Dear Mr. Brandon, Instead of coming down on the fans.

Win some f'ing games, tool.

Instead of f'ing about trying to harass smokers, and inevitably failing in your efforts....win some f'ing games. Your 3 Neon Nazis aren't going to stop a pack of 80 people from smoking, ever. People will be less likely to go out and smoke, or even think about it, if they don't want to miss the, winning, action on the field.

Instead of f'ing about trying to stop people from drinking so much, and inevitably failing in your efforts...win some f'ing games. People will be much less likely to hit the concession stand for that final beer that sends them over the edge, if they don't want to miss the, winning, action on the field. Hell, people won't even drink that much before the game, because they won't want to miss what happens.

Instead of f'ing about with parking and everything else that simply wasn't a problem when we were winning games....focus on job #1! Win some f'ing games!

I'll make this as simple as I can so that people in marketing, like you, can understand it. There is absolutely no way in hell you are ever going to get people to stop:

drinking

smoking when they drink

chasing women(without boyfriends mind you)

swearing

harassing(good natured mind you) opposing fans

because this is Buffalo, and that's how we roll. When I was 10 my grandfather was tailgating in the parking lot, handing out cherry bounce shots to whoever would cheer when he said "Go Bills", and giving the Jets fans crap about drafting Ken O'Brien instead of Marino. Nobody was getting arrested, there wasn't a problem. What's the only difference here? Back then we would win some f'ing games!

The fans are going to do these things, as we always have, and you will FAIL by placing your focus on us. You will WIN the second you realize that winning makes us do all of those things LESS! Wake the f up and realize it really is that simple. You can blow coming down on the fans, and accepting exactly 0 of the blame for the last 10 years, right out your ass.

This is your problem far and away more than it is the fans. You need to take demonstrable steps to correct your own bad behavior before you start talking about anyone else.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win some f'ing games, tool.

Instead of f'ing about trying to harass smokers, and inevitably failing in your efforts....win some f'ing games. Your 3 Neon Nazis aren't going to stop a pack of 80 people from smoking, ever. People will be less likely to go out and smoke, or even think about it, if they don't want to miss the, winning, action on the field.

Instead of f'ing about trying to stop people from drinking so much, and inevitably failing in your efforts...win some f'ing games. People will be much less likely to hit the concession stand for that final beer that sends them over the edge, if they don't want to miss the, winning, action on the field. Hell, people won't even drink that much before the game, because they won't want to miss what happens.

Instead of f'ing about with parking and everything else that simply wasn't a problem when we were winning games....focus on job #1! Win some f'ing games!

I'll make this as simple as I can so that people in marketing, like you, can understand it. There is absolutely no way in hell you are ever going to get people to stop:

drinking

smoking when they drink

chasing women(without boyfriends mind you)

swearing

harassing(good natured mind you) opposing fans

because this is Buffalo, and that's how we roll. When I was 10 my grandfather was tailgating in the parking lot, handing out cherry bounce shots to whoever would cheer when he said "Go Bills", and giving the Jets fans crap about drafting Ken O'Brien instead of Marino. Nobody was getting arrested, there wasn't a problem. What's the only difference here? Back then we would win some f'ing games!

The fans are going to do these things, as we always have, and you will FAIL by placing your focus on us. You will WIN the second you realize that winning makes us do all of those things LESS! Wake the f up and realize it really is that simple. You can blow coming down on the fans, and accepting exactly 0 of the blame for the last 10 years, right out your ass.

This is your problem far and away more than it is the fans. You need to take demonstrable steps to correct your own bad behavior before you start talking about anyone else.

:thumbsup:

Whatever responsiblities belong to Russ Brandon at this point, building the football team is no longer one of them.

How about classing up the TC experience then? Once you clear the merchandise gauntlet..I mean tent, it's gotten pretty spartan over the years. The food area was sad. Fried oreo trailer and the "food court"----pizza line ("we ran out of pizza"), burger/dogs line, and "Red Osier" (chubby guy on his cell phone with a metal bucket of roast beef on the counter in front of him).

Bring back Wegmans as sponsor!

I'm 32, and I have loved the Bills since my first game in 1984 (A year they went 2-14). There was a time when you could make fun of me, my friends and my family and still not arouse the level of wrath and ire that would erupt if you bad mouthed the Bills.

But I swore off going to Bills games in 2008 after the Cleveland game on Monday night. What ruined my "Game Day Experience"? It wasn't seeing people drunk or acting obnoxious, it was:

-Having to wait a half hour in line to get in (because apparently you can only enter at the gate designated on your ticket despite the fact they all lead to the same stadium).

-Having Gate 1 slammed shut on us because the security personnel felt people were getting "too rowdy". I'll spare you the suspense... it didn't calm the crowd down.

-Subjective refusals of entry by mean tempered security guards using no objective standard.

-Increased pricing for parking

-Watching a substandard product on the field

-Witnessing the Bills once again tanking another game at the last moment on national television.

I decided then and there that I can no longer in good conscious keep supporting an organization of such ill repute that continues to treat its fans with nothing but disgust and contempt.

It baffles me that so many of you can continue to blindly support this organization, much the same way it baffles me how a battered woman can continue to support her husband despite the fact he abuses her.

The owners of the stadium are responsible for what happens on the grounds of the stadium. Last year some drunk maniac almost went on a killing spree with his car. It was inevitable that there would be some kind of reaction to it. They are never going to take away tailgating, but the inmates have been running that particular asylum for a long long time so it's understandable that the county/team is trying to control the situation from now on.

I'm not arguing against the idea that the Bills need to start winning games. That's obvious. But that point has nothing to do with controlling the parking lot.

Edited by Pondslider

Amen to that Wad! That game was such a disappointment that most of the people we tail gate with decided not to renew their season tickets. I tried to stay away but I know he loves me and wouldn't beat me again. According to reports we have the 4th most rabid fan base in the NFL. Obviously the Bills Brass don't like that. They want tennis fans who are quiet and polite. All Pro parking is employed by the Bills, not the other way around. They don't dictate policy. Yeah maybe the NFL didn't think the ridiculous rules we put in place last year were enough. Maybe James Harrison has a point. Godell wields too much power. But if the fans can run Jauron and Modrak out of town I'm sure a little civil disobedience could make the Bills think twice about the elementary school policies that they are implementing.

The owners of the stadium are responsible for what happens on the grounds of the stadium. Last year some drunk maniac almost went on a killing spree with his car. It was inevitable that there would be some kind of reaction to it. They are never going to take away tailgating, but the inmates have been running that particular asylum for a long long time so it's understandable that the county/team is trying to control the situation from now on.

I'm not arguing against the idea that the Bills need to start winning games. That's obvious. But that point has nothing to do with controlling the parking lot.

I wouldn't be so sure that they will never take away tailgating. These rules are a slippery slope. Punishing tens of thousands of people for one drunken idiots mistakes seems like the wrong way to do it. I'm sure if some guy was mad at his girlfriend down town and drove into a bar in a fit of rage, that they wouldn't divert all traffic from downtown bars. If they are responsible for his actions, sue the **** out of him and make him an example. Statistically if you get that many people together there is bound to be a couple trouble makers/idiots to deal with. How about instead of ruining everyones good time you hire more security officials. I understand that this is one form of deterent, but you might be one of two people to side with the Bills out of the hundreds of comments that I've read so far. Hey according to many observers they won't be here for much longer anyway so we might as well go out partying.

Edited by Russ 'Em

Just like with the dodgers, I think the atmosphere at Ralph Wilson needs to improve. I have had season tickets for 7 years and like to tailgate and have fun at the game. For the past couple of season however, there has been about a 25% that a fan or fans around me have made going to the game a miserable experience. I have had friends and family insulted when they have done absolutely nothing. I tried the bills hot line once to deal with 3 problem fans, and nearly lost my season tickets when those I called security on simply made an accusation against me. If you have good people around you there is nothing better than going to a bills game. I decided to not get season tickets this year as I do not want the aggravation and do not want to lose my 1,000 dollars when trouble begins with someone sitting next to me. To bills fans credit, most of the bad experiences I have had have involved fans from the other team. The worst case was the last time Tampa Bay was in town. It was a game dominated by the bills, which led to the Tampa fans behind me getting very frustrated.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

Did it ever occur to you that this stuff gets handed down from the league? Send it to Goodell.

PTR

The league wanted to close Abbott Road so that fans from the South would park in the south and fans from the north would park in the north? I've been to many NFL stadiums, and I've never had less traffic before games as the Ralph. Ever. Over the last couple of years, you could almost pull right up to the stadium about 30 minutes after the lots opened. Once the initial tailgaters get in, traffic near the stadium is as light as anywhere in the NFL. This will now F$#@ it up.

What pisses people off is when Doofus Brandon gets up there and he says things like.....(paraphrasing), we hear from fans year after year about they want to get in quicker and get out quicker. BS. I've never said that. I never say half the things he says we think. Your at a football game. Expect some traffic. Simple as that. Kinda like Buddy Nix saying that the Bills were taking (did he say hundreds?) of calls per day for the head coaching job. LMAO. Yeah OK Buddy. And some people actually buy that stuff.

If you are making changes to curb some things that are going on.....just SAY SO RUSS. Otherwise, you come off as looking like you are killing the only thing that has been good about Buffalo Bills football for the last ten years.......the tailgating.

Win some freakin games. It's amazing, you wouldn't even need Toronto because you could then charge more for tix in Buffalo.

Ask Pirate fans how much winning does for a team. I know, I'm one of them. I went to PNC Park for the first time in 10 years (since the initial game at PNC), because the PRODUCT is good. It's amazing what competence, or just showing you are trying to win games, will actually do.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Brandon's job is no longer to make the team better and win more games. That is Nix, Gailey, Whaley, Overdorff's et al job. I doubt Brandon has any real say in personnel matters whatsoever.

He apparently did for 2 years and we know how that went.

The NFL isn't going to be a 16-17 billion dollar business in 9 years by embracing blue collar folks, so they're taking it upon themselves now to "clean up" as much as possible. It's already difficult for working people to attend games, and now they're chipping away at the tailgating. It may have happened already, but they'll cite improved game-day experience and safety as motivation for making these changes now. Russ "Mr. Smithers" Brandon is toeing the NFL corporate line and implementing changes under the auspices of helping fans. He could run for office with that PR background.

Now, if only the team he works for could win more than they'll lose. At some point, this will impact ticket sales, especially when Buffalo is sinking in December and playing meaningless games.

I love that a "tool" is a guy making 6 figures to work for a pro sports team. What does that make the person criticizing them on a message board? :pirate:

Here's a thought: why don't you stop killing yourself for 6 hours or so? Is it really that hard? I couldn't care less that people want to give themselves cancer, but stop freaking crying about it. They banned smoking in NYC parks and guess what? You can walk without seeing cigarette buds everywhere. The public shouldn't suffer because you can't control your "cravings." Stop whining.