Idea: C.J. Spiller to Detroit for 2nd Rounder?

ShipUPride

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not mind trading CJ if we got a 2nd rounder and a LB, DL or OL that's starting caliber. He is Reggie Bush, except a few pounds lighter. His strength is his speed, but all teams can counter that in the NFL, unlike college. He will never be an everydown back like Fred and will never be able to pass protect as good as Fred. It's a win now league. The future is now and do whatever we can to make our team better. Good teams never draft RBs with a 1st round pick. It is a waste as the avg RB career is around 2.8 years +/- a few tenths. Good RBs can be found everywhere, every year. It's one of the easiest positions to learn. The only way a 1st round pick should be riding the pine in their 2nd year is if you are trying to develop a QB, or a man named Fred Jackson. Otherwise I view it as a wasted pick and cash spent. $10 million for what looks to be a handful of touches in 2 seasons doesn't sit well with me.

I think it was his third. He might be done for good if this keeps up. For his sake, I hope he is really careful about returning, there's some pretty compelling evidence about the long term effects of multiple concussions. Not just memory loss but depression, dementia etc.

Second this season.

The cal one obviously being the scariest reported.

Lions were reckless putting him back in the game.

If they think they are Superbowl contenders, and need a RB so badly, maybe now is the time that we get value for CJ. Let's face it, a number 1 draft pick should never be second string RB/WR.

I would not give up on Spiller just yet. Gailey would not have him out there if he didn't think he was a threat. He'll score some big touchdowns for us before the year is out and in the years to come.

If they think they are Superbowl contenders, and need a RB so badly, maybe now is the time that we get value for CJ. Let's face it, a number 1 draft pick should never be second string RB/WR.

Please stop having ideas!

No way Detroit's second rounder is going to be a late second rounder not worth it. CJ will come into his own. I like our situation, let CJ season and watch Freddy and learn how to become an NFL running back from a true NFL running back. Let's face it Freddy is going to get old sooner or later lets say he starts to decline in say 3 to 4 years CJ will only be 27 or 28 prime time...

Perhaps the Bills should give Spiller a full season under his belt before declaring him unworthy. He's barely played since he was signed. Patience.

Runningbacks taken as number one picks often become the starters their first season. The fact that Spiller could not beat out the competition proves that many of the members of TSW were right when they questioned why the Bills picked Spiller in the first round. I'm not saying he is a bust, justing reiterating what was often said, that the team had greater needs. Spiller may be a good back in the future, but we didn't improve the team by drafting him.

That said, C.J. will get his reps this season if/when Fred gets hurt. Jackson is being used too much for a guy in his thirties, making him more vulnerable to injuries. (Those who think he has less mileage because he got into the NFL late should remember that he was playing football the whole time.)

Edited by BillsfaninFl

When he touches the ball he does good things, and is improving and getting more involved.

He has been targeted 11 times and has 11 completions.

He has a 7.1 YPC when handed the ball.

Freddie is playing like an MVP, so touches will be somewhat limited, but he is getting treated like Maybin when he isn't playing like that. I have to think his blocking and understanding of the game are improving in practice and he will be able to be in the backfield without it being known he is getting the ball. I would not trade him for a late second rounder.

As good as Jackson and Johnson are, I think Spiller is going to be the "x" factor that will propel this offense to elite status by next season. The base offense should be a 3-WR set that features CJ officially as a flanker WR but lined up in all sorts of different places to confuse opposing defenses. On certain plays, he will end up running the ball instead of Jackson. I view Spiller as an upgrade to the role Parrish was supposed to play, in terms of both size and skill.

We all need to end this perpetual rebuilding mindset. When you have talented players, keep them and figure out how to use them instead of trading for more picks.

Perhaps the Bills should give Spiller a full season under his belt before declaring him unworthy. He's barely played since he was signed. Patience.

Yeah I think that's the point....he has barely played and can't beat out a guy from Coe college...he has no vision...Still I wouldn't trade him for anything but a player that can produce now and that ain't going to happen

You are an idiot. Or a troll.

What do we do if Jackson gets hurt?