Routt CB

syrcuse315

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95% of NFL players celebrate after making a play, regardless of game situation. Mckelvin is no different. The guy has all the physical talent in the world, but very limited ball skills. Cutting him would be the height of stupidity, seeing how we have no one to replace him with. No one is saying make him the #1 CB. But he's a valuable rotation guy, and does excellent work in the slot. We dont need to create more holes, especially on defense.

Like I said; I'm not saying my thinking is right or wrong, it's just my thinking. I think it's stupid. The simply fact that 95% of the players do it doesn't make it any less stupid to me.

And I'm genuinely not advocating just dumping McKelvin because I think he's stupid. I'm just saying if we did dump him, I wouldn't care much.

Edited by LABillzFan

There would be room for Routt should they sign him without any deep cuts to the secondary corps. I don't see the Bills hanging on to McGee for another year. He isn't seeing the field enough to justify that valuable roster spot.

I wouldn't go cutting any of the secondary outside of McGee until you see what it looks like in camp with the new defense.

Buddy asleep at the wheel again. I bet the titans called first. Typical Buffalo I'm so done with this team, Ralph is cheap, I think Brady just sneezed, Fitz isn't the answer and Stevie is more of a number 2

Did I miss any?

Probably not but since its' been awhile since the last appearance by our team , there is pretty good reason to complain. But you apologists keep on mocking those who criticize this bumbling franchise.

95% of NFL players celebrate after making a play, regardless of game situation. Mckelvin is no different. The guy has all the physical talent in the world, but very limited ball skills. Cutting him would be the height of stupidity, seeing how we have no one to replace him with. No one is saying make him the #1 CB. But he's a valuable rotation guy, and does excellent work in the slot. We dont need to create more holes, especially on defense.

Stevie had no idea he was going to get flagged for the t-shirt against the pats*. Even Gailey admitted he didn't know why Stevie was flagged for the shirt.

You don't get it. He IS one of the holes on defense. :wallbash:

Buddy asleep at the wheel again. I bet the titans called first. Typical Buffalo I'm so done with this team, Ralph is cheap, I think Brady just sneezed, Fitz isn't the answer and Stevie is more of a number 2

Did I miss any?

Just be done with the team already!!!

i thought it was funny Chan asked him about the ryan to stevie pick he had! That Gailey is a smart fellow sometimes

edit i have watched the interview more than once now. He has the right stuf and I am going to sign him. Can you guys let buddy know we are making room for Mr. Routt

Edited by 3rdand12

I think most of us can agree that Mcgee is going to be gone, he hasn't played like he used to for a while and he gets hurt way too often. I also think we can agree that Flo has been lagging, and Mckelvin is way too inconsistent. So the CB position is a critical need this offseason. Nix did very well this last draft with the pick up of, who I think is going to prove to be a stud next season in A. Williams, and a possible steal slot guy/KR in Justin Rogers, but I think we really need to bring an experienced CB through free agency.

CB's much like WR and RB are the most susceptible to busting when they come out of the draft. We got really lucky with 2 good pick ups last year, let's not try our luck.

Now knowing Nix, he loves to pick up CB, which I can't blame him, in a passing favored league thats a position you want really good depth in. So I can really see him going all out and trying to get the best CB in free agency.

Mark my words, Nix will have a great free agency signing in the CB position, but I don't think is going to be Routt.

From KFFL.com today:

Bills | Remain in talks with Stanford Routt

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:56:59 -0800

The Buffalo Bills remain in talks with free-agent CB Stanford Routt (Raiders) despite Routt being engaged in

talks with the Kansas City Chiefs for a second consecutive day Wednesday, Feb. 15.

Thanks for the update! Interesting news indeed. He might have made a good impression on FO. I enjoyed his interview and intelligient speak.

Florence should stay. He let frustration get the better of him some games. We cant let him walk away till we have proven better players to replace him. And he is not FA anyway of course.

The nice thing about CBs is that you can get quite a few on the field at one time. so we get to see what they all can do at some point in the game or season as compared to QB.

I dont see any reason not to draft a couple in the later rounds then see what we really have in camp. But we do need

One significantly better than what we fielded last year in the number one and two spot no matter how it comes to be. I am in agreement with some opinions that a pass rusher or two added will improve the secondary by leaps and bounds. Our safety position is very good and has very good depth in my opinion. add a corner or two and we might have something ;)

Florence will stay. Guy is under contract, is pretty good, and stays healthy. Only knock on him is bone head penalties.

He is not pretty good. He is lousy. He commits penalties because he does not have any speed left to cover receivers down the field. (Watch Bills v. Giants) He is not an NFL starting cornerback at this stage of his career. I would be happy signing Finnegan and Rout, and than let Rogers, Williams, McKelvin, Mcgee and Florence fight it out for the 3rd, 4th and 5th corner spots. Competition at every position is what this team needs.

And for those of you who say we can't sign two corners in Free Agency. We can carry over $21 million in cap money from last year to this. (see Buffalo Rumblings article) So we have room to sign both Finnegan and Rout AND still sign a DE, OLB and a top notch WR. (Hey a guy can dream can't he?)

Stanford Routt will be picking his next team soon

The news that Routt will soon pick a team comes amid chatter that he’s having trouble generating real interest in his services.

Apparently, at least one team has legitimate interest; if not, there would be no selection for Routt to make.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/19/stanford-routt-will-be-picking-his-next-team-soon/

can only mean the Bills...

Stanford Routt will be picking his next team soon

The news that Routt will soon pick a team comes amid chatter that he’s having trouble generating real interest in his services.

Apparently, at least one team has legitimate interest; if not, there would be no selection for Routt to make.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/19/stanford-routt-will-be-picking-his-next-team-soon/

can only mean the Bills...

If he does, I am sure it will be because nobody wanted him and as usual the Bills overpay for players who no one else wants to sign.

1329351133[/url]' post='2383852']

He is not pretty good. He is lousy. He commits penalties because he does not have any speed left to cover receivers down the field. (Watch Bills v. Giants) He is not an NFL starting cornerback at this stage of his career. I would be happy signing Finnegan and Rout, and than let Rogers, Williams, McKelvin, Mcgee and Florence fight it out for the 3rd, 4th and 5th corner spots. Competition at every position is what this team needs.

And for those of you who say we can't sign two corners in Free Agency. We can carry over $21 million in cap money from last year to this. (see Buffalo Rumblings article) So we have room to sign both Finnegan and Rout AND still sign a DE, OLB and a top notch WR. (Hey a guy can dream can't he?)

So you want the Bills to sign Finnegan AND Routt? Not sure what you're smoking. That's just crazy talk. Finnegan has stated he wants 10 mill a year. Whether or not he gets it is anyone's guess. Routt will probably want 4-7 mill per, hard to say considering his last contract paid him around 10 per. That's 14-17 mill a year on The CB position before spending any money on WRs, DE and LB. Thats probably the worst thing this FO could do IMO. Add a couple good pass rushers and our secondary will be better instantly. Spending 15mill+ on CBs is crazy IMO. Yes, you can dream, but it would turn into a nightmare.

Edited by NewEra

Yeah, why was he cut in the first place and why the relative lack of interest in him?

He was cut because of his cap hit and most teams are staying away from him because of the money he made before, and he really isn't that great to begin with. If sign him for a low amount, it will be worth it because it will save us a draft pick