Bills fan response chart to free agency

We keep a player: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. Great, lets keep this 4-12 team intact. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose a player: "WTF is wrong with this front office? Ralph is cheap! Now we're worse than a 4-12 team! I swear I'm done with this team!"

We sign a free agent: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. I saw him play once and I thought he sucked. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose out on a free agent: "WTF don't we have $39M in cap space? What are we saving it for? Friggin' Ralph is cheap! I swear I'm done with this team!"

PTR

LOL, Maybe the best post ever!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We keep a player: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. Great, lets keep this 4-12 team intact. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose a player: "WTF is wrong with this front office? Ralph is cheap! Now we're worse than a 4-12 team! I swear I'm done with this team!"

We sign a free agent: "We overpaid. No one else wanted him. I saw him play once and I thought he sucked. I swear I'm done with this team!"

We lose out on a free agent: "WTF don't we have $39M in cap space? What are we saving it for? Friggin' Ralph is cheap! I swear I'm done with this team!"

PTR

pretty sure this is endorsed by 95% of Bills fans.

Now everyone who hated on Promo for posting this, take a look at the reactions to the Brad Smith signing. Tell me you aren't laughing.

maybe i scanned the threads too quickly...reaction seemed positive overall, especially given that there are positions of greater need not yet filled. does making that point alone qualify someone as a whiner? never mind, i can anticipate the answer and i disagree.

maybe i scanned the threads too quickly...reaction seemed positive overall, especially given that there are positions of greater need not yet filled. does making that point alone qualify someone as a whiner? never mind, i can anticipate the answer and i disagree.

So by signing Brad Smith it means, in your eyes, that the Bills are done signing players and will not try to fill needs on the team?

To be fair, I was looking at the shoutbox when I posted that. Lots of guys crying about how we're overpaying him.

Edited by LeviF91

I'm not trying to be offensive but is this how you live your life? If something is bad just deal with it and move on? That is the definition of a good ol cooperate lemming.

What you fail to realize in your original post is that all of those quotes, while true and mildly entertaining, are the symptoms of a fanbase that has been repeatedly taken advantage of by this inept organization.

And as we wake up to the news of the Pats signing Haynesworth (See Dillon and Moss) and that the Jets locking up Santonio and possibly Namdi, the Bills sit back and let the market run dry. If you're cool with that then I would question YOUR passion as a Bills fan.

When it's something you have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER, what exactly do you suggest? PTR's point is dead on. Either make the best of it or FIND ANOTHER TEAM.

Pretty simple.

Dude you are by far the biggest troll on this site, are you related to Ralph or something? Anytime anybody has anything negative to say about the Bills you jump all over them for whinning or crying? Guess what? You're wrong, the Bills havent been in the playoffs in 11 years, its our right as paying fans to demand more in our teams. You're not a better fan becasue you will drink the kool-aid and never question the Bills. In fact that makes you a worse fan. Des a good parent let their kid do whatever they want? Or do they push and expect more out their kid? I just wish for once you would shut your pretentious mouth, you sit back and act like some wise sage but in reality your nothing. For years Ive seen you crap on people who have legitimate claims and concerns about this Bills, you have over 10k posts and not one of them worth a crap. SHut up and let people vent about their team.

+1

This +1

I love your posts. You try belittle anyone who criticizes one of the worst (maybe bottom 5) organizations in all of pro sports, and make them feel like they aren't fans because they aren't superhomers.

Come on Russ, just tell us it's you. Please. I swear PTR, you are the epitomy of a company line guy. You seriously should work for the Bills. You are their best spokesman, and certainly a hell of a lot better than Chris Brown. At least you don't try to act like a journalist, like Brown does. You just wear your heart on your sleeve.

I admire you for not getting frustrated at these goofballs running this franchise. I wish I had your patience. I guess my 8, 10 hour drive to games each year and wasted money make me stew over this team way too much, as I ride back through giddy Pittsburgh and around and close in to Baltimore and their real NFL franchises on my way home from Buffalo each home game. Oh well, at least I can also revel in everyone in Washington being miserable too on my way home. It helps some I guess.

+1. The worst part of these hilarious satirical threads which if I may add have been done before a billions times (sorry, but you're not clever or funny enough to be a writer for the Simpsons) is the gross generalizations. As if on a board of however many thousands of posters, everyone is either an optimist or a pessimist across the board...nobody is capable of offering an objective opinion on each transaction independent of others. I would challenge OP and others that if you have noticed a specific poster(s) blatantly contradict themselves just because they somehow get off on criticizing their favorite team, then go ahead and quote them and call them out. But these "Look at me, I'm smarter than you" tough guy schtick hiding behind a computer is flat out pathetic.

+1. The worst part of these hilarious satirical threads which if I may add have been done before a billions times (sorry, but you're not clever or funny enough to be a writer for the Simpsons) is the gross generalizations. As if on a board of however many thousands of posters, everyone is either an optimist or a pessimist across the board...nobody is capable of offering an objective opinion on each transaction independent of others. I would challenge OP and others that if you have noticed a specific poster(s) blatantly contradict themselves just because they somehow get off on criticizing their favorite team, then go ahead and quote them and call them out. But these "Look at me, I'm smarter than you" tough guy schtick hiding behind a computer is flat out pathetic.

+1

You've nailed it.

Ha ha ha. Whatever. The reason I can do this for 10+ years is because there is a never ending supply of geniuses that join this board who think no one EVER made the points they are emphatically making. It's like a rerun of the same show. "11 YEARS WITHOUT A PLAYOFF APPEARANCE!!!" Duh, no schitt. Guess what? Ranting about it year after year hasn't changed anything, has it?

I look at every year as a new chance. I think Nix and Gailey know what they are doing but they are saddled with the stain of the Bills history. I'm willing to give them the time to see what they can do. Others can't wait for a microwave burrito without pissing themselves.

If that makes me a mediocrity-loving Ralph Wilson apologist then so be it. I try to enjoy my fandom while other use it to fuel their manic depressive episodes. We all get it. The Bills suck from the top down. But if it's so bad then why in hell are you here?

PTR

PTR

thought the post was hilarious.

Now..... the secondary issues between posters here seem to have gained traction long before this thread and it is an interesting read. Count me as having been around here for a long time but I post very little/read a lot. For what it's worth, I think PTR, John, WEO and the like are all good posters who have 'entertained' me, and presumably others, for a long time. The point I see is that reviewing history is a dicey play.

A wise man told me once you only need two things in life to be successful: First, you need to be able to read. Second....you have to have 20/20 hindsight. We all get overly excited or overly depressed at times. It's human nature/error. The 'retrospectoscope' only magnifies the errors/ignorance/success of our stances. In a very Breakfast Club sense, all Bills fans/posters have been a pacifist, a homer, a yes man, a dissenter/hater and a cheerleader.

Save your 'passion' for the trolls.....

PTR

You, Mr. Robotical One, are the winner of The Best Post Of The Week.

PTR

So are you done with this team?

Ha ha ha. Whatever. The reason I can do this for 10+ years is because there is a never ending supply of geniuses that join this board who think no one EVER made the points they are emphatically making I am a robot!. It's like a rerun of the same show. "11 YEARS WITHOUT A PLAYOFF APPEARANCE!!!" Duh, no schitt. Guess what? Ranting about it year after year hasn't changed anything, has it?

I look at every year as a new chance. I think Nix and Gailey know what they are doing but they are saddled with the stain of the Bills history. I'm willing to give them the time to see what they can do. Others can't wait for a microwave burrito without pissing themselves.

If that makes me a mediocrity-loving Ralph Wilson apologist then so be it. I try to enjoy my fandom while other use it to fuel their manic depressive episodes. We all get it. The Bills suck from the top down. But if it's so bad then why in hell are you here?

PTR

I just hate how everyone has to completely overreact to everything that happens all the time. PAtience is dead for whatever reason. Everything has to be the best and worst all time.

The Bills are 4-12 and are trying to build a foundation. There will be some ups and downs (especially until we get a young franchise Qb).

Ha ha ha. Whatever. The reason I can do this for 10+ years is because there is a never ending supply of geniuses that join this board who think no one EVER made the points they are emphatically making. It's like a rerun of the same show. "11 YEARS WITHOUT A PLAYOFF APPEARANCE!!!" Duh, no schitt. Guess what? Ranting about it year after year hasn't changed anything, has it?

Oh, so a fan on a message board doesn't effect team performance. Who knew? "If it doesn't improve the team then don't bother posting" - that's a great philosophy, except that then message boards wouldn't exist. Has your ranting about ranting changed anything?

I actually agree that the current regime gets less of a benefit of the doubt than say, John Butler did due to the team sucking for so long and maybe that's unfair. But hey that's life. I personally don't think drafting a RB with his first pick and re-signing Chris freaking Kelsay to a big contract is a good start to the Nix/Gailey era, but nobody is stopping them from proving us wrong.

PTR

I don't know, because they love the Bills? That would seem to be the only rational explanation. Unless you seriously believe people here just enjoy pretending to be fans of the worst franchises in sports (the KC Royals, the LA Clippers, etc)...