Stevie has a feeling.....

bbb

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans are cheap

I'm just not convinced he's a #1 on most other rosters, and, as a result, he'll get closer to #1 money in Buffalo.

Fitz' contract was definitely not overpaying. It was middle of the road starter money, which is what he is or at least was until he fell off the cliff.

And, after that contract, he did not play to that level.

So is Ralph cheap or does he overpay? Can't have both narratives going at one. <_<

Actually, he's both. It seems that he let's good players go because thye get more money somewhere else, or he goes to the other extreme and overpays. I don't see a middle of the road with him.

This comment was too hilarious:

I had Stevie in my failed fantasy football team (the Forte Injury killed me as I lost by one point in the play offs).

If he is not injured, he is the slowest wide receiver in the league, he was caught from behind more than a new inmate at Attica.

Stevie isn't going anywhere. More than likely he will be franchised and then something will be worked out long term.

He had a high number of catches against Revis, true, but not a lot of yards. There is still some room for improvement in his game.

8 catches for 75 yards in game 2

3 catches for 84 yards in game 1

He also has the longest catch against Revis this year with a 52 yarder.

If you let a 25 year old receiver with back to back 1000 yard seasons which he could easily get and 16 TDs in the last two years, you better believe he's getting top dollar somewhere. Even if you don't think he's worth it because he drops a ball every once in a while, thats the going market for a guy like him. Either you pay him or we can curse out the FO for being cheap

Man. Read the comments at the end of that article. People are real jerks. I thought he was popular and appreciated. I guess I was wrong based on those comments.

I hope he comes back, and I would pay a little extra for him in spite of his lack of size, lack of breakaway speed, lack of maturity, and propensity to drop key passes. Letting him go and creating yet another hole to fill seems like a bad idea. I guess I come from the school of "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know."

8 catches for 75 yards in game 2

3 catches for 84 yards in game 1

He also has the longest catch against Revis this year with a 52 yarder.

If you let a 25 year old receiver with back to back 1000 yard seasons which he could easily get and 16 TDs in the last two years, you better believe he's getting top dollar somewhere. Even if you don't think he's worth it because he drops a ball every once in a while, thats the going market for a guy like him. Either you pay him or we can curse out the FO for being cheap

I have no problem paying him some coin, just not as much as a Fitzgerald.

Man. Read the comments at the end of that article. People are real jerks. I thought he was popular and appreciated. I guess I was wrong based on those comments.

I hope he comes back, and I would pay a little extra for him in spite of his lack of size, lack of breakaway speed, lack of maturity, and propensity to drop key passes. Letting him go and creating yet another hole to fill seems like a bad idea. I guess I come from the school of "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know."

People forget that Jerry Rice wasn't exactly a speed burner, either. Stevie is listed at what, 6-2? Size is not the issue. Yes, he has dropped some key passes, and the maturity issue seems to be over, so let's pay him, say, about the same as we just paid Fitzpatrick.

I have no problem paying him some coin, just not as much as a Fitzgerald.

People forget that Jerry Rice wasn't exactly a speed burner, either. Stevie is listed at what, 6-2? Size is not the issue. Yes, he has dropped some key passes, and the maturity issue seems to be over, so let's pay him, say, about the same as we just paid Fitzpatrick.

Pay him like a Fitzpatrick, but not a Fitzgerald. I like it! :thumbsup:

I'm just not convinced he's a #1 on most other rosters, and, as a result, he'll get closer to #1 money in Buffalo.

And, after that contract, he did not play to that level.

I like the guy. he just is not clutch, at all! That is maddening, especially on a talent deprived team. We need clutch guys, we will re sign him.

But since he is having "feelings" maybe when the 2012 schedule comes out, he can circle in advance the yearly game he loses all by himself for us.