Marcel Dareus 6'3'' 343 lbs

Dwan Edwards 6'3'' 300 lbs

Alex Carrington 6'5'' 304 lbs

Spencer Johnson 6'3'' 306 lbs

NT:

Kyle Williams 6'1'' 306 lbs

Torrell Troup 6'3'' 315 lbs

Leslie Michael Jasper 6'4'' 394 lbs

Good Lord that is a lot of beef. I can't remember seeing a group of DEs that large on any team. I hope it's all "good weight," especially Dareus and Jasper.

Very similar size as Haloti Ngata. He is listed at 6.4 350 and he plays DE for the Ravens.

We can only hope Dareus turns out to be just as good! (I now it's old news but he is one guys we should have drafted ad discussed here many times)

Really liking the future for our D.

DE:

Marcel Dareus 6'3'' 343 lbs

Dwan Edwards 6'3'' 300 lbs

Alex Carrington 6'5'' 304 lbs

Spencer Johnson 6'3'' 306 lbs

NT:

Kyle Williams 6'1'' 306 lbs

Torrell Troup 6'3'' 315 lbs

Leslie Michael Jasper 6'4'' 394 lbs

Good Lord that is a lot of beef. I can't remember seeing a group of DEs that large on any team. I hope it's all "good weight," especially Dareus and Jasper.

looks like carrington and spencer have both beefed up, i believe they were around the 275 lb range last year. i really hope that they do well as a unit this year. big and nasty sounds good to me!

Wasn't he listed around 317 during the combine/end of season at Bama? 343 sounded very high to me. That's NT weight, not 3-4 DE weight.

Yeah, when I had earlier mentioned that Dareus was listed at 343 (in the Maybin thread), I also mentioned that he weighed 319 at the combine.

When you're that big you've got about 15lbs that can be gained or lost rapidly. I'm not worried.

Well, since the combine, he's increased his body weight by about 6%… similar to a 170 pound man gaining 10 pounds… so it's not a big deal but not insignificant either.

As to Aussiebills comment about Torrell Troup, I recall Troup had tweeted that he had gained about 10 pounds, but he's still listed at the same weight as last year, 315… even though Maybin's weight has been adjusted downwards… kinda odd to me.

He's probably the fastest man at that size on the planet. As long as it doesnt slow him down, beef it up! Cant wait to see him and Williams on the line this year!!

Then again, it's not a playing weight that he should grow accustomed to. When Dareus is 27 instead of 21, 343 pounds is gonna be a lot more of a hassle. I suspect he'd operate better in t he 320 range for the long term.

Totally agreed though. I'm very optimistic about our DL this year. I think our run defense is gonna go from worst to average, which will have a big ripple effect on the team's success.

I am more than fine with Dareus being that size...IF they play him at NT. Everyone loves KW, but he doesn't have the bulk to jam up the middle...Dareus does.

Short arms or not, I think KW would do just fine at end. He's a beast. Plus they will surely be using pleny of 4-3, which means KW can play his more natural 4-3 penetrating DT position.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I am more than fine with Dareus being that size...IF they play him at NT. Everyone loves KW, but he doesn't have the bulk to jam up the middle...Dareus does.

Short arms or not, I think KW would do just fine at end. He's a beast. Plus they will surely be using pleny of 4-3, which means KW can play his more natural 4-3 penetrating DT position.

I am sort of of the same mind. KW has proven me wrong his whole career and I now consider him a great asset instead of a guy that we needed to find better than.

That being said I think that he made the most noise in the 4-3 alignment. He is a penetrating disrupter where as traditionally the 3-4 NT is a 2 gap plug the middle type guy. Even though he excels at his position in the 4-3 or the 3-4 I would like to see a bigger guy like the long shot Mike "Man Mountain" Jasper or a bulked up Torell Troup play the middle and have Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus at the end positions.

Can you imagine a defensive front left to right of Dareus, Jasper and Williams?!!?!? I am skeptical as hell but throw in a healthy Merriman on the edge....MY GOD! Forget about it!!!

Edited by PDaDdy

gotta be misprint he was 323 at bama ,but who knows, cutting lawns on a john deere isnt that good of a workout,,, now if hed of been using a pushmower,?,,lol

He was listed at 306 at Bama....

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dareus_marcell00.html

The main reason I was surprised by the weight was that he weighed in a the combine at 319lbs.....

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/marcell-dareus?id=2495478

Then again, it's not a playing weight that he should grow accustomed to. When Dareus is 27 instead of 21, 343 pounds is gonna be a lot more of a hassle. I suspect he'd operate better in t he 320 range for the long term.

Totally agreed though. I'm very optimistic about our DL this year. I think our run defense is gonna go from worst to average, which will have a big ripple effect on the team's success.

Im not worried about his size because I think he's just the "next generation" of player. The game and players are constantly evolving, getting bigger and stronger. Kyle Williams outweighs our biggest DL from the Super Bowl era by about 40 pounds.

That's another reason I love the way Buddy has drafted. Jauron was intent on getting smaller (which I will NEVER understand). Buddy has not only caught us up, but is pushing the envelope of big men.

It will be interesting to see how these kids play! :thumbsup:

Well, he was using one of those riding lawn mowers in the offseason. Not a push one. Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure that weight number is wrong. 343 or not, this dude is a beast. He put Urbik (a pretty big dude himself) on his ass in camp. Marcell is going to be an impact player this year kind of like Suh. He's not going to need a lot of time to develop. The similarities between the Bills D and Bama D are huge. His learning curve is going to be much less than the average D-Lineman.

The bigger the better, I have been dreaming of getting back to the 34 since we went 43 (its my preferred Defense and was pissed when we changed) and now we finally have the horses to do it.

"my preferred Defense" after studying all the complexities and nuances of the 3-4 vs. 4-3, and some hybrids of both, "my preferred Defense" is the one that doesn't allow the other team to score more points than our team does. I hope we have the right players for that system.

i think the Bills may be trying something new, they will strap Maybin onto Dareus's back and he will ride Dareus into the backfield and then break off of him and go for the sack

Gailey is pretty good with the trick plays

They ran this exact play at practice yesterday...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HI2zuNh7HD8/Td7JXIaFrGI/AAAAAAAAAg4/qSNsrcYjEzA/s1600/master-blaster.jpg

gotta be misprint he was 323 at bama ,but who knows, cutting lawns on a john deere isnt that good of a workout,,, now if hed of been using a pushmower,?,,lol

All of the DE's (but not the DT's) seem to be high. Possible misprint, possible weight gain. I'm rooting for misprint. Dareus was 319 at the combine. He didn't gain 24 lbs. of muscle since then.

People used to say "the bigger the better" about Mike Williams, too.

I am sort of of the same mind. KW has proven me wrong his whole career and I now consider him a great asset instead of a guy that we needed to find better than.

That being said I think that he made the most noise in the 4-3 alignment. He is a penetrating disrupter where as traditionally the 3-4 NT is a 2 gap plug the middle type guy. Even though he excels at his position in the 4-3 or the 3-4 I would like to see a bigger guy like the long shot Mike "Man Mountain" Jasper or a bulked up Torell Troup play the middle and have Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus at the end positions.

Can you imagine a defensive front left to right of Dareus, Jasper and Williams?!!?!? I am skeptical as hell but throw in a healthy Merriman on the edge....MY GOD! Forget about it!!!

I like it...But Jasper is a long way from making this team, let alone cracking the starting line up. If he does actually pan out, that would be one beefy line... I would guess there would be a better chance of some rotation as opposed them all being on the field at the same time, but it is certainly a different roster at that position now...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Guys prepare differently for the combine than they do for training camp. The combine is all about numbers, not playmaking. They want to get faster in the drills for the stopwatches to increase their measurables and get drafted higher. If he was 319 at the combine it's easy to imagine he is 343 now.

That said, by the time the season starts he will probably be 330 or so. He moves very fast for a guy his size. Me thinks we gots ourselves a studly.

I like it...But Jasper is a long way from making this team, let alone cracking the starting line up. If he does actually pan out, that would be one beefy line... I would guess there would be a better chance of some rotation as opposed them all being on the field at the same time, but it is certainly a different roster at that position now...

My guess is that they put Jasper at just under 400 lbs. He's likely more.