Dareus is hot that he was drafted 3rd overall

Dareus is P.O.'d that two teams passed him up and plans on making them pay on the field: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/05/16/dareus-hot-about-going-3rd/

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus. ”Denver I’ll get a chance to play them in the regular season (this year) and I’m going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.”

Love Dareus' passion and intensity already. I'm looking forward to the Denver game already.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see him get pissed off at the Patriots* for being so good that they took themselves out of the running for his services. Or for not having the balls to trade up to get him.

How can you not love a kid fired up to play and do great things? I do not recall Mr. MayBe ever hinting at being motivated about playing other teams ...

Buddy and Chan are bringing in smart, talented players who are leaders with an attitude! I love seeing the new Bills way of playing no more bend until we stop them it is going to be stop them and then go out and score!

I'd like to see him get pissed off at the Patriots* for being so good that they took themselves out of the running for his services. Or for not having the balls to trade up to get him.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: To be able to see Dareus sack and nail Brady as often as possible would be awesome!!

I agree to some extent, but what arrogance.

Nothin' for nothin' PHF, but the kid's 21 years old, and just got drafted #3-overall by the NFL. Remembering what a brash young man I once was, I'm willing to cut him some slack...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Dareus is P.O.'d that two teams passed him up and plans on making them pay on the field: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/05/16/dareus-hot-about-going-3rd/

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus. ”Denver I’ll get a chance to play them in the regular season (this year) and I’m going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.”

Love Dareus' passion and intensity already. I'm looking forward to the Denver game already.

Love it!

Thurman had a lot better case to vent his anger over teams not drafting him than Dareus does. If he feels that way fine, but only having 2 teams to be PO'd at isn't much of a story. He should think about those other 29 teams that didn't trade up to get him & be mad at the entire league. :rolleyes:

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Gotta love it. Our 1st round pick hasn't even seen a practice field, been on the team less than a month, and already there are mouth breathers going after him for nothing more than showing passion and intensity and the desire to kick some ass.

Gotta love it. Our 1st round pick hasn't even seen a practice field, been on the team less than a month, and already there are mouth breathers going after him for nothing more than showing passion and intensity and the desire to kick some ass.

Maybe we could introduce him to some TSW habituals to get him properly focused...

If I ever get a chance to play Carolina Im going to make them pay for passing up on me, said Dareus. Denver Ill get a chance to play them in the regular season (this year) and Im going to make it hell for them every time I play against them.

I could understand if he slid like Da'Quan Bowers did or even maybe Nick Fairley but Dareus was selected 3rd overall and one of those selections was a QB which is quite typical of previous NFL drafts.

I'm actually surprised by the comment/statement by Dareus as he seems pretty mild mannered off the field. I could also understand the comments if Dareus was projected as the #1 pick for a lengthy period of time, but for quite a while until Bowers got injured, and Fairley's workouts weren't as spectacular as expected both players were actually projected ahead of Dareus, including Peterson, A.J. Green, and Von Miller typically at 5..not including Cam Newton... If those 2 scenarios unfolded differently with Fairley and Bowers..Marcell Dareus could've easily found himself somewhere between the 5th and 9th player selected in the draft. Dareus shot up the draft boards in the last month or so previous to the draft and dependent on team needs wasn't the best player available. That distinction probably would belong to Patrick Peterson at CB. Fortunately for Dareus it is rare that a CB is selected in the first few picks! Dareus should consider himself very lucky to be picked at #3 instead of some sort of entitlement and the mindset that he was somehow slighted. As a Bills fan I am very excited to have him, but my advice to him is if he isn't making positive statements in a humble sort of way...just play football when it's time and keep your mouth shut and let your playing justify the pick!!!! We don't need another Donte Whitner always twittering and telling everyone how he feels today about his Bills status...We don't need anyone predicting that we are going to the playoffs...We don't care what ticks you off or what you had for breakfast! What most Bills fans care about is how you perform on the football field, what kind of teamate you are, and the bottom line of how many wins the Bills amass thoughout the regular season!!!

Baiscally...Shut up and play ball (that's whenever the lockout is over!!!), until then train like you never trained before and come in and dominate as a rookie if you can?

Go Bills!

Edited by tonyjustbcuz