The Bills Have a coach

Finally the Bills seem to have a coach that is capable of making adjustments at half.

Chan showed why he is a great offensive minded coach today. He found Oaklands weakness and exploited it.

How many times over the last 11 years has the offense looked confused and could not make adjustments?

Or we would watch the other teams coaches make adjustments at half and then shut down the team in the second half?

The D still scares me some. I hope Edwards/Wanny can figure out something for NE next week.

Finally the Bills seem to have a coach that is capable of making adjustments at half.

Chan showed why he is a great offensive minded coach today. He found Oaklands weakness and exploited it.

How many times over the last 11 years has the offense looked confused and could not make adjustments?

Or we would watch the other teams coaches make adjustments at half and then shut down the team in the second half?

The D still scares me some. I hope Edwards/Wanny can figure out something for NE next week.

Honestly, I doubt there were many halftime adjustments on offense. The offense seemed to be fine in the first half, but a turnover, a few penalties, and drops plagued a lot of drives. They just executed better in the second half.

On defense, at a minimum, after halftime, we saw less success on the McFadden draws and screens, which was a good thing and maybe a product of some adjustments. The issue was not being able to get off the field on 3rd down, and some really solid QB play from Campbell.

If they had lost by 4 after kicking the short figgy would you still be saying that? (rather than going for 4th & inches)

Couple thoughts...the final offensive play for Buffalo was really a well thought out/designed play. The fact that it was 4th & 1 and the Bills had a TO made the Raiders play honest. Spiller cleared out the middle and nobody followed Nelson. Really a nice play.

Merriman gives up the edge way too often. I don't remember a play he made.

Kelsay...two nice plays in the first half. If they can keep him on the d-line he'll help.

No pressure on Campbell, and not much blitzing (or at least effective blitzing).

Anybody want CJ Spiller to start? This was probably the best game I've seen him play and he was a second fiddle to Jackson. Spiller had a couple nice runs and One strong pass reception, but boy, Freddy can play the game.

Sorry folks...I know we're 2-0 but the lack of a deep threat is going to bite us in the ass. How many passes over 15 yards did Fitz attempt?

I'm not pissed about 4th and inches. It was early, and we were in a hole - sometimes, you just need to come away with points and get that goose egg off the scoreboard. With so much time left in the game, and an offense that could be relied on to get in position again, I think it was a defensible choice. And obviously, it worked. I think I would have probably gone for it if I was our coach, but ultimately, it's a reasonable call.

Don't underestimate the impact that getting told "you're not good enough" over and over again has on a group of men

I'm loving this team!

Agreed. Already people are dismissing us, saying that we're a garbage team that looks better than we are.

Well, the best cure for that is winning.

I agree. The D played horribly in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Both the pass and run defense exhibited problems. But now is not the time to dissect this or worry about the next game. Now is the time to celebrate!

If they had lost by 4 after kicking the short figgy would you still be saying that? (rather than going for 4th & inches)

Couple thoughts...the final offensive play for Buffalo was really a well thought out/designed play. The fact that it was 4th & 1 and the Bills had a TO made the Raiders play honest. Spiller cleared out the middle and nobody followed Nelson. Really a nice play.

Merriman gives up the edge way too often. I don't remember a play he made.

Kelsay...two nice plays in the first half. If they can keep him on the d-line he'll help.

No pressure on Campbell, and not much blitzing (or at least effective blitzing).

Anybody want CJ Spiller to start? This was probably the best game I've seen him play and he was a second fiddle to Jackson. Spiller had a couple nice runs and One strong pass reception, but boy, Freddy can play the game.

Sorry folks...I know we're 2-0 but the lack of a deep threat is going to bite us in the ass. How many passes over 15 yards did Fitz attempt?

The FG turned out to be the right call. We won by those 3 points. Also if Lindell hadn't missed the 2nd FG (no fault of Gailey's strategy), we could have averted all the drama of the red zone on the last drive by running the clock to :01 and kicking another FG, thereby winning 37-35.

the 4th and 1 call was inexusable........he should be fried for that........any coach with balls shows faith in their team and goes for it.........that was very "jauronesque" and regardless of the score was the wrong call.........he should be hung out to dry for being so cowardice (and would be if it ended up in a loss)

the 4th and 1 call was inexusable........he should be fried for that........any coach with balls shows faith in their team and goes for it.........that was very "jauronesque" and regardless of the score was the wrong call.........he should be hung out to dry for being so cowardice (and would be if it ended up in a loss)

Wow, really? Love that word "if".

Really? Winning the game doesn't count for anything? 35 points in the second half means nothing?

I would've loved to see them go for it and get it, but they drove down, came away with points, and went on to win.

Makes you wonder what all the experts know. Chan was a reject. Half our starters were rejects. Yet here we are.

PTR

I went to a couple of practices. I saw a really bad O-line, Jasper looked like a monster, and an offense that looked to be incapable of moving the ball - let alone scoring points. I am at least 0 for 3. The O-line looks pretty decent. Jasper has been switched to offense, and the offense today went 5 for 5 scoring TDs in the second half.

Did anyone see this coming?

OP is spot on. The way the players execute and plays seem to be drawn up, it is clear this team is well coached.

On offense. D secondary is beginning to look like the weakest unit on the team.

To be fair to the secondary, we had NO pressure on Campbell. He had all day, today.

To be fair to the Defensive game plan, it looked to me like the plan was "contain the run at all costs and dare Campbell to throw".

Which was somewhat successful, yes? McFadden is an incredible beast, and keeping him to <100 yds kept us in the game.

It looked to me like the Chargers game plan was "yes, as a matter of fact, we do have a passing game!" - take the dare.

The FG turned out to be the right call. We won by those 3 points. Also if Lindell hadn't missed the 2nd FG (no fault of Gailey's strategy), we could have averted all the drama of the red zone on the last drive by running the clock to :01 and kicking another FG, thereby winning 37-35.

Absoflutie!

Glad you're not the coach.

Good job on the comeback Chan, but that 4th and 1 was absolute chickens#@t! At home too! Any other team (but The Raiders) smells that kind of blood in the water and we get our butts handed to us.