the girls and you have to admit that the accounts all seem to make sense given the limited amount I know about the personalities. I doubt Manning himself knows and Archie may be a stumbling block but this could happen. If you think about the abrupt firing of Polian this makes a lot of sense. A lot of bosses put up with a lot of crap but lying/deceit is rarely tolerated.

So if my math is correct, that puts Manning to the Bills for 4-years left on his contract and the 4 year already paid by Irssay, and that leaves $60 million left on Manning contract the Bills would pick up in a straight up trade to Indy? Still not buying it, but if Manning is 80 - 90 100% come September I would seriously consider this trade?

Not likely, hell not even remotely likely but hey ya never know I suppose?

Tim-

So for clarification, a straight up trade? Fitz for Manning? No draft picks?

All I hear is that they were looking into several options with several teams. I don't think it got that far really but yes a straight trade once Manning's bonus had been paid by Indy.

As you know I live in Indiana which is usually a very good place to keep a low profile. In this case however it is one of those times where word gets around a small community quickly.

I know someone who knows two of Irsay's daughters very well. My contact is reliable but I do not know Irsay's daughters. What I do know is that they like being around Hollywood types so I tend to believe the stories I'm hearing.

Polian did not get dumped only because of the Manning thing alone. He got dumped for refusing to investigate all angles. Irsay wanted to pick up Manning's bonus as a show of thanks and good will. He wanted to then immediately trade Manning for a journeyman who could hold down the fort until Luck got good enough. Forever is a long time if you ask me, but I regress. There are 6 or 7 QBs who fit this scenario and you already guessed who one of them might be.

Anyway, Irsay was quizzing Polian about the status and sensed Polian was lying to him. Although he was indeed trying to move Manning, he just faked it about actually speaking to the Bills about Fitz. Evidently he had all the details about Grossman, Orton, McCoy, Jackson, Moore, and Campbell/Palmer but was real thin about Fitz. As he drilled him it became clear that Polian's disdain for Wilson was still a major issue. Polian is also no fan of Nix but doesn't really hate him.

Anyway the source says Irsay stormed from the meeting and was heard to say "We won't get fooled again....that's enough". When his daughter tried to calm him down Irsay said that Polian had made a trade for McCargo despite knowing about McCargo having a back back and also sucking. Polian did this to make sure Irsay would never deal with the Bills again but the whole thing backfired when Irsay found out.

Fast forward to now and Irsay had had enough. He feels bad about the whole Manning thing but has to do what he has to do. Evidently he told one of his daughters "No one knows what its like to be the bad man, to be the sad man....". He is really depressed about the whole thing. He isn't 100% sure about the Manning/Fitz trade but wants to investigate it. He sees it as one of the top three scenarios.

The fact that Polian got fired seems to back up all of these rumors/accounts of the behind the scenes goings on.

Sure, Polian purposely traded for a crappy and injured McCargo just so Irsay would get mad at Ralph Wilson and then agree to NEVER trade Manning to Buffalo. Makes sense.

Stay tuned tomorrow for "As The World Turns" with special guests, Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry.

Oh and btw, there is a BIG stipulation with Mannings contract that you left out and that he has a no trade clause.

In this scenerio if he would get traded Manning dictates where he wants to go NOT Polian or Irsay. Buffalo wouldn't be one of the teams he would want to play football for in hopes of another title before he retires.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Sure, Polian purposely traded for a crappy and injured McCargo just so Irsay would get mad at Ralph Wilson and then agree to NEVER trade Manning to Buffalo. Makes sense.

Stay tuned tomorrow for "As The World Turns" with special guests, Pete Townsend and Roger Daltry.

That is not what I said and I'm not sure how you got that. The McCargo thing was to sour Irsay on the Bills in general. there is no way anyone would have been able to see the Manning thing coming. Polian was trying to refrain from dealing with the Bills in ANY scenario,not just this specific one.

Oh and btw, there is a BIG stipulation with Mannings contract that you left out and that he has a no trade clause.

In this scenerio if he would get traded Manning dictates where he wants to go NOT Polian or Irsay. Buffalo wouldn't be one of the teams he would want to play football for in hopes of another title before he retires.

Look, I don't know all the details and you could be right. All I know is what the Irsay girls said. It is probably just the front office trying to create options knowing full well that Manning has a say. With that as a given though The Bills do have a lot of pieces in place and Manning himself could probably attract one or two free agents like Mario Williams. He would have 2 games a year versus Brady and could rib his brother about playing in New Jersey. I don't know that any other team provides that opportunity.

The decision of a Manning trade revolves around Manning himself. For there to be any discussion of a possible trade he would have to be willing to go to that team first. Polian wouldn't have to deal with Buffalo for manning because I'm sure he wouldn't waive his no trade clause to come here.

The decision of a Manning trade revolves around Manning himself. For there to be any discussion of a possible trade he would have to be willing to go to that team first. Polian wouldn't have to deal with Buffalo for manning because I'm sure he wouldn't waive his no trade clause to come here.

Well, I think the logical answer is, in an effort to stick it to the polians he might really want to win in buffalo now.

So if my math is correct, that puts Manning to the Bills for 4-years left on his contract and the 4 year already paid by Irssay, and that leaves $60 million left on Manning contract the Bills would pick up in a straight up trade to Indy? Still not buying it, but if Manning is 80 - 90 100% come September I would seriously consider this trade?

Not likely, hell not even remotely likely but hey ya never know I suppose?

Tim-

Peyton's contract:

[x]7/30/2011: Signed five-year, $90 million contract. The deal contains $54.4 million guaranteed, including a $20 million signing bonus. 2011: $3.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2012: $7.4 million (+ $28 million option bonus due 3/8), 2013: $8.4 million, 2014: $9.4 million, 2015: $10.4 million, 2016: Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

He'll have been paid the $54.4M guaranteed through the option bonus that's due 3/8/12. So there will be 4 years $35.6M, all non-guaranteed, remaining on the contract.

Not that this is at all likely.

As you know I live in Indiana which is usually a very good place to keep a low profile. In this case however it is one of those times where word gets around a small community quickly.

Best. Post. Ever. Can the mods make a "Hall Of Fame" sticky?

Edited by gobillsinytown

Polian didn't have a deal with anyone for Manning. He was just investigating deals, but not enough of them. Then he got his walking papers. Irsay may or may not be working on a deal.

All I know is what the Irsay girls said.

Do you know if the Irsay girls know Pegula's daughters? Maybe Indy doesn't want to deal with Ralph, but this must mean that Pegula is buying the Bills very soon and I'm sure that they would deal with Pegula especially if the daughters are friends. Pegula as owner and Manning at QB. We really need to make this happen,

Maybe you can pass on the Pegula daughter's twitter account to the Irsay daughters. It would be awesome if this scenario played out. Let me know what you hear from them as I might want to go to Vegas and put money on the Bills to win next years Super Bowl while the odds are still long.

His daughters are not Hollywood types.

I heard this about the Irsay girls:

She goes, squeeze me, come on and squeeze me

Mama's got a squeeze box

Daddy never sleeps at night

She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out :rolleyes:

Irsay's Wikipedia

Irsay is known for quoting rock lyrics and for his love of "The Who". Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Championship!

Holy crap. I didn't know the quotes were from The Who because I don't listen to garbage like that but the one about bad man/sad man sounded weird and familiar. Then everyone on here starts making The Who jokes and it clicks. I knew my source was good but this only reinforces that it came from Irsay's daughters.

Anyway, it is still only investigation by the Colts into possible trades. I might make a few calls later to see if there is anything new as Polian got fired a while back. Maybe the new guy or Irsay has made progress since then.

Edited by ieatcrayonz