Idea: C.J. Spiller to Detroit for 2nd Rounder?

ShipUPride

If they think they are Superbowl contenders, and need a RB so badly, maybe now is the time that we get value for CJ. Let's face it, a number 1 draft pick should never be second string RB/WR.

Idea:We are Superbowl contenders so keep him for a WR and stop trying to fund other teams futures!

Are u serious?... really?..... horrible idea! what would we do if freddie got hurt? Oh, Chris White will save the day. umm, ok.

hmmm, 107 divided by 15 = 7.13 yards per carry. no potential there. wtf

...and further more, depth is also for when someone goes down.

i don't get some of u guys.

When someone goes down? That never happens does it. Good answer East

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Others will support each and every dumb move this team has ever made, even if it makes certain that the team will suck.

Wouldn't ya say?

In what way does pointing out how idiotic the suggestion of the OP is mean somebody is supporting every dumb move the Bills make?

Some people seem to love having the Bills suck. I can't think of any other explanation.

PTR

I was literally going to add the same thing. People love to see our first round picks tank, except in this case anyone watching the Bills this year can see Spiller is going to be very good. I don't usually say this, but this was a dumb post.

In what way does pointing out how idiotic the suggestion of the OP is mean somebody is supporting every dumb move the Bills make?

You're trying to reason with Bill here, someone who believes that every draft pick/signing that isn't a guy over 300 lbs is a "dumb" move.

Edited by Ramius

If they think they are Superbowl contenders, and need a RB so badly, maybe now is the time that we get value for CJ. Let's face it, a number 1 draft pick should never be second string RB/WR.

Hey maybe we should offer the Jets a low 3rd rounder for Maybin then our initial investment of a 1st rounder on him wouldn't be as bad as it was ????????

In time C J is going to be worth the pick , Fred is just showing how much of a monster he is and i think if C J keeps his ears & eyes open he'll learn a lot from Fred & Gailey then watch out !!!!!!!! :worthy:

Some people are just crazy. CJ is a much better player this year than last. He would probably be a 1000 yard back if Fred wasn't on the team. CJ is the future RB of this team.

Not sure what makes you say that, he has 107 yards for the season so far. Not exactly an overwhelming amount of data to say the least. I hope you are right and, God forbid, Freddy gets hurt that CJ can step in and shine and be the Bills RB of the future. I just have seen no evidence that leads me to believe that would be the case so far. But if Gailey still believes in Spiller and isn't keeping him around simply to save face for having Spiller be his first pick as a Bill that's good enough for me.

Edited by CodeMonkey

People dont want to trade him bc of 'depth'? Gimme a break - any PS running back could never carry the ball for very little yardage(total yardage, not average). I feel like 4 out of 5 of his touches are receptions anyways. We could just sign another nobody WR to do that.

If you don't want to trade him, thats fine, but lack of depth is a really weak reason.

Not sure what makes you say that, he has 107 yards for the season so far. Not exactly an overwhelming amount of data to say the least. I hope you are right and, God forbid, Freddy gets hurt that CJ can step in and shine and be the Bills RB of the future. I just have seen no evidence that leads me to believe that would be the case so far. But if Gailey still believes in Spiller and isn't keeping him around simply to save face for having Spiller be his first pick as a Bill that's good enough for me.

Yet it's enough data to say he should be traded, for a (late) 2nd rounder? :rolleyes:

Yet it's enough data to say he should be traded, for a (late) 2nd rounder? :rolleyes:

Never said he should be traded for a late 2nd, or even traded. Just that a trade should be considered given how little he sees the field.

If a first round, 9th overall, RB is healthy and gets so little playing time his 2nd season, I consider it a huge red flag. The Bills have far too many areas of need to afford to keep a first round pick on the bench in the name of "depth", particularly one that has shown so little potential thus far.

But as I said in the same post you referenced, if Gailey truly sees him as a RB of the future then keeping him is the right thing to do.

It's amazing how anti-depth this forum is.

Having good players behind your starters is a good thing.

Having good starters in all positions is more important, IMO anyway.

But yes, once all your starting positions are filled by capable people, depth is a beautiful thing and is necessary for the entire season and playoffs.

Never said he should be traded for a late 2nd, or even traded. Just that a trade should be considered given how little he sees the field.

If a first round, 9th overall, RB is healthy and gets so little playing time his 2nd season, I consider it a huge red flag. The Bills have far too many areas of need to afford to keep a first round pick on the bench in the name of "depth", particularly one that has shown so little potential thus far.

But as I said in the same post you referenced, if Gailey truly sees him as a RB of the future then keeping him is the right thing to do.

IMHO, you shouldn't consider getting rid of a player before his first 3 years unless you're getting a great deal for him. Spiller's potential is just being tapped and it's possible his best position may just be WR.

IMHO, you shouldn't consider getting rid of a player before his first 3 years unless you're getting a great deal for him. Spiller's potential is just being tapped and it's possible his best position may just be WR.

I understand your reasoning. But IMHO a 1st round RB should be able to step in immediately and we are into his 2nd season and can't find his way onto the field.

He is awful short to be an effective WR at the NFL level in IMO as well.

If Gailey wants to treat Spiller as a first round project then so be it, he knows far more than I ever will. But it just seems to me a luxury the Bills cannot afford. :blink:

Edited by CodeMonkey

C.J. has 15 carries for 107, 7.1 yards a carry!They just have been feeding fred the ball. fred is still 31 and he may get beat up late in the season. C.J. is still valued as a high pick in my mind and he catches the ball like a receiver. he could explode later this season when he gets his chance.

C.J. has 15 carries for 107, 7.1 yards a carry!They just have been feeding fred the ball. fred is still 31 and he may get beat up late in the season. C.J. is still valued as a high pick in my mind and he catches the ball like a receiver. he could explode later this season when he gets his chance.

Lets hope. But if Gailey thought Spiller was truly a 7.1 YPC back he would be in and Freddy would be watching.

. . . . C.J. is still valued as a high pick in my mind and he catches the ball like a receiver. he could explode later this season when he gets his chance.

Seems there's a lot of that goin' around these days. I hope CJ aint Irish:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8783929/Irish-pensioner-died-of-spontaneous-human-combustion.html

It isn't at face value I suppose. And the Bills can't afford to trade a RB right now so the post was a moot point.

But it WOULD be idiotic to believe that any team out there would give up a second round pick for Spiller, or so I think.