Routt CB

syrcuse315

yeah 9 tds given up and 17 penalties....why are we even having this conversation? The system is what caused 17 penalties??? No thanks.

But But he is from another team. I want him ,he`s better than what we have .Ralph is cheap. He`s up and coming. Get real NO Pass RUSH hurts the dbs in Buffalo. Got IT Get IT.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drop mcgee McKelvin corner, keep florence at nickel;

You guys are talking about signing 1 and dropping 3?!? Talk about 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

IF we were to sign Routt, then we better go into camp with at least Florence, Williams, McKelvin, Corner, Rogers, and Routt (+1 or 2 more that we pick up as camp fodder). Not sure McGee will/can come back. But you're best off going into camp with all 6+ and let them fight for their spots.

Ah wiser heads prevail DR. I am the coach who gets out on the field and says hey where is everyone? and someone says you umm.. let them walk! :oops:

I expect all of them to compete.I just dont expect to keep everyone from last seasons roster. Thanks for the point!

I don't think there's much upside to dropping McKelvin.

We definitely need to keep McKelvin. It's important to have a guy who gets beat play after play after play, but when the Bills are down 35 with three minutes left in the game and he makes a tackle, he jumps up, crosses those arms and poses like he just saved the game.

That's my man, McKelvin. Gotta keep him.

Sorry, but this is exactly how Brandon wants you to feel. Excited because we are being "aggressive".

Too bad we've read this book before. We are being just as aggressive as we were when we played hard to get Clabo,

Unfortunately there are huge gap between being "aggressive" and actually signing players.

Dude shut up with this B.S. It's already proven that Nix is aggressive and is willing to bring in the talent. Get the past regimes out of your head. Same goes for all you other CHICKEN LITTLES!

Some of you guys are super annoying with the negativity.

I don't think there's much upside to dropping McKelvin. It wouldn't free up significant cap space and he's still better than whoever the last string CB would be.

well if it's no finacial advantage this season lets keep him and hope he develops his coverage skills. Last year it would freak me out when i would see him lined up in man. But on the upside when Chan sat him down then put him back in for returns he was very exciting to watch. So you guys are right. keep him one more season. Thanks for the help!

Edited by 3rdand12

Given the poor play of a couple of the DBs this last year, I'd be more than willing to bring Routt in and see if a deal can get done...I would much rather have Routt than McGee at this point....when McGee was younger and didn't have the littany of injuries on his resume, he was fantastic, but now time and age have taken their toll...McGee has been a good guy, don't have any animosity toward him, but it's time to move on

Buddy asleep at the wheel again. I bet the titans called first. Typical Buffalo I'm so done with this team, Ralph is cheap, I think Brady just sneezed, Fitz isn't the answer and Stevie is more of a number 2

Did I miss any?

So what if the Titans called first. So you're done with this team, just not done bitching on this site about us? Are you really done with this team?

Here ya go: :beer:

We definitely need to keep McKelvin. It's important to have a guy who gets beat play after play after play, but when the Bills are down 35 with three minutes left in the game and he makes a tackle, he jumps up, crosses those arms and poses like he just saved the game.

You're absolutely right!! :thumbsup::worthy:

I'd rather the Bills go out and get proven talent for the secondary, instead of using high draft picks on the backfield. The pass rush sucks and it has sucked for years now. The Bills need DE's & OLB's that can rush the passer, can set the edge so the RB can't blow by everyone, and are good in run support.

as per Bills website:

CB Routt visiting 1 Bills Drive:

Posted by Chris Brown on February 13, 2012 – 2:05 pm

As scheduled free agent cornerback Stanford Routt is visiting One Bills Drive this afternoon.

Routt arrived after meeting with team physicians for a physical earlier in the day Monday. He’s now meeting with members of the coaching staff. We’ll have much more on the home page at Buffalobills.com. Routt was released by the Raiders last week.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/02/13/cb-routt-visiting-1-bills-dr/

The Skins dumped 1st round pick Carlos Rogers because he was a disappointment his first couple of years. He made the pro bowl this year for the 49ers.

Unless, you have an extreme reason, you don't dumped talented 1st rounders. McKelvin doesn't have an attitude problem (he busted his @ss covering punts after he lost his starting job) and definitely his talent. He lacks ball skills but the guy is capable of making big plays. The Bills, IMO, would be idiots to dump the guy without giving him one more shot to prove himself.

1329163052[/url]' post='2382555']

The Skins dumped 1st round pick Carlos Rogers because he was a disappointment his first couple of years. He made the pro bowl this year for the 49ers.

Unless, you have an extreme reason, you don't dumped talented 1st rounders. McKelvin doesn't have an attitude problem (he busted his @ss covering punts after he lost his starting job) and definitely his talent. He lacks ball skills but the guy is capable of making big plays. The Bills, IMO, would be idiots to dump the guy without giving him one more shot to prove himself.

This. Cutting him would be a mistake.

I have no problem with your thinking at all, and gladly admit that the secondary benefits from a stronger pass rush. Let's get some pass rushers and see how the secondary reacts. And it may even be true that he doesn't have an attitude problem.

But I'm sorry...up to this moment, I get tired of watching him suck for 55 minutes, make a play in minute 56 and spend minute 57 posing. I just freaking hate it. I hate it the same way I hate watching Stevie Johnson do something stupid that he KNOWS is going to draw a flag, put him on the bench, AND simultaneously give the Patriots an extra 15 yards, as if being up by 21in Foxboro means the Pats* are going to fold.

Teams win. Teams lose. If you can't see your role as part of the team instead of your role as the center of some obscure universe, then I don't care for you very much as a player. That thinking isn't right or wrong; it's just my thinking.

I have no problem with your thinking at all, and gladly admit that the secondary benefits from a stronger pass rush. Let's get some pass rushers and see how the secondary reacts. And it may even be true that he doesn't have an attitude problem.

But I'm sorry...up to this moment, I get tired of watching him suck for 55 minutes, make a play in minute 56 and spend minute 57 posing. I just freaking hate it. I hate it the same way I hate watching Stevie Johnson do something stupid that he KNOWS is going to draw a flag, put him on the bench, AND simultaneously give the Patriots an extra 15 yards, as if being up by 21in Foxboro means the Pats* are going to fold.

Teams win. Teams lose. If you can't see your role as part of the team instead of your role as the center of some obscure universe, then I don't care for you very much as a player. That thinking isn't right or wrong; it's just my thinking.

95% of NFL players celebrate after making a play, regardless of game situation. Mckelvin is no different. The guy has all the physical talent in the world, but very limited ball skills. Cutting him would be the height of stupidity, seeing how we have no one to replace him with. No one is saying make him the #1 CB. But he's a valuable rotation guy, and does excellent work in the slot. We dont need to create more holes, especially on defense.

Stevie had no idea he was going to get flagged for the t-shirt against the pats*. Even Gailey admitted he didn't know why Stevie was flagged for the shirt.

Edited by Ramius