Sheppard and Hairston

JM57

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like if we took some shots down the field out of the 2 and 3 wr set ... fred could have ran wild today

And im enjoying the ride.....and I think our defense does alot of good things.... especially when we keep it simple and play helmet to helmet

Hahahaha...its funny tho... last week fitz was 0-6 on deep routes and we(including myself) was like jus take the short passes....this week ... he was way more accurate...and now we're like (including myself) take more shots down the field.....

I also got on chan about not using brad smith last week and this week... Brad was used well... he follows this board

Tremendous day for our 2011 draft picks. Hairston doing an awesome job filling in for Bell, Sheppard holding is own at ILB, got nice pressure on Vick on that one pick. Dareus made a few plays, pressured Vick on that should have been intentional grounding. Way to be, class of '11.

Good games today by these two rookies. For Hairston, its a great thing when a rookie steps in due to injury at LT, throws a couple great blocks and doesn't get mentioned for anything negative. For Sheppard, nice to see him finally get some snaps at ILB. I think he was out there more than Davis, perhaps the torch has been passed.

I think he played well but I also think we kept everything short because of worries over the line being able to protect Fitz for very long. We didn't throw hardly anything longer than 10 yards.

Was Hairstonon Babin today? If so, even more impressive....

Actually, it was Pears on Babin most of the time, and Pears was completely neutralizing him....time to give credit to the offensive line coach for coaching these guys up and turning them into an above-average unit. :thumbsup:

Batten seemed all right, but let's not forget his stupid penalty that led to an Eagles TD.

Rookies make dumb mistakes sometimes. It's the "cost of doing business" for letting them get the playing time they need.

Let's not forget our vets have had the occasional bone-headed penalty in various games

Overall though I am very pleased with the discipline shown by this team. They are overall well-coached in that regard

I like Davis, but I'd like to see Sheppard get more pt. He's a big boy and can move. I'm a big fan. I haven't watched the game in slow mo yet (yes, I saw the game), so I haven't broken down hairstons play yet, but it looked liked he had a VERY good game. Our OL played very well today. Sucked that we couldn't pound the ball down their throats on that last drive and in the 4th in general. That would've been nice. To run the ball when they had 8-9 in the box. We really need to be able to close out games in the 4th running the ball. Hopefully we'll improve in that respect.

Moats was all over the place....he needs to play a lot more.

Unless I missed one of his other snaps, he had a QB hit which caused an INT on his first defensive snap this season.

Not bad for practicing ILB all training camp/pre season. Sometimes our FO is so slow with these players. Greer, Feddie, GW, Moats...

Still not sure how Dareus' sack wasn't intentional grounding on Vick.

The refs wanted to bail the Eagles out. There was no other explanation since there was no one close to the ball (the receiver was downfield).