Sheppard and Hairston

JM57

I think he played well but I also think we kept everything short because of worries over the line being able to protect Fitz for very long. We didn't throw hardly anything longer than 10 yards.

We threw everything short because that is how you beat the Eagles ... a bad offensive line is not part of a team that is regularly putting up more than 25 points a game.

Time to recognize that we have a solid starting five with two strong back ups. :pirate:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these guys a lot. If they had played last week and we committed to the pass rush the same way against a rookie QB then I believe we would be 5-0 right now.

Though I keep thinking of Batten as an ILB, outside?

True. Batten is outside. Batten made a dumb penalty but he will only get better.

Pears is 79. He absolutely neutralized Jason Babin all day long. Barely even heard Babin's name. Urbik steamrolled I believe Jamar Chaney on that 50 yard screen play...pushed him all the way to the sideline and about 15 yards downfield. Good o line play indeed.

I will also agree with the first post on this page. Short passes are how you beat the Eagles. Their LBs are not good and you have elite cover guys in Asomugha, Samuel and Rodgers-Cromartie. If you give them 6 seconds to match up with their receiver, they will do it. If you run routes with designed "picks" and quick slants, you can eat them up

George Fing Wilson, thanks Dicky for one thing you did right, right there. Both our safeties very big games.

As much as we complain about the Levy/Jauron regime... George Wilson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Demetrius Bell, Jarius Byrd, Drayton Florence were all their moves through Draft, Undrafted FA and Free Agency.... hmmmm. I guess they got a few things right along the way.

Several of these guys coul have been easily cut or discarded as the front office changed

Edited by cage

We threw everything short because that is how you beat the Eagles ... a bad offensive line is not part of a team that is regularly putting up more than 25 points a game.

Time to recognize that we have a solid starting five with two strong back ups. :pirate:

that make no sense at all ???? :oops:

I can't believe that I am saying this, but just how good is our offensive line? 3 sacks in 4 games I think and Freddy doesn't get touched till he is 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Great points.

For a unit that was under heavy scrutiny by the fans during the off-season and preseason, they have answered the call early on, in both pass protection and run blocking.

Did you see the blocks by Urbik & LeVitre on that big screen pass to Freddy?