Ok... Macho Man inspired you to become a nurse.... :nana:

I can live with that lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great entertainer, sorry to see him go.

of course begs the question if steroids played a role in his heart attack

He was 58. A heart attack at that age really isn't all that rare.

I was such a HUGE Wrestling Fan in the 80's and 90's...Even into the early 2000's...Macho Man was always one of my favorites...Well...I liked looking at Miss Elizabeth a lot so... :thumbsup:

He was one of the all time greats...GREAT gimmick and he could back it up...Some of the Interviews he did with Mean Gene were Classics...They worked hand-in-hand, and could be hilarious at times...MM was amazingly quick in the Ring, especially in his younger days, and always seemed to put on decent Matches...He got REAL big later on...I mean in the WCW Days he was all blown up...I watched a GREAT Shoot-Interview with him right after he left WCW and the guy seemed SO down to earth and cool...The thing I liked most about him was he understood the Character and what he had built, and he did not want to dirty that up by appearing in lesser Programs over his later years...I LOVE that about him...The only thing I regret about his career is that they did not give him a chance to come back and Commentate on Matches after he was done Wrestling...I think he would have done awesome at that...He could be REAL clever on the Mic...

RIP Macho Man...One of the best ever...And there's really no doubt about it... B-)

And none of the 44 starters from Super Bowl XXV, also in 1991. That's rather alarming and a damnation on the culture of professional wrestling.

I'm no expert, but I think all the deaths have to do with the physical punishment of 330+ days on the road doing painful stunts, plus painkiller abuse, plus steroids, in that order. Yeah, steroids are always going to play a role with these guys long term health, but its more the physical toll of their lifestyle and profession than anything. That's also a pretty damning statistic for the "but wrestling is fake" crowd.

Wow, I know this may put me at risk for taking some crap, but I'm really saddened by this. Macho Man Savage was a huge part of my childhood and I pretty much idolized the guy. I still remember the very first time I saw him wrestle, it was an MSG match on tv and as he was walking to the ring you could hear him say, "get the cameras ready, cause you ain't NEVER seen anything like what I'm gonna do here." Over the next ten mins I saw him do just that - moves I had never seen before. I geeked out big time when he popped Chico Santana with the steel to win the IC title in the Boston Garden, and I even remember how my elderly aunts and grandma would gather around the tv with me during Saturday Night's Main Event, particularly for his match against the Honky Tonk Man when he took a guitar to the head.

It's funny, when you're growing up you just sort of assume that the people who are bigger than life (your parents, your movie heroes, sports heroes, etc) will live forever. Then as you get older and they start to pass away, it brings back just floods of memories. This is really a sad day....RIP Randy....OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way you do, so we can both take the crap together. I had a poster on my wall as a kid of Macho Man with Miss Elizabeth, who was wearing a white bikini, lookin real fine.

I feel the same way you do, so we can both take the crap together. I had a poster on my wall as a kid of Macho Man with Miss Elizabeth, who was wearing a white bikini, lookin real fine.

Right on, brother! :thumbsup: