Macho Man Randy Savage RIP

Big Boss Man, Mr. Perfect, Chris Benoit, Miss Elizabeth, Bam Bam Bigelow, Earthquake, Eddie Guerrero, Road Warrior Hawk, Britsh Bull Dog Davey Boy, Ravishing Rick Rude, several others and now Randy ... :cry:

I did not know that Bam Bam Bigelow & Big Boss Man were gone.

I remember how horrifying Chris Benoit's death was.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best...I'll never forget watching Steamboat and him tearing it up at Wrestlemania 3 - I remember only being 8 at the time but thinking: "Now THAT'S wrestling!" After that match, I could never watch a Hulk Hogan kick-punch fest again.

Also a great match:

Was it a heart attack or car crash? I'm hearing different things.

Nevermind, he had a heart attack while driving and then crashed.

Edited by b.harami98

My Macho Man story....

Back in the mid 80's when WWF would still play the local high school gymnasium, I got the chance to attend an event in Watertown, NY. Randy was the main attraction that week, the only other I can remember there was Harley Race when he was still King Of The Ring. Anyways, at some point of the evening, the fire alarm starts going off because the concession stand was burning popcorn. They made everyone leave through different exits until the fire alarm was cleared. Since we were one of the last ones out the door, we were about 10 feet away from the building. There was a car parked right next to where we were standing. All of a sudden, the door to the building opens and out steps Randy and Miss Elizabeth. Elizabeth gets in the car and Randy stands next to it, watching the crowd with a wary eye while doing some stretches. Once they cleared the alarm, security had Randy and Elizabeth go in first before allowing any of us to head in.

So that's my close encounter with the Macho Man.

Wow, I know this may put me at risk for taking some crap, but I'm really saddened by this. Macho Man Savage was a huge part of my childhood and I pretty much idolized the guy. I still remember the very first time I saw him wrestle, it was an MSG match on tv and as he was walking to the ring you could hear him say, "get the cameras ready, cause you ain't NEVER seen anything like what I'm gonna do here." Over the next ten mins I saw him do just that - moves I had never seen before. I geeked out big time when he popped Chico Santana with the steel to win the IC title in the Boston Garden, and I even remember how my elderly aunts and grandma would gather around the tv with me during Saturday Night's Main Event, particularly for his match against the Honky Tonk Man when he took a guitar to the head.

It's funny, when you're growing up you just sort of assume that the people who are bigger than life (your parents, your movie heroes, sports heroes, etc) will live forever. Then as you get older and they start to pass away, it brings back just floods of memories. This is really a sad day....RIP Randy....OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ajzepp

RIP Macho Man, ooohhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhh!

Loved his wild promos, and I'll never forget when Jake the Snake's cobra bit him in the arm, it may have been de-poisoned, but that sh__ was still sick!

Wow, I know this may put me at risk for taking some crap, but I'm really saddened by this. Macho Man Savage was a huge part of my childhood and I pretty much idolized the guy. I still remember the very first time I saw him wrestle, it was an MSG match on tv and as he was walking to the ring you could hear him say, "get the cameras ready, cause you ain't NEVER seen anything like what I'm gonna do here." Over the next ten mins I saw him do just that - moves I had never seen before. I geeked out big time when he popped Chico Santana with the steel to win the IC title in the Boston Garden, and I even remember how my elderly aunts and grandma would gather around the tv with me during Saturday Night's Main Event, particularly for his match against the Honky Tonk Man when he took a guitar to the head.

It's funny, when you're growing up you just sort of assume that the people who are bigger than life (your parents, your movie heroes, sports heroes, etc) will live forever. Then as you get older and they start to pass away, it brings back just floods of memories. This is really a sad day....RIP Randy....OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

'Chico' Santana :lol:

Jesse the Body was great!

Was it a heart attack or car crash? I'm hearing different things.

Nevermind, he had a heart attack while driving and then crashed.

His wife escaped with minor injuries. Sort of infers he wasn't wearing a seat belt IF the injuries caused his death rather than the heart attack.

Either way, RIP Randy.

His wife escaped with minor injuries. Sort of infers he wasn't wearing a seat belt IF the injuries caused his death rather than the heart attack.

Either way, RIP Randy.

I read a report that they were both wearing seatbelts. Hauntily familiar to Rick Martin's death.

Bangarang, too soon?

Funny. Thing is I've never watched wrestling matches, never. Boring and fake, IMO.

Grown men fondling their hands over another mans body is something I've never been a fan of.

Not that I think anything less of you beerman. To each their own. :nana:

Jeez, I hated when we had to wrestle in grade school gym class. Now, had the wrestling been co-ed....

Funny. Thing is I've never watched wrestling matches, never. Boring and fake, IMO.

Grown men fondling their hands over another mans body is something I've never been a fan of.

Not that I think anything less of you beerman. To each their own. :nana:

Fair enough. My take is it's Gladiator Entertainment -2nd oldest profession on earth. You can't deny it's appeal. My young family was into it during the Macho Man/Hogan era, attending many shows. One in particular was a show in Rochester, staying at the same hotel w/ the WWE(F), back stage passes and Ringside seats. The new bad guy at the time, the Undertaker, spit on my son and Hogan bled on him during an apron bashing. That was it. The kid was hooked. Today, son Blain Rage -who doubles as a mild-mannered fitness trainer by day- is an up & comer in Wrasslin', just completing a weekend swing through Joisy & NYC. He's a show-stopper, if I do say so myself. But as his parents, we're doubly concerned about catastrophic injury and -of coarse, the terrible legacy.

P.S. Midget Wrestling -what's not to love about that?:w00t:

Should I give youy crap? :D

Ok... Macho Man inspired you to become a nurse.... :nana: