Von Miller benched during Broncos loss

papazoid

With just over 11 minutes left in the first quarter, Miller was lined up on the defensive left, standing up. At the snap, he charged upfield for what was clearly a pass play. But the Chargers, knowing Miller would come up the field hard, didn't keep running back Mike Tolbert in to block.

Instead, Tolbert sneaked out of the backfield just inside of Miller. Miller clearly saw Tolbert run by him, and he turned to chase the running back. But by then it was too late.

Philip Rivers hit Tolbert for a 17-yard gain that also featured three missed tackles.

Later in the quarter, Miller was on the defensive right, standing up just outside the right shoulder of defensive end Jason Hunter. It was a first-and-10 play, a more likely run down and the Broncos were in a run-defense look.

At the snap Miller charged upfield and tight end Randy McMichael simply kept pushing Miller, riding Miller out of the play. At one point Miller is deeper in the backfield than quarterback Philip Rivers, who handed the ball to Ryan Mathews.

Mathews then ran into the big gap left behind for a 36-yard gain.

Read more: Why was LB Von Miller benched in Broncos' loss to Chargers? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19081618#ixzz1aYjpICsB

Where were all your Von Miller posts prior to last week? The guy has one bad game and you're trying to say "I told you so". Laughable as Miller has been nothing short of spectacular. Were you one of the guys that said miller was too small and weak, wouldn't be able to hold up against NFL OL or that he was a maybin clone? He's been none of the above. Does he have some issues vs the run? Sure, but he is showing that he has NFL strength. Playing the run will come. He was drafted to be a dynamic pass rusher. And is most definitely that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were all your Von Miller posts prior to last week? The guy has one bad game and you're trying to say "I told you so". Laughable as Miller has been nothing short of spectacular. Were you one of the guys that said miller was too small and weak, wouldn't be able to hold up against NFL OL or that he was a maybin clone? He's been none of the above. Does he have some issues vs the run? Sure, but he is showing that he has NFL strength. Playing the run will come. He was drafted to be a dynamic pass rusher. And is most definitely that.

#1- i like Dareus over Miller....and glad it worked out that way.

#2- the purpose of the post you responded to, was to explain the coach's reason(s) for him getting pulled.

#3- there's much more to playing LB than just sacks.....defending the run and pass coverage are equally important.

#4- if your curious, i liked dareus over miller from before the draft.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/129413-adam-schefter-denver-is-taking-miller-at-2/page__p__2148124__fromsearch__1#entry2148124