Von Miller benched during Broncos loss

papazoid

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that he has 6 sacks this season and he is in the top 5. Not bad for the rook. Still think Dareus is what we needed and the better player though.

We should thank Denver for selecting him. I saw an article a few weeks ago, can't recall where at the moment that said that the top of our draft board was Cam Newton, Marcel Dareus, Blaine Gabbert. It seems if the Broncos had selected Dareus instead of Miller we would have ended up with Gabbert as our 3rd pick, not Miller.

That would have made for some differences this year,... hmmm

Just to play that out with a bit more speculation, Its possible the Bills would still be doing well, but we'd end up in a situation much like the Chargers did with Drew Brees and Philip Rivers a few years ago, where he left at the end of his contract for nothing to become a superstar elsewhere because the commitment was to the highly drafter rookie... I can hear the TSW chatter now.

We should thank Denver for selecting him. I saw an article a few weeks ago, can't recall where at the moment that said that the top of our draft board was Cam Newton, Marcel Dareus, Blaine Gabbert. It seems if the Broncos had selected Dareus instead of Miller we would have ended up with Gabbert as our 3rd pick, not Miller.

That would have made for some differences this year,... hmmm

Just to play that out with a bit more speculation, Its possible the Bills would still be doing well, but we'd end up in a situation much like the Chargers did with Drew Brees and Philip Rivers a few years ago, where he left at the end of his contract for nothing to become a superstar elsewhere because the commitment was to the highly drafter rookie... I can hear the TSW chatter now.

Gaily talked about Fitz not too long ago to the press and said that they have always believed in him and that they believed so much in him that they felt it would be a waste to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. He came right out and said they were not going to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, and even if Newton was at 3 they would not have taken him..

Gaily talked about Fitz not too long ago to the press and said that they have always believed in him and that they believed so much in him that they felt it would be a waste to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. He came right out and said they were not going to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, and even if Newton was at 3 they would not have taken him..

I certainly understand that Gailey is going to stand strong by his QB, who's playing outstanding. However, I'm not sure that's factually right. Its been widely reported and essentially acknowledged that Cam Newton was at the top of the draft board for the Bills. They would have picked him at #3 if he was available.

I need to look back and see if I can find the article I was referring to and post the link, but don't have it at the moment.

I certainly understand that Gailey is going to stand strong by his QB, who's playing outstanding. However, I'm not sure that's factually right. Its been widely reported and essentially acknowledged that Cam Newton was at the top of the draft board for the Bills. They would have picked him at #3 if he was available.

I need to look back and see if I can find the article I was referring to and post the link, but don't have it at the moment.

Ya I don't have an article either but most people know CAm was #1 overall on our draft board. And as it turns out, for good reason.

In other words, it's a rumor.

In other words, it's a rumor.

Ya I don't have an article either but most people know CAm was #1 overall on our draft board. And as it turns out, for good reason.

Go back and watch the buddy Nix press conferenace from just after the 1st round, included in there should be the video of Nix cheering and fist pumping after Denever takes Miller.

If you cant see that Buffalo wanted newton then you are nuts.

I liked Gabbert but not at 3, wanted Dareus and think Bills were lucky to get him but would have been ok with Miller

and wow was I wrong about Newton and I have no problem admitting it

I'm not knocking you, but I really don't understand what people saw or see in Gabbert. Other than being tall what exactly about his college resume screams "top 5 pick"