So we just drafted 3 DB's and not a single player

...to play football in Buffalo. I'm not impressed. The jury is still out on last year's draft and aside from Dareus, this draft is looking very suspect. I certainly hope that this crew knows something that I don't and doesn't turn out to be yet another 4 year cluster !@#$. Tic toc tic toc...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...to play football in Buffalo. I'm not impressed. The jury is still out on last year's draft and aside from Dareus, this draft is looking very suspect. I certainly hope that this crew knows something that I don't and doesn't turn out to be yet another 4 year cluster !@#$. Tic toc tic toc...

It seems to me you're being overly optimistic

WTF are you talking about? "so we just drafted 3 DBs and not a single player to play football on buffalo".....WHAT does that mean? Why is Aaron williams suspect? Why is Kelvin Sheppard suspect? Most players drafted in rounds 4-7 are "suspect". I'm a big fan of booze, but you should lay off a bit, it's having major effects. Bad ones.

I'm pretty sure they do...

That was the only thing in this whole post that made any sense. Of course they do. They spend countless hours on the ground scouting these players and watching film. And oh, by the way, most of them have devoted their entire lives to football. They are not just casual observers. So let me get this straight. In order to play football in Buffalo, you have to have grown up in a northern state? Absolutely ridiculous. I used to teach cold weather indoctrination classes in the Army in Alaska and some of my best soldiers hailed from places like Alabama and Mississippi. We actually lived outside in Alaska, we weren't just playing a game inside a stadium. Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

That was the only thing in this whole post that made any sense. Of course they do. They spend countless hours on the ground scouting these players and watching film. And oh, by the way, most of them have devoted their entire lives to football. They are not just casual observers. So let me get this straight. In order to play football in Buffalo, you have to have grown up in a northern state? Absolutely ridiculous. I used to teach cold weather indoctrination classes in the Army in Alaska and some of my best soldiers hailed from places like Alabama and Mississippi. We actually lived outside in Alaska, we weren't just playing a game inside a stadium. Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

I must say a lot of posters here believe this is true. Other than a few (usually meaningless) games in December, the weather isn't really significant factor in the way these home games are played.

I can pretty much say without a shadow of a doubt that Buddy Nix and the "crew" FORGOT more about Professional Football in the last WEEK than you have come to learn in your entire life.

How nice of you to elevate YOUR level of knowledge of the game and the NFL and college scouting to men who do it for a living.

I think we got 5 starters from this draft. Dareus will start day 1 and be a cornerstone on defense, Aaron Williams will start at some point this year and will be a good NFL CB, Kelvin Sheppard will start from day 1 and will be the perfect compliment to Puz, Searcy will be Whitner's replacement, and Hairston will be our starting RT at some point this year. The rest I'm not sure about.

I am quite sure they know a great deal more than you.

Also, we apparently failed to draft a left handed player in the 5th round for the 25th year in a row!!! It's outrageous!!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING????

It's the !@#$ing front office, they are a bunch of rightist bastards. Always have been always will be.

Also, we apparently failed to draft a left handed player in the 5th round for the 25th year in a row!!! It's outrageous!!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING????

Because Ralph is cheap and didn't want to pay for a left-hander!!

I think we got 5 starters from this draft. Dareus will start day 1 and be a cornerstone on defense, Aaron Williams will start at some point this year and will be a good NFL CB, Kelvin Sheppard will start from day 1 and will be the perfect compliment to Puz, Searcy will be Whitner's replacement, and Hairston will be our starting RT at some point this year. The rest I'm not sure about.

Without even going through a training camp or some preseason games, how would you even begin to speculate as to how many starters they are going to end up with?