Good news about our Dline...

Dopey

I think we should leave it as is for next season. It's a pretty good group, collectively. With KW coming back and more help at OLB, we can leave the dline alone and concentrate on other ,more pressing needs in FA and the draft. If we can shore up the OLB spots and a corner, this Dline will flourish. It doesn't help that Spencer and Carrington are playing OLB out of necessity. They belong on the Dline. Even Spencer will play well if playing the position he really should play. This is yr 2 of a 3-4 yr rebuild. By keeping a good to really good line intact, we can help the rest of the roster alot. Marcell,Kyle,Dwan make a pretty good Dline with Heard, Johnson, Carringon as backups or start Carrington and use Dwan as a backup. That's a good line that is deep too.

What do you guys think?

Forgot about Troup too.

Edited by Dopey

I think we should leave it as is for next season. It's a pretty good group, collectively. With KW coming back and more help at OLB, we can leave the dline alone and concentrate on other ,more pressing needs in FA and the draft. If we can shore up the OLB spots and a corner, this Dline will flourish. It doesn't help that Spencer and Carrington are playing OLB out of necessity. They belong on the Dline. Even Spencer will play well if playing the position he really should play. This is yr 2 of a 3-4 yr rebuild. By keeping a good to really good line intact, we can help the rest of the roster alot. Marcell,Kyle,Dwan make a pretty good Dline with Heard, Johnson, Carringon as backups or start Carrington and use Dwan as a backup. That's a good line that is deep too.

What do you guys think?

The D-Line will not be a priority going into next year. Neither will the safety and running back positions. Everything else will need to be addressed.

The D-Line will not be a priority going into next year. Neither will the safety and running back positions. Everything else will need to be addressed.

I don't think "everything else" needs to be address. Certainly LB, CB and WR (need a strong #2). Pick up good O-line depth (draft or FA) and maybe go after a QB if the RIGHT ONE is available- Certainly not a priority. We can win with Fitz if our D played better (just look at the CIN and NYG games).

I don't think "everything else" needs to be address. Certainly LB, CB and WR (need a strong #2). Pick up good O-line depth (draft or FA) and maybe go after a QB if the RIGHT ONE is available- Certainly not a priority. We can win with Fitz if our D played better (just look at the CIN and NYG games).

I think it's time this team had a monster at WR. Lee Evans had a nice year in '06, but I want a physical specimen like Moulds. Too bad Justin Blackmon is out of the picture. Remember that this team is going to ride out their picks- Carrington will start next year- so Aaron Williams will get ample time to prove himself as a starting CB. In fact, I'd be shocked if he's not starting opening day next year. But I think that everyone can agree that WR and a pass-rushing OLB are our two biggest priorities.

I think DE is a need area. No pressure from our DEs this year, and I have not been impressed with Edwards or Carrington.

Defensive ends in a 3/4 are more about occuping blockers then actual pressure. We need a olb that can get to the qb . Unfortunitly it is not a great draft or free agnect year for that position. It is a good draft for bigger cb's and that is my bet where buddy goes in round one.

How can you say the line is not a priority when the Bills continue to fail to stop the run and can generate almost no pass rush? I get it that Kyle Williams is coming back but he is not the complete answer. If there is a true 3-4 pass rushing DE available early in the draft the Bills would have to think about selecting him.

Not going to happen after they gave Fitz the extension, he is the new "franchise QB" of the Bills right now, weither we like it or not

How can you say the line is not a priority when the Bills continue to fail to stop the run and can generate almost no pass rush? I get it that Kyle Williams is coming back but he is not the complete answer. If there is a true 3-4 pass rushing DE available early in the draft the Bills would have to think about selecting him.

I'm not saying we have a great D-Line, but I can tell you that a healthy Kyle Williams plus Dareus in his second year and I'm telling you right now, Carrington starts next year, plus you still have Edwards, Johnson, etc. = not a priority relative to OLB. Now if they switch back to a 4-3, which they should, that's a different story.

Defensive ends in a 3/4 are more about occuping blockers then actual pressure. We need a olb that can get to the qb . Unfortunitly it is not a great draft or free agnect year for that position. It is a good draft for bigger cb's and that is my bet where buddy goes in round one.

Thanks, you stole my thunder.

:thumbsup:

Easy, read my intro. Just my opinion, but I thought it made sense. We have 2-3 guys playing out of position due to injury/necessity who need to play the position they were brought in to play. Carringon and Spencer were brought in to play dline. Once they can go back to their positions(after FA and draft picks) they will play better. When a RB goes wide on these 2 guys they are toast. I don't expect either of these guys to be able stay with a RB cutting wide or juking them. They are not LB's. They are playing out of position. Sooooo, I think our priority on D is more OLB's vs Dline. Look, if we stumble on to a draft pick at d-end that we can't pass up, cool take him. But DE/DL is NOT a priority.

I'm not saying we have a great D-Line, but I can tell you that a healthy Kyle Williams plus Dareus in his second year and I'm telling you right now, Carrington starts next year, plus you still have Edwards, Johnson, etc. = not a priority relative to OLB. Now if they switch back to a 4-3, which they should, that's a different story.

:thumbsup:

Not going to happen after they gave Fitz the extension, he is the new "franchise QB" of the Bills right now, weither we like it or not

Nonsense. They can draft a QB if they want. Fitz's deal is front-loaded. He won't cost the Bills much in in 2 years.

PTR

Aaron Williams will get ample time to prove himself as a starting CB. In fact, I'd be shocked if he's not starting opening day next year.

I'd be REAL shocked, and to be honest scared if he was based on what I've seen so far...That Kid is no where near ready to be an NFL Starting CB...Then he misses all this time to boot...When he was in there he might as well have had a target painted on him, because opposing QB were going right after him...And he did not respond well at all...I thought he looked terrible in pre-season outside of the one nice play he made on the INT...Other than that play he was consistently a step or two behind...Williams has shown me next to nothing...So acually he fits right in amongst The Bills CB's... ;)

But I will say this...A TON of it could be the fact that The Bills Defensive Coaches are terrible and simply have no clue how to put Players in position to succeed...Nor can they develop obvious talent...So when the Bills get a brand new Staff on Defense, which I expect to happen (actually I'm PRAYING it happens)...Maybe Williams will turn out to be all that...We'll see I guess... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Nothing would help this defense more than to get Kyle Williams and Dareus together in the middle of a 4-3, Carrington would be adequate as a LDE and the next draft has a pretty good selection of 4-3 RDEs. Kyle Williams is a very good player but he's not really what you want at NT and he's not a 3-4 DE, if the Bills stick with the 3-4 they need a real NT and a couple of great 3-4 OLBs.

But I will say this...A TON of it could be the fact that The Bills Defensive Coaches are terrible and simply have no clue how to put Players in position to succeed...Nor can they develop obvious talent...So when the Bills get a brand new Staff on Defense, which I expect to happen (actually I'm PRAYING it happens)...Maybe Williams will turn out to be all that...We'll see I guess... B-)

Yep, we need to find a "mind" for the defense. They are few and far between, I realize, but there must be some sharp coach somewhere in the NFL looking for his opportunity. We dont' have elite talent, so we need to find a way to have elite scheming. I think that's the biggest difference this season with a team like San Fran. They have had lots of talent on defense for the past several years. But once they found the right coaching, all of a sudden they are 8-1, largely due to their defense. They were often lazy and undisciplined previously. Now they play good, stout defense and it's paying off. We need someone to come in here and put some brain power behind this D.

Preaching to the choir! I have nothing to add except... :worthy:

I think it's time this team had a monster at WR. Lee Evans had a nice year in '06, but I want a physical specimen like Moulds. Too bad Justin Blackmon is out of the picture. Remember that this team is going to ride out their picks- Carrington will start next year- so Aaron Williams will get ample time to prove himself as a starting CB. In fact, I'd be shocked if he's not starting opening day next year. But I think that everyone can agree that WR and a pass-rushing OLB are our two biggest priorities.

Blackmon may be off the table, but Alshon Jeffrey should still be there. Jeffrey and johnson would be a great tandem.

Blackmon may be off the table, but Alshon Jeffrey should still be there. Jeffrey and johnson would be a great tandem.

If we got Alshon Jeffrey that would be amazing.

we need the biggest baddest guy on defense. it can be safety (lott), i dont give. as long as he wants to kill the opposition.

i would prefer Olb, but i'll take the biggest and baddest mofo in the draft at our pick.

actually i hope our picks resemble this years. mostly defense. f that, all picks should be defense!

ps. warren sapp always says this, "defense keeps it close, offense wins championships"

lets better our d first so we can keep it "close", then focus on our o later.

someone send this to chan too.

Wait where do you see the Bills Drafting cause Jeffrey's will be gone by pick 10

He may slip to the 20's, alshon has been severely underutilized by USC this year, and his stats are poor by "elite" wr standards. I see him having a Dez Bryant style draft day, which suits me just fine, I'd love to see him in Buffalo blue.

I agree. Our OLB suck balls. Moats is situational. Strictly a pass rusher (and not very effective). Danny batten is garbage. Cut him and I wouldnt blink twice. We miss merriman. Too bad it's unlikely he'll ever play a full season again. We need TWO olbs. We need 2 CBs. None of our guys can cover anyone. Prior to the season, I thought we had 3 solid #2 CBs in McGee, Florence and mckelvin. Adding another possible #2 in Williams. 4 #2 CBs is pretty dam good. As it turns out, it looks as if we have 4 nickel backs. None of which seem to cover their man well or play the ball. Like I said before....i like these guys, but they are all pretty crappy cover men.

2 olbs, 2 Cbs, 1 Wr, 1 OT 1 G. We need 7 new starters if we're gonna compete for anything other than a first round elimination next year. Adding 2 wrs might be needed of we don't sign Stevie. I think there's a good chance he flies the coop.

Not to mention, drafting a QB in the first round.....

Sorry for the negativity. But the truth is sometimes negative. I'm happy about a couple things I've seen out of this team this year, unfortunately it's all due too the 4 Picks vs Brady, 4 picks vs Vick, playing vs the injured chiefs and the horrendous skins and John beck (lol @ shanahan). <3 Fred, dareus, wood, Levitre, Wilson, Byrd, barnett. Hope to <3 Nelson, Carrington, chandler, shepp, jones, moats, spiller. There's definelty some prices to build on, but there's definitely a few positions that need to be filled by players that aren't already on the roster.

Bruce Smith?

I think if there is a pass-rushing DE that is outstanding, but no real special talent available at OLB, they should take the DE. I don't think the Bills will have to limit their choices too much though. They just need to pick the best guy available at OLB, DE, CB or WR. There MIGHT be a guy that falls to them at one of these positions, and they should take that player. I just hope they get a player that plays up to their draft position.

They should be able to attract a little higher quality free agents to shore up the holes (if they want to) as well.

I don't know about that. I haven't watched much of Jeffrey, but was interested by what you all have been saying about him, so I just looked at some of his highlights and was less than thrilled with him. He could be a playmaker, but he seemed to catch the ball in his body too much, instead of with his hands, doesn't secure the ball once he catches it, and didn't seem to play incredibly fast. When he did have to extend to catch the ball, it looked like (from the highlights) he had good hands, but when he comes to the NFL, I think he's going to have some bad habits to break.

What do you guys think?

Forgot about Troup too.

Not bad, but Troup is no good. I'd cut him. Chronic back injuries don't go away, and you need your back to be healty when playing NT. I feel bad for the guy, but he should never have been drafted, or at lest should be sat for a year while rehabbing his back.

Mohamed Sanu is the WR that I am interested in the Bills drafting. Watch him shoot up draft boards. And I agree- our needs our pass rusher, CB(2), WR, OLB, and Oline

youtube.com/watch?v=KJz5fIQm6-E

I'd rather get someone from the SEC, Oregon, or Ok. State. Beating Big East defenses at this point is not too difficult.

Edited by RyanC883

I'd rather get someone from the SEC, Oregon, or Ok. State. Beating Big East defenses at this point is not too difficult.

Do you know anything about Sanu? He is the real deal. SEC is loaded, but many great NFL players come from other conferences. DeMarcus Ware, Ray Rice, Miles Austin, Marcus Colston immediately come to mine as players from small schools I would love to see on the Bills. To discount talent at small schools is myopic