Tim Graham: Ryan to make Maybin a captain for Bills game

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 pages of this?

Looks like Ryan's tactic is having the desired effect, at least on the fans anyway.

Read this like it is: Ryan knows he has to do whatever he can to gain whatever advantage he can.

He has seen the same film we have.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

4 pages of this?

Looks like Ryan's tactic is having the desired effect, at least on the fans anyway.

Read this like it is: Ryan knows he has to do whatever he can to gain whatever advantage he can.

He has seen the same film we have.

This is our time.

BAM.

Oh, no, I didn't.

Actually the Jets maintain one "wild card" captain each week, usually for players facing former teams, so I guess Rex does this often. That still doesn't change the fact that he's trying to play games with us.

PTR

Playing games is part of Rex Ryan's personality, it runs in the family. Who really cares if Maybin goes out for the coin toss, that is about as far as his "Captain" tenure is going to take him. The only thing that matters is what goes on in between the lines in between the whistles.

Edited by billsfreak

This is why, for me, it's such a non issue. It's not a slight against the Bills in reality (and I'm sure Rex knows this) but it's a harmless gesture for Rex. Best case scenario he fires up Maybin and rattles the Bills (which won't happen).

Worst case scenario, Maybin tries to tackle the ref during the coin toss but gets stiff-armed by a 50 year old man.

Ed Hochuli is bigger and stronger than Maybin anyways. One on one in the open field with Maybin, I'd take Hochuli every time.

... it's our time down here. Up there, it's their time. It's their time, up there.

Great movie reference there.

So I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but making him a captain, doesn't that mean that he is one of the few players that have the helmet speakers for play calling?

I don't know if there are separate assignments for that or not but if he's the one relaying the plays and calling audibles I think this could only work in our favor.

Great movie reference there.

Thanks

So I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but making him a captain, doesn't that mean that he is one of the few players that have the helmet speakers for play calling?

I don't know if there are separate assignments for that or not but if he's the one relaying the plays and calling audibles I think this could only work in our favor.

No, it doesn't mean that.

I feel like this is the type of move Parcells would have made back in the day. Rex is trying to push buttons and motivate. Personally I'd like to see the bills run the football right at him when he steps out on the feild. Put him into a 3-4 front and it becomes a nickel, weak on the edge.

Parcells was known more to berate his own players - especially his stars - and treat them like garbage, rather than lifting up part-time players that he recently cut for motivational purposes.

We should eliminate a captain to symbolize the loss of the great Kent Hull for this game. It could fire our guys up and pay tribute to a true Buffalo hero!

I admire Kent Hull as much as any other fan but really, why eliminate a captain?

Why play the same foolish games that Ryan is playing by making a clown like Maybin a captain?

Edited by Bob in STL

How do you explain making some guy you found in a dumpster a team captain after a couple weeks, unless you think you are somehow sticking it to the Bills by doing so? Total dickface move, Rex. Total dickface.

But PLEASE do it, Rex. Like the Bills need any more incentive to kick your asses.

PTR

Rex is nothing but alot of Hot Air. No one cares about Aaron anyways here. He is a blemish on a failed regime, oh well. He doesn't scare me, and he won't get any sacks.

Playing games is part of Rex Ryan's personality, it runs in the family. Who really cares if Maybin goes out for the coin toss, that is about as far as his "Captain" tenure is going to take him. The only thing that matters is what goes on in between the lines in between the whistles.

I hear you. An dyou are correct.

IF, and god i hope so, the Bills beat the crap out of Rex, i think it is th ebegining of the end for him.

His personality is good while he wins.

If they go in the tank, wont be long before his butt gets the boot. His shananigans are only funny while he wins.

Then they just become more of a reason to hate on him, for the fans and media of the Jesters