Stevie has a feeling.....

bbb

Stevie isn't going anywhere. More than likely he will be franchised and then something will be worked out long term.

Personally, I do not think he will be franchised. That is the average of the top 5 receiver salaries or 120% of his previous year's salary (whichever is greater). Do you think he is worth that much time at this point in his career? Methinks not.

Larry Fitzgerald $20,000,000

Calvin Johnson $8,875,000

Miles Austin $8,540,000

Steve Smith $7,000,000

Brandon Marshall $6,500,000

Average $10,183,000

Steve Johnson $1,200,000

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like him to come back. I don't care what Ralph pays him so long as SJ signs the contract. He's a cog in the machine that should be retained.

When he beat Revis like he did, he made a believer out of me. I hope the Bills get him some help at WR2.

Edited by dpberr

I have no problem paying him some coin, just not as much as a Fitzgerald.

People forget that Jerry Rice wasn't exactly a speed burner, either. Stevie is listed at what, 6-2? Size is not the issue. Yes, he has dropped some key passes, and the maturity issue seems to be over, so let's pay him, say, about the same as we just paid Fitzpatrick.

Fitzgerald makes 14 million per season. Andre Johnson makes 12 per season. Stevie was reportedly asking for 9 mil. Seems reasonable to me.

Those numbers are slightly deceiving in that no receiver has had more balls thrown his way than Roddy White. A percentage dropped stat would be better.

That would be apt in this case. I'm sure someone keeps records of targets where a catch is possible and the ball is dropped. Roddy White's total surprised me a little given his reputation for big plays.

Stats on drops is too subjective. What constitutes a drop is in the eye of the stat taker. On the other hand, when a guy drops the game winner that hits him in the hands in full stride in 2 games, it may not show up on someone's stat sheet, but it is HUGE.

I'm not sure we need losers like this on our team. We're trying to end the culture of figuring out new ways to lose games.

Stevie is perhaps the best and most consistent player on our offense (outside of Jackson). The Bills are well under what will be the league minimum for total player salaries in 2012. Nix and company have stated they want to build through the draft and develop their players in house. If they don't re-sign Stevie, regardless of the price tag, then there truly is no hope for this franchise. Period.Pay the man. He is far more valable to the Bills than any draft pick/FA.

Anyone that thinks Stevie isn't worth top dollar is out of their mind. He's dropped a few he should've had but where would we be if he caught them?!?! Not in the playoffs. If we lose Stevie we are left with what?!?!?! Plus the most important thing that people overlook is that the guy actually takes pride in being on the Bills and he loves being on this team. Can't say that for a lot of good players that we lost because they didn't want to be here!!!!! He may not be a top 5 wideout but he deserves to be paid along with other #1's.

Anyone that thinks Stevie isn't worth top dollar is out of their mind. He's dropped a few he should've had but where would we be if he caught them?!?! Not in the playoffs. If we lose Stevie we are left with what?!?!?! Plus the most important thing that people overlook is that the guy actually takes pride in being on the Bills and he loves being on this team. Can't say that for a lot of good players that we lost because they didn't want to be here!!!!! He may not be a top 5 wideout but he deserves to be paid along with other #1's.

Amen to this.

SJ is a stud, is likeable, and wants to be here.

This should be a no-brainer for the Bills' FO.

He's the Tony Romo of WRs. That's my only issue with this. When will he drop the next big one? In a game we need next year to get in the playoffs?

Considering they gave the Josh Reed of QBs a 60 million dollar deal, the Tony Romo of WRs should be paid handsomely.

Stevie is perhaps the best and most consistent player on our offense (outside of Jackson). The Bills are well under what will be the league minimum for total player salaries in 2012. Nix and company have stated they want to build through the draft and develop their players in house. If they don't re-sign Stevie, regardless of the price tag, then there truly is no hope for this franchise. Period.Pay the man. He is far more valable to the Bills than any draft pick/FA.

Perfectly stated. This is a no-brainer. Sign him. There's no reason not to, there's just excuses. End of story.

I like the guy. he just is not clutch, at all! That is maddening, especially on a talent deprived team. We need clutch guys, we will re sign him.

But since he is having "feelings" maybe when the 2012 schedule comes out, he can circle in advance the yearly game he loses all by himself for us.

He needs to spend the off season working on his game, so that he can be our clutch guy.

"We're Talkin'proud Buffalo" Part II the 2012 Buffalo Bills!!

That does bring back a few memories...

Ralph is not the GM. He is the owner.

I know that. I've been following the Bills since my childhood days on Grand Island. And since he is the owner, the GM does need to listen, or get fired.

Fitzgerald makes 14 million per season. Andre Johnson makes 12 per season. Stevie was reportedly asking for 9 mil. Seems reasonable to me.

I can live with that.

Stats on drops is too subjective. What constitutes a drop is in the eye of the stat taker. On the other hand, when a guy drops the game winner that hits him in the hands in full stride in 2 games, it may not show up on someone's stat sheet, but it is HUGE.

I'm not sure we need losers like this on our team. We're trying to end the culture of figuring out new ways to lose games.

IMO your dead wrong here.....Replace Stevie with anyone else, Bills win 2 games next year. He gets open none of our other guys do....Drop your Stevie agenda and realize he is making plays....Pitt game drop = 1 big drop......Where was the 2nd? When Fitz missed him by a million yards those 30 other times? Come on bud.....quit hating on the one guy who cares and plays hard.....IMO dead wrong...

......not that "Buffalo's going to the Super Bowl." (1980 Bills fans will know what I'm talking about). But, that he'll be here next year.

Hope he's right!

Only a horrible GM would give him anywhere near what he thinks he is worth. he had one good season that was plagued with stupidity then this year really took the cake in those regards.

But hey, we do have a bad GM so I see him coming back

IMO your dead wrong here.....Replace Stevie with anyone else, Bills win 2 games next year. He gets open none of our other guys do....Drop your Stevie agenda and realize he is making plays....Pitt game drop = 1 big drop......Where was the 2nd? When Fitz missed him by a million yards those 30 other times? Come on bud.....quit hating on the one guy who cares and plays hard.....IMO dead wrong...

That bold part is one of the dumber statements I have read here. There is no way in hell Stevie is any where near that good. Stop the agenda? How about you stop the love fest and understand he is nothing more than an unreliable #2 at best.