Suh is a dirty player!

Robchester

Wrong.

Win at all cost.

Well, I respectfully disagree. Examine your own life, if you will. Do you revel in your outward accomplishments or the manner in which you achieved them?

"For when the scorer comes to mark against your name, he writes - not that you won or lost, but how you played the game."

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as could be seen from the TV, the GB OL shovedown was a perfectly legal move.

It was late/after the play

So, by your logic, a shove (done on every play in one form or another) is equal to kicking a man when he's down? Very interesting.

I believe Bill Romanowski would respectfully disagree with you... now.

No, you should re read what I wrote.

Well, I respectfully disagree. Examine your own life, if you will. Do you revel in your outward accomplishments or the manner in which you achieved them?

"For when the scorer comes to mark against your name, he writes - not that you won or lost, but how you played the game."

Well life is a bit different than football, but no not really. I cheated in almost every class I took in college and I really dont care. No one discounts the Patriots SB wins, even though everyone knows that they cheated and it gave them a distinct advantage. People still say Brady has 3 SB rings...but they dont mention that he never would have won all of them without cheating. In sports I would cheat as much as I could get away with to give myself every advantage I could get. I dont get upset when players are on steroids or HGH - I WANT the players on my team to be on those drugs bc it makes them better. In reality no one gives two schits. People dont protest Eagles games cause Vick killed dogs, they pack the seats wearing his jersey.

Bottom line is if you are cheating then you aren't trying, and getting a penalty or two (or getting caught cheating) is a good thing - because you know you are toeing a very fine line and pushing the envelope. Suh is losing his temper and is beginning to hurt his team with his antics, so he needs to tone it back just a bit(to the point of getting a roughing the passer every game or preferably every other game), but you bet your arse I would trade all the p****ies on our team for him in a heartbeat, stomping or not.

It wouldn't be that bad if he would man up & admit what he did but did you here his lame excuse that he was loosing his balance ?????

Man they got you on camera it's pretty freakin obvious what you did i hope he gets at least 2 games from the Commish & if his coach had any balls he'd at least make him ride the pine for 1 game any way .

It's a tough enough game with out a guy getting pissed & stomping on people !!!!

Well life is a bit different than football, but no not really. I cheated in almost every class I took in college and I really dont care. No one discounts the Patriots SB wins, even though everyone knows that they cheated and it gave them a distinct advantage. People still say Brady has 3 SB rings...but they dont mention that he never would have won all of them without cheating. In sports I would cheat as much as I could get away with to give myself every advantage I could get. I dont get upset when players are on steroids or HGH - I WANT the players on my team to be on those drugs bc it makes them better. In reality no one gives two schits. People dont protest Eagles games cause Vick killed dogs, they pack the seats wearing his jersey.

Bottom line is if you are cheating then you aren't trying, and getting a penalty or two (or getting caught cheating) is a good thing - because you know you are toeing a very fine line and pushing the envelope. Suh is losing his temper and is beginning to hurt his team with his antics, so he needs to tone it back just a bit(to the point of getting a roughing the passer every game or preferably every other game), but you bet your arse I would trade all the p****ies on our team for him in a heartbeat, stomping or not.

Ah well, such is life. Most have cheated, of course...but what little solace may be found in the material gain therein!

Remember, the cheater observes his spoils not sweetly but with disdain.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Cheating in football gets you a flag and a few yards. Being a scumbag gets you suspended.

Man I hope you don't have children.

Hi Mr Skilling. Welcome to TSW

Oh, but I *did* read what you wrote. And I replied accordingly. This is your response? Not surprised, coming from an admitted cheater. :thumbdown:

I would trade all the p****ies on our team for him in a heartbeat, stomping or not.

LOL. You'd trade everyone on our team for a headcase that will be fined, suspended, and eventually chased out of the league within five years? Glad you aren't making personnel decisions.

Wow, now that's the attitude that made our country great - NOT.

Yeah, shame on all of those doctors who made it to the top by *gasp* -- STUDYING! According to the logic that prompted your response (correctly so, BTW), all that studying meant they weren't "trying." :rolleyes:

Since some in the NFL will always endorse the "win at all costs" philosophy, Suh needs a 2-game suspension. On top of him costing his team a touchdown, that will make the point that these actions will not be allowed to help teams win. When you can't appeal to decency, deterrence is the only option. The precedent of a 5-game suspension applied to Haynesworth's stomp on a player's exposed face resulting in 30 stitches; despite Suh's attitude this incident cannot be penalized as severely as the Haynesworth situation, since it did not injure the player and was generally less likely to cause serious injury. 1 game suspension for Suh's actions and 1 for his denial/attitude should be fair. As with any other offense, if he continues to play in ways likely to injure other players, he should receive escalating fines and suspensions.

First off, Suh isn't a dirty player. That play where he rips off Delhomme's helmet was the only dirty play i saw. Don't even get me started on that hit on Cutler. That was a clean shove. He also got penalized for tackling Marion Barber by the hair? TOTALLY LEGAL. Not Suh's fault that he made a tackle within the rules. He shouldn't be penalized for being strong and aggressive.

what say ye now ?

Edited by papazoid

DETROIT -- Thursday will go down as the day Ndamukong Suh lost his innocence. No longer can there be a reasonable debate about the style and intent of his play, much less his comprehension of its consequences, not after his game ejection and subsequent explanation after the Detroit Lions' 27-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

The entire nation watched Suh pound the head of Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith into the ground three times and then stomp on him as the two were separated. Many of you saw his postgame comments, a scary mix of manic sentences and paranoid conspiracy theories that suggested the gulf between Suh and the NFL's accepted way of life is widening rather than closing here at the end of his second season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/34886/delusion-and-reality-for-ndamukong-suh

i hope they suspend suh for the entire rest of this season.

Who do you think can be that bad ass edgy player for us? Wood? Carrington? K. Willimas?

Big difference between being Bad Ass Edgy (what ever that even is?) and Dirty. Being dirty might have cost the Lions the game yesterday, stopping the Pack on 3rd and goal, only to have a penalty and give them first and goal, then not to mention being kicked out and not being there for your team for the rest of the game. Suh has to get suspended this time, it was so blatant. You don't want a dirty player like that on your team, the negatives far outweight the positives.