Tim Graham: Ryan to make Maybin a captain for Bills game

How would you feel if U were one of the captains asked to relinquish the honor for a game. Oh Rexy Rexy, you are such a stinker!

Yeah, it really is only a coin flip thoug.

Actually the Jets maintain one "wild card" captain each week, usually for players facing former teams, so I guess Rex does this often. That still doesn't change the fact that he's trying to play games with us.

PTR

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />so who remembers when levitre called out maybin in practice and told him to "give all that money back you ain't earned"?  Our o line is gonna be pushing that def line back and freddy will run wild.  bring on the motivation.<br />
you mean wood I assume

I'm not a fan of Aaron Maybin. I hated the pick and I'm glad he's gone. I just don't understand why we hate him so much. He practiced hard. He worked out hard. He was always fired up when on the field (maybe too fired up, and wasn't on the field much). Hate the FO for the pick. Hate Edwards and Fewell for not utilizing him correctly. He's an undersized pass rusher. That's all that he is. He didn't play because he was ONLY good at rushing the passer, and in buffalo, he couldn't even do that well. Now, he's in NY and Rex Ryan IS utilizing correctly and he's getting some results. He went from 5 plays a game as a bill, to 10 plays a game as a jet. He has 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles For Rex Ryan. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure many of you disagree with my philosophy, but the hate should be directed towards our use of him, as opposed to him. Time will tell if he can be a prodictive player in the league, but so far, he's been productive as a jet. I wish him him luck, just not against us. We're 5-2, no need to be SO bitter about Aaron f'n Maybin.

I'm not a fan of Aaron Maybin. I hated the pick and I'm glad he's gone. I just don't understand why we hate him so much. He practiced hard. He worked out hard. He was always fired up when on the field (maybe too fired up, and wasn't on the field much). Hate the FO for the pick. Hate Edwards and Fewell for not utilizing him correctly. He's an undersized pass rusher. That's all that he is. He didn't play because he was ONLY good at rushing the passer, and in buffalo, he couldn't even do that well. Now, he's in NY and Rex Ryan IS utilizing correctly and he's getting some results. He went from 5 plays a game as a bill, to 10 plays a game as a jet. He has 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles For Rex Ryan. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure many of you disagree with my philosophy, but the hate should be directed towards our use of him, as opposed to him. Time will tell if he can be a prodictive player in the league, but so far, he's been productive as a jet. I wish him him luck, just not against us. We're 5-2, no need to be SO bitter about Aaron f'n Maybin.

I dont hate him, never did. Disappointed yes, but not hate. As a matter of fact I defended him in the various Maybin-bashing threads. I just think Ryan is exploiting him for his own petty means. Maybin has done some things when inserted quietly in spots with Jets. He's not ready to have the spotlight shined him

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

what's wrong with this move, really? keep in mind, Rex Ryan has gotten far more out of Maybin than two Bills coaches and defensive coordinators could over two seasons. and the fact that Maybin proved to be a standup guy in going on the conference call with Buffalo-area media showed that he could keep his emotions in check is more proof that there's something to him.

he could've blown. in fact, he was given numerous chances to.

and yet he didn't.

good for him. and if this is the case, he should be rewarded for it. good for Rex.

jw

I "get" the move as a motivational tactic for both Maybin and the Jets as a whole. But I think what happens is that its a double edged sword as you scream gimmick and desperation to your team.

For a big game like this (Division game between two teams that could be both chasing their division and the wildcard) I don't think you can motivate the other team. If you are a member of the Bills and Jets and you aren't amped for this game there is something wrong with you.

I hate A M because he held out so long his rookie season for money. he didn't have time to learn our D to be effective as a rookie

I hate him cause he would jump on piles after other players made the tackles.

I hate him cause he didn't seem dedicated to putting on weight to be effective in our D

I hate him cause at the combine he was like 240 to 250 pounds, but then couldn't crack 230 lbs (juice)

I hate him cause he couldnt rap to save his life!

I really really hate him cause he plays for NJ

I really really really hate him because what kind of D bag gives himself the nick name MAYHEM! what a d$ck

Maybe Aaron Maybin is a fantastic human being. I have no idea. However, many people here were irate we didn't take Orakpo, and Aaron Maybin symbolizes everything that was wrong with Jauron as a coach and the organization as a whole. Also, no one should forget Russ Brandon standing up there waxing poetic about how special Aaron Maybin was the day he was drafted.

It was also infuriating as fans to see a guy whose JOB it is to put on weight not be able to. I mean, for christsakes, I am 40 and put 10 pounds on after about 10 months of hitting the gym hard...and I am not a professional athlete nor am I that heavy.

And, when Maybin was out on the field he looked relatively lost and out of place. Anyone remember him spinning wildly out of control on the kick off return this pre-season? Oy vey.

I wish Aaron Maybin well. But I also wish he gets crushed by Eric Wood this Sunday. Repeatedly.

<br />I hate A M because he held out so long his rookie season for money. he didn't have time to learn our D to be effective as a rookie<br />I hate him cause he  would jump on piles after other players made the tackles.<br />I hate him cause he didn't seem dedicated to putting on weight to be effective in our D<br />I hate him cause at the combine he was like 240 to 250 pounds, but then couldn't crack 230 lbs (juice)<br />I hate him cause he couldnt rap to save his  life!<br />I really really hate him cause he plays for NJ<br />I really really really hate him because what kind of D bag gives himself the nick name MAYHEM! what a d$ck<br />
typical

How do you explain making some guy you found in a dumpster a team captain after a couple weeks, unless you think you are somehow sticking it to the Bills by doing so? Total dickface move, Rex. Total dickface.

But PLEASE do it, Rex. Like the Bills need any more incentive to kick your asses.

PTR

Levitre and Pears better do everything they can to not that fitness model put a hand on Fitzy.

what's wrong with this move, really? keep in mind, Rex Ryan has gotten far more out of Maybin than two Bills coaches and defensive coordinators could over two seasons. and the fact that Maybin proved to be a standup guy in going on the conference call with Buffalo-area media showed that he could keep his emotions in check is more proof that there's something to him.

he could've blown. in fact, he was given numerous chances to.

and yet he didn't.

good for him. and if this is the case, he should be rewarded for it. good for Rex.

jw

jw, I am 100% with you here. Seems to me to be a nice gesture on Rex's part to a player who has had his share of hard times..I think 95% of the coaches in the league would do the exact same thing ...maybe I am missing something here?

I also agree on Maybin being a standup guy..he has handled this week well I thought. Only thing I am not sure of, as I have not seen any Jets games ,is saying the Jets have gotten something out of him. My gut says that was from scheme..and any other player with speed, like a safety say, would have made the same plays. I think he is a LB that can not be put out there unless it is 3rd and very long. Jets have the kind of depth and players that allow them to carry a guy like that...the Bills did not when they drafted him, and still do not.

I am sure Rex would poop his pants if in game injuries forced Maybin to become an everydown player.

We should eliminate a captain to symbolize the loss of the great Kent Hull for this game. It could fire our guys up and pay tribute to a true Buffalo hero!

Or better yet, do what the Redskins did for Sean Taylor. For the first play on offense, run a play without a center. That would pay tribute. :ph34r:

How do you explain making some guy you found in a dumpster a team captain after a couple weeks, unless you think you are somehow sticking it to the Bills by doing so? Total dickface move, Rex. Total dickface.

But PLEASE do it, Rex. Like the Bills need any more incentive to kick your asses.

PTR

Although I think it will do nothing more than add a little more fuel to the Bills fire, It is really a Jr. High level insult and direct jab at Chan Gailey and Bills leadership, like: "Look you fools, you couldn't do anything with him, but we're so much better than you, we've made a player out of him."

I hope he plays, and I hope he plays a lot. Because every time he's out there the Bills will right at him, and over him. But, in the end, although I loath his methods, Rex is too smart to let that absurdity happen. The only time Maybin will see the field is when he goes out for the coin toss. :oops: