Kelsay out?

Dorkington

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article584514.ece

Meanwhile, linebacker Chris Kelsay was carted out of Ralph Wilson Stadium with a calf injury and was added to the injury report.

I know TBD loves to hate on Kelsay, but I think he's been good for us this season so far... is Carrington ready to play every down?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article584514.ece

I know TBD loves to hate on Kelsay, but I think he's been good for us this season so far... is Carrington ready to play every down?

I couldnt agree more. ive been a huge Kelsay critic but his strong play has been a huge suprise for me. you could argue thats what happens when you play with dareus and kw, but i think its more than that and he is due some credit :beer:

I couldnt agree more. ive been a huge Kelsay critic but his strong play has been a huge suprise for me. you could argue thats what happens when you play with dareus and kw, but i think its more than that and he is due some credit :beer:

Prob a combo of both. He was much improved this year. This is a loss. Lets hope Carrington lights it up. It's time for him to step up anyway. He has his opportunity now. I'd also like to see Batten get some more playing time. He's been great on special teams.

Edited by RyanC883

He's out. And might be out next week as well. He's having a good year, so even for the Kelsay haters (I have historically been one of them) this is a loss. That being said, Batten is taking his place and he is much better suited for contain against someone like Vick. He's probably undersized as a OLB in a 3-4, but I don't think you'll see many 3 man fronts against Vick. Batten is much quicker than Kelsay and is better equipped to change speed/direction. Plus, he is a great tackler (at least he has been so far). Not a huge loss, but our linebacker depth is questionable for sure.

According to Joe Buscaglia's twitter Batten was taking 1st team reps in place of Kelsay.

I am excited to see what Batten can do. He plays fast and hard and has been an animal on STs so far. I think he could be a legit pass rusher given the opportunity.

According to Joe Buscaglia's twitter Batten was taking 1st team reps in place of Kelsay.

It will be interesting to see what Batten can do with full-game reps. Unfortunately i didn't catch many of the preseason games to see him play.

I think you're all jumping the gun. It said he felt a "twinge" in his calf. He didn't practice today, but that could just be precautionary.

It's not like Kelsay to miss a game, so I think I'll wait and see what happens.

Gailey on bb.com said he's out, and Batten is taking first team reps, which I think is what prompted the first post on this a few up.

Why do people keep saying Batten is undersized for a 3-4 OLB? The dude is 6-4 240 plus.

Any more weight and good luck in coverage or running down rb's (or vick)

Im glad he's finally going to get some real gametime logged. Moats too. Bring on the young guns! Whats the worst that can happen, we give up 400 yards on defense..... Oh wait, we already do.....

Why do people keep saying Batten is undersized for a 3-4 OLB? The dude is 6-4 240 plus.

Im glad he's finally going to get some real gametime logged. Moats too. Bring on the young guns! Whats the worst that can happen, we give up 400 yards on defense..... Oh wait, we already do.....

Everyone knows that all our LB's should be an inch taller and weigh 10 more pounds. Only then will they not be undersized

Yeah nobody is saying Von Miller is undersized......

If you are going for height/weight comparisons it really is the height that gets harped on....and at 6-4 Batten is just fine

This is a fanatastic opportunity! Unfortunately Mr Kelsay being injured has created it. But wow we will get to see alot of new stuff from Wannsmeister.

We bring Carrington Batten Moats and who knows maybe bryan scott to play the spot. maybe davis moves over at times.

I feel a little guilty and i wish Chris well but this is a chance for the youngsters to shine and its time for the Blitzes. oh and Morrison can play more too. sorry Kirk.

and before any retorts about why we do not have alot of rotation at that side, is because you keep the money player..s on the field.

Now we can loosen it up a little. Let the dawgs run i say!

Go Bills!

Edited by 3rdand12

Kelsay's improvement has very pleasantly shocked me. There needs to be a way for Batten and Carrington to get more playing time tho. They need to keep at it and earn it. Want to see Moats get more xp. Hated seeing Antonio Coleman go. Being frustrated about depth players not getting enough playing time is a good problem to have tho. Next years draft will be interesting seeing some of our fav depth players getting pushed out. Possibly a starter or two as well. I hope Kelsay is good to go but also want some good rotation to give the young guys needed xp.

This >

His sack/FF on Dalton (that ended up being reversed by the "tuck rule") was as good as it gets. He basically bent Dalton in half--looked like a Bruce Smith highlight.

Hope he's okay.

Kelsay plays much better with his hand on the ground. The Bills don't play a regular 3/4 D. It's more like a 3.5 D where half the time the OLB lines up as a DE. The Bills' 3.5 D (regression of the mean - towards the QB).