Troup injured in practice

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if he hyperextended his left knee by resorting to his old habit of bending it to gain leverage trying to push Jasper out of the way ??.....

someone in another thread said Troup was Horrible....but he looked pretty good against detroits backups....(sarcasm).

i wonder if he hyperextended his left knee by resorting to his old habit of bending it to gain leverage trying to push Jasper out of the way ??.....

someone in another thread said Troup was Horrible....but he looked pretty good against detroits backups....(sarcasm).

Well, either you're right, or a half dozen people are. Given the choice...

I don't know what some of you are looking at or what you think a nose tackle does but troup has been doing a great job. He gets doubled which opens lanes for darues and merriman and frees up williams and ontop of that he blocks holes up the middle cuz his big a$$ gets double teamed. Do you know football or just critique it from the couch eating cheetoes and drinking beer?

:thumbsup: what he said!

Lets hope Troup can develop. These small injuries keep happening and they might take their toll on his development. I think if this is at all serious they would rather they maybe deactivate him for week 1 and let him rest his bad club and bad wheel. I think Heard can do just fine backing up Williams.

I wouldn't want to force a guy out there and either risk

1- Troup getting hurt again

2- Him taking a longer time to heal.

Edited by billsfan89

Wow...with all the ab and core work he did in the offseason it's surprising it's a back injury. Hopefully his conditioning will mean a shorter recovery.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with "the club", seems trying to get a push with unequal hands might lead to being off-balance a bit and straining the back?

Just thoughts. Anyway, hope he recovers quickly.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/09/07/troup-leaves-practice/

According to Buffalo Rumblings, it appears to be a lower body injury. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I'd like to see him healthy and develop more this year.

Jasper goes back to NT. Probably not so I think we need to draft another NT next year and a guy with some size, we already have Williams as our attacking NT/DT and we need a lane clogger and troupe is not it.

http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalDT34.asp

Wow...with all the ab and core work he did in the offseason it's surprising it's a back injury. Hopefully his conditioning will mean a shorter recovery.

That why he should have done real core work by focusing on squats and deadlifts not treating them as secondary work.

The only person who thought Troup was good was Troup. Invisible in preseason, over matched last season.

McCargo 2.0

Both of these comments are baseless. I watched the games and I saw a guy who consistently did his job at NT, and this was while wearing a cast. I also listened to the coach and player comments about him over the past several weeks and there's nothing to warrant this kind of comment. Sounds to me like maybe some fans don't like his name, or maybe they just want to see Jasper in there because hey he's Mike Jasper! Seriously, all Troup did this offseason was validate why they took him when they did.

People over react in both directions when it has come to Troup. IMO I thought he struggled last year, his biggest problem being that he gets pushed around a lot, and rarely penetrates. So far the opposing O-line has owned him both last season and this pre-season. When you watch the strength and talent from guys like KW, Dareus...Even Johsnon and Heard...You realize what Troup is NOT. In his defense, it's tough to judge him on this pre-season with a fairly serious injury.

The beauty of this whole situation is that we don't need him to be great, we just need him to be a backup/rotational guy. We have a very solid D line with Dareus, KW, Edwards, Johnson, and Heard...Plus we are massive on the line now...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Its funny. Last year I thought Troup looked kinda weak and thought he played like he shouldnt be in the league. Most posters where out there telling me how great he was playing... which wasnt true.

This preseason I have been pleasantly suprised with how much better he has looked. He still looks like a 2nd stringer, but thats OK with who we have. He looks like he belongs in the league now. He holds his own v the ron OK, but I would like to see him get better push v the pass. Now a lot of people are saying he sucks and is a bust.

Ill never understand what games some people are watching. He is light years better than he was last year. (maybe its cause he is going agaisnt the 2s more often?)

I have to agree. I really hoped he would develop, but like McCargo I think he's achieved his peak and it's not good enough. He may make a play rarely, but when he doesn't, he is no factor at all and doesn't help the team.

We are fortunatle to have Dareus -- he will make many plays.

After one year of playing only part time--you tools think he is done?

3 years. If he has not shown anything by then--then get rid of him. You don't piss away all of that scouting based on an assumption with limited knowledge of the situation (which is what you have)

The beauty of this whole situation is that we don't need him to be great, we just need him to be a backup/rotational guy.

The guy was drafted 41st. He needs to step it up to being a solid starter, potential pro bowler at some point. Back-up is not good enough. That's why we don't make the playoffs in 11 years. Expectations need to be raised of everyone

The guy was drafted 41st. He needs to step it up to being a solid starter, potential pro bowler at some point. Back-up is not good enough. That's why we don't make the playoffs in 11 years. Expectations need to be raised of everyone

Then you are going to be disappointed...

Especially with KW signed to a new long term contract

Edited by Turbosrrgood