Stevie has a feeling.....

bbb

That bold part is one of the dumber statements I have read here. There is no way in hell Stevie is any where near that good. Stop the agenda? How about you stop the love fest and understand he is nothing more than an unreliable #2 at best.

unreliable #2? he has had back to back 1000 yards seasons and is 25! Cut his ass!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a horrible GM would give him anywhere near what he thinks he is worth. he had one good season that was plagued with stupidity then this year really took the cake in those regards.

But hey, we do have a bad GM so I see him coming back

That bold part is one of the dumber statements I have read here. There is no way in hell Stevie is any where near that good. Stop the agenda? How about you stop the love fest and understand he is nothing more than an unreliable #2 at best.

I'll give you credit. Since you signed up a few weeks ago, every single post you've made has been filled with complete idiocy. #2 WRs don't post back to back 80-1000 seasons.

The good thing for the rest of us is that with your current attitude/posting habits, i don't think you'll be around here too much longer.

Fitz' contract was definitely not overpaying. It was middle of the road starter money, which is what he is or at least was until he fell off the cliff.

Taken overall, even after he "fell off the cliff", Fitz is still middle of the road by most statistical measures.

Considering that the Bills lost 40% of their offensive production and several starters on OL (with too much reshuffling) it ain't great but it ain't awful.

I do hope we can re-sign Stevie to a contract that will protect both his, and the Bills, interests (meaning generous performance incentives)

Edited by Hopeful

I have no problem paying him some coin, just not as much as a Fitzgerald.

People forget that Jerry Rice wasn't exactly a speed burner, either. Stevie is listed at what, 6-2? Size is not the issue. Yes, he has dropped some key passes, and the maturity issue seems to be over, so let's pay him, say, about the same as we just paid Fitzpatrick.

Jerry Rice would also drop passes in his early days. I believe he average at least 3 drops a game.

Funny thing about Stevie...I read about how many drops he has and how he's a detriment to the team. And so I looked it up:

Drops by receivers

Couldn't find it there. So I looked up his page:

Stevie's Stats

3 drops. Officially. Coupled with being one of three receivers in team history and post back to back 70+ catch seasons, I don't see the hate...

Funny thing about Stevie...I read about how many drops he has and how he's a detriment to the team. And so I looked it up:

Drops by receivers

Couldn't find it there. So I looked up his page:

Stevie's Stats

3 drops. Officially. Coupled with being one of three receivers in team history and post back to back 70+ catch seasons, I don't see the hate...

Are drops official? Just curious....

IMO your dead wrong here.....Replace Stevie with anyone else, Bills win 2 games next year. He gets open none of our other guys do....Drop your Stevie agenda and realize he is making plays....Pitt game drop = 1 big drop......Where was the 2nd? When Fitz missed him by a million yards those 30 other times? Come on bud.....quit hating on the one guy who cares and plays hard.....IMO dead wrong...

I agree that we need to re-sign him........But, obviously the Jets game was the 2nd big drop, and that Pitt game last year, not only did he drop the game winner, but he dropped a lot of balls before that.

I do think he cares and plays hard, though, and really want him back.

I'll give you credit. Since you signed up a few weeks ago, every single post you've made has been filled with complete idiocy. #2 WRs don't post back to back 80-1000 seasons.

The good thing for the rest of us is that with your current attitude/posting habits, i don't think you'll be around here too much longer.

+1

Taken overall, even after he "fell off the cliff", Fitz is still middle of the road by most statistical measures.

Considering that the Bills lost 40% of their offensive production and several starters on OL (with too much reshuffling) it ain't great but it ain't awful.

I do hope we can re-sign Stevie to a contract that will protect both his, and the Bills, interests (meaning generous performance incentives)

Well f$tzmoney is in a starter spot but he has proved he is not a starting caliber qb. For all you f$tz believers go look at his stats over his career. He had a hell of first couple of games this season but proved through the rest of the season he is a back up on a team that is desperate to find the "guy". The rest of his career shows his lack of starting potential. Anyone that needs to be resigned is steve johnson.

Fitz lovers will point to the mysterious although unreported "injury" Fletcher gave him though.

just sayin

And you are right. Damn F$tzmoney lovers. He was the only part of last week's game that was horrible. Tebow completed about the same percentages of his passes and Tebow can't throw. F$tzmoney didnt get any picks because no one could catch the balls when they are 10 feet over the recievers head or into the ground. Blame the line all you want. F$tzmoney is over paid. He is a back up at best. The damn fans, Ralph and FO are looking for that "guy" and F$tzmoney wanted what every player wants.... MORE MONEY. So he pushed and the Bills jumped the gun. Screwed, thats what that contract will do to the bills. If they let SJ walk, they need to cut F$tzmoney. They will be starting over either way.

Stevie IS a playmaker. I will be shocked if he is not franchised next year.

He should be signed before it comes to that. Sign him long term. 5 years, no less.

Backload it so he has to earn it. Something like 5 years 45 million.Because He's young enough too

play it out, and still be effective.

Then go after a true #1 in the draft.

He should be signed before it comes to that. Sign him long term. 5 years, no less.

Backload it so he has to earn it. Something like 5 years 45 million.Because He's young enough too

play it out, and still be effective.

Then go after a true #1 in the draft.

Right, that is what should have happened....last off season.

Why the heck would SJ NOT test the free agent market at this point?

Franchised or off the Bills, those are the current realitistic outcomes for SJ at this point.

The ignore feature is the gift that keeps on giving… addition by subtraction.