Bills fan response chart to free agency

Well thats what happens I guess. I personally think Poz is well worth what he got in Jax, but Whitner would be overpaid at that contract. Some poster may say the opposite. O well, the only constant is the Bills always make the wrong move.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We keep a player: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. Great, lets keep this 4-12 team intact. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose a player: "WTF is wrong with this front office? Ralph is cheap! Now we're worse than a 4-12 team! I swear I'm done with this team!"

We sign a free agent: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. I saw him play once and I thought he sucked. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose out on a free agent: "WTF don't we have $39M in cap space? What are we saving it for? Friggin' Ralph is cheap! I swear I'm done with this team!"

PTR

:worthy:

We didn't get a QB, LT, RT, TE, OLB, shut down CB, Kicker, punter and Poz and kept Whitner ... I'm done with this team.

Cute post, but this "fan attitude" isn't reserved for Bills fans alone.

Just take a look at ANY fan forum of a sports team with an equivalent playoff drought such as Buffalo, you'll find the same song and dance.

It's human nature and it's everywhere, not just "Bills fans at their finest".

Agreed that it's immature, annoying, and embarrasing though! :thumbsup:

I love your posts. You try belittle anyone who criticizes one of the worst (maybe bottom 5) organizations in all of pro sports, and make them feel like they aren't fans because they aren't superhomers.

Come on Russ, just tell us it's you. Please. I swear PTR, you are the epitomy of a company line guy. You seriously should work for the Bills. You are their best spokesman, and certainly a hell of a lot better than Chris Brown. At least you don't try to act like a journalist, like Brown does. You just wear your heart on your sleeve.

I admire you for not getting frustrated at these goofballs running this franchise. I wish I had your patience. I guess my 8, 10 hour drive to games each year and wasted money make me stew over this team way too much, as I ride back through giddy Pittsburgh and around and close in to Baltimore and their real NFL franchises on my way home from Buffalo each home game. Oh well, at least I can also revel in everyone in Washington being miserable too on my way home. It helps some I guess.

You completely misunderstand the point of this post and the problem afflicting many Bills fans such as yourself. It's not that we don't disagree with many decisions the team makes, but some people have entered into a pit of depression (some personal, some sports team related) and everything is the 'wrong' decision and the end of Buffalo ever winning another game.

Edited by jeremy2020

We keep a player: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. Great, lets keep this 4-12 team intact. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose a player: "WTF is wrong with this front office? Ralph is cheap! Now we're worse than a 4-12 team! I swear I'm done with this team!"

We sign a free agent: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. I saw him play once and I thought he sucked. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose out on a free agent: "WTF don't we have $39M in cap space? What are we saving it for? Friggin' Ralph is cheap! I swear I'm done with this team!"

PTR

Excellent!!!

Promo there is a whole new line we forgot.

The Gatriots make a move; "The Patriots just put the single greatest player in NFL history on their Roster and all we have is an undrafted free agent. Burn the stadium down!"

The Jests make a move; "The Jets just put the single greatest player in NFL history on their Roster and all we have is an undrafted free agent. Burn the stadium down!"

The Dolfish make a move; "The Dolphins just put the single greatest player in NFL history on their Roster and all we have is an undrafted free agent. Burn the stadium down!"

PTR

Dude you are by far the biggest troll on this site, are you related to Ralph or something? Anytime anybody has anything negative to say about the Bills you jump all over them for whinning or crying? Guess what? You're wrong, the Bills havent been in the playoffs in 11 years, its our right as paying fans to demand more in our teams. You're not a better fan becasue you will drink the kool-aid and never question the Bills. In fact that makes you a worse fan. Des a good parent let their kid do whatever they want? Or do they push and expect more out their kid? I just wish for once you would shut your pretentious mouth, you sit back and act like some wise sage but in reality your nothing. For years Ive seen you crap on people who have legitimate claims and concerns about this Bills, you have over 10k posts and not one of them worth a crap. SHut up and let people vent about their team.

I love your posts. You try belittle anyone who criticizes one of the worst (maybe bottom 5) organizations in all of pro sports, and make them feel like they aren't fans because they aren't superhomers.

Come on Russ, just tell us it's you. Please. I swear PTR, you are the epitomy of a company line guy. You seriously should work for the Bills. You are their best spokesman, and certainly a hell of a lot better than Chris Brown. At least you don't try to act like a journalist, like Brown does. You just wear your heart on your sleeve.

I admire you for not getting frustrated at these goofballs running this franchise. I wish I had your patience. I guess my 8, 10 hour drive to games each year and wasted money make me stew over this team way too much, as I ride back through giddy Pittsburgh and around and close in to Baltimore and their real NFL franchises on my way home from Buffalo each home game. Oh well, at least I can also revel in everyone in Washington being miserable too on my way home. It helps some I guess.

+1

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

How is anything I wrote "being a company line guy?" I'm just pointing out the endless contradiction in fan attitudes here. There doesn't seem to be any move the Bills make that anyone likes. Sign a player, lose a player, hire a coach, it doesn't matter...it's always the WRONG move!

PTR

Nonsense. Let them sign Boss and/or Clabo and there will be nothing but cheers. And, you don't get to 4-12 without making multiple "wrong moves."

Dude you are by far the biggest troll on this site, are you related to Ralph or something? Anytime anybody has anything negative to say about the Bills you jump all over them for whinning or crying? Guess what? You're wrong, the Bills havent been in the playoffs in 11 years, its our right as paying fans to demand more in our teams. You're not a better fan becasue you will drink the kool-aid and never question the Bills. In fact that makes you a worse fan. Des a good parent let their kid do whatever they want? Or do they push and expect more out their kid? I just wish for once you would shut your pretentious mouth, you sit back and act like some wise sage but in reality your nothing. For years Ive seen you crap on people who have legitimate claims and concerns about this Bills, you have over 10k posts and not one of them worth a crap. SHut up and let people vent about their team.

+1

You are a serious jerk. If you have a differing opinion, fine, but your post is a personal, insulting childish attack. Grow up.

Nonsense. Let them sign Boss and/or Clabo and there will be nothing but cheers. And, you don't get to 4-12 without making multiple "wrong moves."

To the point of PTR's original tounge in check but accurate post, who they sign does not matter, the range of resposne from the masses here would be the same. Pretty well documented. On the Poz signing, I have already seen the entire range. If we signed Clabo, for what no doubt would need to be rediculous money, you would see the same thing. While ther might be some initial excitement, after the first sack he gives up, or if he got injured, the world would indeed turn quickly. Its the nature of a forum like this. I thought PTR's summation of it was quite humorous and dead on.

We're all frustrated but there comes a point where you have to just accept the team as it is and hope they find their way out of the fog

PTR

I'm not trying to be offensive but is this how you live your life? If something is bad just deal with it and move on? That is the definition of a good ol cooperate lemming.

What you fail to realize in your original post is that all of those quotes, while true and mildly entertaining, are the symptoms of a fanbase that has been repeatedly taken advantage of by this inept organization.

And as we wake up to the news of the Pats signing Haynesworth (See Dillon and Moss) and that the Jets locking up Santonio and possibly Namdi, the Bills sit back and let the market run dry. If you're cool with that then I would question YOUR passion as a Bills fan.

Hysterical post !!!

For those who agree with it - you are the glass-half-empty pessimists that need to calm down.

Go see the Merriman article from today's Bflo News & posted here on TBD!

Take note the Bills are talking to Burnett, Clabo and Babin!!

Now if they would just go after Zack Miller . . . .

I'm not trying to be offensive but is this how you live your life? If something is bad just deal with it and move on? That is the definition of a good ol cooperate lemming.

What you fail to realize in your original post is that all of those quotes, while true and mildly entertaining, are the symptoms of a fanbase that has been repeatedly taken advantage of by this inept organization.

And as we wake up to the news of the Pats signing Haynesworth (See Dillon and Moss) and that the Jets locking up Santonio and possibly Namdi, the Bills sit back and let the market run dry. If you're cool with that then I would question YOUR passion as a Bills fan.

Couldn't agree more. What the OP fails to consider is why the fans act the way they do. I would argue it's because the Bills don't deserve the benefit of the doubt on any move they make.

If you check my profile you'll see I an one of the original TBD members going back to 1998 when it was part of the Rochester D&C, before SDS took over full time. In those 13 years I've seen the same things posted over and over.

You know what they say about the definition of madness? Then what does it mean when you see someone who hates everything the team does with over 5,000 posts?

I'm just saying that eventually you have to accept who the Bills are. While venting about them may be cathartic, there comes a point where it borders madness.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

PTR

Well I guess we don't need the board anymore. Great!!!!! :blush: