Bills fan response chart to free agency

How is anything I wrote "being a company line guy?" I'm just pointing out the endless contradiction in fan attitudes here. There doesn't seem to be any move the Bills make that anyone likes. Sign a player, lose a player, hire a coach, it doesn't matter...it's always the WRONG move!

And by the way I also have an 8-9 hour drive to games. We're all frustrated but there comes a point where you have to just accept the team as it is and hope they find their way out of the fog, or find a new team to follow, because the endless negativity we generate doesn't change anything at One Bills Drive.PTR

Why would anyone, year after year, just accept underperformance as it is and simply hope for a change?

Not sure why you bother to point out the bolded part--neither does unquestioning support.

This is a fan site. It's not for anyone to question anyone else's "fandom". Suggesting that someone either stop offering criticism (which by nature, is rarely "positive") or follow another team betrays the likelihood that you don't understand the purpose of these forums or even what a fan is.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you check my profile you'll see I an one of the original TBD members going back to 1998 when it was part of the Rochester D&C, before SDS took over full time. In those 13 years I've seen the same things posted over and over.

You know what they say about the definition of madness? Then what does it mean when you see someone who hates evening the

That works both ways PTR. While the same fans who are fed up with the ineptitude say the same things you have been there with the same canned response.

What's the definition of madness insanity again? :D

Dude you are by far the biggest troll on this site, are you related to Ralph or something? Anytime anybody has anything negative to say about the Bills you jump all over them for whinning or crying? Guess what? You're wrong, the Bills havent been in the playoffs in 11 years, its our right as paying fans to demand more in our teams. You're not a better fan becasue you will drink the kool-aid and never question the Bills. In fact that makes you a worse fan. Des a good parent let their kid do whatever they want? Or do they push and expect more out their kid? I just wish for once you would shut your pretentious mouth, you sit back and act like some wise sage but in reality your nothing. For years Ive seen you crap on people who have legitimate claims and concerns about this Bills, you have over 10k posts and not one of them worth a crap. SHut up and let people vent about their team.

+1

Don't be mad because his posts is bigger than yours :devil: . I have seen PTR be critical of the Bills plenty of times over the years I have been visiting TSW. If you were actually able to read what he had posted within the borders of it's intended context you would have understood that he isn't drinking the cool aid as much as calling out people for the obnoxious knee-jerk reactions to everything and their tendency to blast about it here. I haven't always agreed with the people here but I don't think making personal attacks is the way to go about things. But if we are, a guy with 37 posts, the most recent of which being this atrocity i see above, is more likely to be a troll than someone who has been around for over 10 years. However, if you have some riddles to ask me, I kind of want to cross that bridge you are guarding...

We keep a player: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. Great, lets keep this 4-12 team intact. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose a player: "WTF is wrong with this front office? Ralph is cheap! Now we're worse than a 4-12 team! I swear I'm done with this team!"

We sign a free agent: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. I saw him play once and I thought he sucked. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose out on a free agent: "WTF don't we have $39M in cap space? What are we saving it for? Friggin' Ralph is cheap! I swear I'm done with this team!"

PTR

point by point without the inflammatory rhetoric:

a. the bills have overpaid for existing players. i haven't seen anyone here argue against that point in the case of kelsey. haven't seen too much grumbling about other players. i think many wouldn't mind the bills overpaying if it translated into wins.

b.this is well documented. how many ex bills did you see in the playoffs in recent years making significant contributions? part of the equation for building through the draft is keeping your good players. does anyone seriously argue that they have done well at this?

c. this is a strawman argument. most realize that we have to overpay to get top free agents. i haven't seen many argue that we shouldn't if it will help the team win. why are you and so many others so worried about wilson's money? he worries plenty for all of us.

d. legitimate question as stated minus the ending disparaging remark.

One of the best posts ever!

This is the format for a Jerry Sullivan article. He could quite possibly be the most negative reporter in News history. Watson is bad but Sullivan is worse. Enough of the BS already. Quit Bit_chin already! That's all you do.

Even though, I think we need to find a solution for beating The patriots and Jets, I find that it's wasted air by complaining about it daily. It will all change when Ralphy boy gives the reins to someone else. He's almost 100 It's bound to happen soon.

Nonsense. Let them sign Boss and/or Clabo and there will be nothing but cheers.

There were cheers when Dockery and Walker were signed.

Now they are the "prime" examples of how the Bills have to overpay to acquire free agents.

And, you don't get to 4-12 without making multiple "wrong moves."

If the Bills do sign Clabo, he better perform at an all-pro level.

Anything less and the bitching on this board will be how the Bills overspent to acquire him, proving yet again how Ralph's "cheap" and the FO is out of touch with today's NFL.

a. the bills have overpaid for existing players. i haven't seen anyone here argue against that point in the case of kelsey. haven't seen too much grumbling about other players. i think many wouldn't mind the bills overpaying if it translated into wins.

b.this is well documented. how many ex bills did you see in the playoffs in recent years making significant contributions? part of the equation for building through the draft is keeping your good players. does anyone seriously argue that they have done well at this?

c. this is a strawman argument. most realize that we have to overpay to get top free agents. i haven't seen many argue that we shouldn't if it will help the team win. why are you and so many others so worried about wilson's money? he worries plenty for all of us.

Jeezy Creezy, relax the Sphincter and smile. PTR's post was damn funny and any long time user of TSW knows that. If you can't have some fun on a fan board for your football team you're going to a walking spasm by seasons's end. Football is fun and you have an NFL team! Life is good!

Don't be mad because his posts is bigger than yours :devil: . I have seen PTR be critical of the Bills plenty of times over the years I have been visiting TSW. If you were actually able to read what he had posted within the borders of it's intended context you would have understood that he isn't drinking the cool aid as much as calling out people for the obnoxious knee-jerk reactions to everything and their tendency to blast about it here. I haven't always agreed with the people here but I don't think making personal attacks is the way to go about things. But if we are, a guy with 37 posts, the most recent of which being this atrocity i see above, is more likely to be a troll than someone who has been around for over 10 years. However, if you have some riddles to ask me, I kind of want to cross that bridge you are guarding...

Im not mad I could care less about posts or whatever, I am just sick people getting harrassed by people who have nothing better to do then harp over every word people say, if it doesnt agree with their blind-following mentality. I understand the intend of the OP, its not to hard to follow seeing how it is not deep and brooding. It really has no place on this board since it has nothing to do with Bills football. I would hardly characterize wanting more from an organization people spend their hard earned money on as a knee-jerk reaction. I come on here to read peoples different opinions, not to read someone always putting them down, I dont want people to stop posting their ideas and opinions because if they post something that goes against the grain of this like minded clique, they will be ripped to shreds. Yea I get it you guys have so many more posts so you must be way cooler than me. The truth is I never feel the need to post, I just like to read and listen. I only post when I feel I have to, not just to feel included. Ive been coming to this site for about 10 or 11 years, so although my "posts stats" dont show it I probably have a better idea of whats going then people who just love to post. Heres a riddle for ya: What has two thumbs and doesnt give a crap about you and stupid bridge? This guy.....Peace

Just maintain some perspective. Nothing the Bills did before 2010 should matter to this regime. Judge Nix/Chan on what they do, not what Wade/Donahoe/Williams/Meathead/Levy/Dickless did.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well put.

Jeezy Creezy, relax the Sphincter and smile. PTR's post was damn funny and any long time user of TSW knows that. If you can't have some fun on a fan board for your football team you're going to a walking spasm by seasons's end. Football is fun and you have an NFL team! Life is good!

It would have been be funny if from written from someone else's point of view (other than that of a serial excuser and scolder).

Just maintain some perspective. Nothing the Bills did before 2010 should matter to this regime. Judge Nix/Chan on what they do, not what Wade/Donahoe/Williams/Meathead/Levy/Dickless did.

PTR

"Perspective", huh? That's rich. Anyway, that's quite a long list you give--yet you can't seem to find "perspective" in it--plenty of irony in this post. Also, there has been no "regime change" in the last dozen years. You might want to redact that.

Edited by Mr. WEO

PTR

While appreciate your outlook I can't relate or understand it in any way.

Enjoy the 9 hour drive into inevitability though!

I guess if some people didn't feel pain they'd feel nothing at all.

PTR

One of my favorites:

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong."

:beer:

life is good!...it's the bills that suck but i agree: in regards to the bills, "if that's all there is, then lets keep dancing" :thumbsup:

Wow...I never saw this coming from this dead on, tongue in cheek post.

You people need to relax....I don't see how this could be construed as a personal attack?

Keep'm coming PTR....I like your posts.... :beer:

Take PTR's history and some of his own words from this very post and you might see where some are coming from. The post is funny but that doesn't make his status as Bills defender and status quo attitude non existent.