So we just drafted 3 DB's and not a single player

It doesn't really matter if they can or can't play. It is just unsettling that they ALL came from one region. Are Buddy and company even looking out west, in the mid-west or up north?

dont care, as they SHOULDNT look anywhere but the south. while it's unsettling to you, its actually very reassuring to me. but I watch a LOT of college football, especially the SEC.

Start your scouting within the most dominant Conference, where they are already playing NFL caliber football, and then go to different regions if you need to.

How did all of Jauron's Pac10/Big10 drafts work out?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest three3

It doesn't really matter if they can or can't play. It is just unsettling that they ALL came from one region. Are Buddy and company even looking out west, in the mid-west or up north?

it sure makes you wonder

dont care, as they SHOULDNT look anywhere but the south. while it's unsettling to you, its actually very reassuring to me. but I watch a LOT of college football, especially the SEC.

Start your scouting within the most dominant Conference, where they are already playing NFL caliber football, and then go to different regions if you need to.

the most dominant conference where they are already playing NFL caliber football?? please, name the currently successful NFL quarterbacks from the SEC. ready? go.

Eric Wood is a work in progress. Jairus Byrd had a great rookie season and dropped off. Aaron Maybin was a bust. James Hardy, bust. Reggie Corner, decent to good. Marshawn and Puz were above average.

Spiller? nothing so far, with no real glimmers of greatness. McKelvin? Meh.

Tough to say southern boys have worked out for us recently. Like I said, they should be scouting the whole country, and this draft raises questions.

... Aaron Maybin was a bust. James Hardy, bust. ...

...Tough to say southern boys have worked out for us recently.

Now, I say, I say, I realize I'm waaay down South here in Mary-land y'all, but do you'ins in Buffalo really think of Penn State (Maybin) and Indiana (Hardy) as SOUTHERN schools??? :rolleyes:

Guest three3

Uhm... Manning and Manning... + Cutler?

Did you need better than that?

cutler is average. ask chicago what they think about him. eli manning? barely above average. you are left with one

it's not just the concern over how they'll play in the weather here, it's the attitude, sometimes hidden, towards playing in our weather and living in this area. guys like anthony castonzo would embrace the climate here and most importantly, consider staying with the team beyond the first contract

You just keep digging yourself into ignore. Your point is stupid and irrelevant. Talking about hidden attitudes. So you wanted to draft castonzo #3? You're clueless mang.

the most dominant conference where they are already playing NFL caliber football?? please, name the currently successful NFL quarterbacks from the SEC. ready? go.

What SEC QBs did we take that you are so concenred about? Try checking out the number of, and names of, the LBs and DLs from the SEC across the league. ready? go...

Eric Wood,,,. OHIO

Jairus Byrd... CALIFORNIA/OREGON

Aaron Maybin... MD/PENNSYLVANIA

James Hardy... INDIANA

Reggie Corner... OHIO

Marshawn and Puz were above average. CALIFORNIA AND PENNSYLVANIA

Tough to say southern boys have worked out for us recently. Like I said, they should be scouting the whole country, and this draft raises questions.

Doesnt look like the North, Midwest, or West has produced for us. You site 7 picks, to 2 from the south...

Uhm... Manning and Manning... + Cutler?

Did you need better than that?

Bingo

Now, I say, I say, I realize I'm waaay down South here in Mary-land y'all, but do you'ins in Buffalo really think of Penn State (Maybin) and Indiana (Hardy) as SOUTHERN schools??? :rolleyes:

LOL, facts dont matter. What we have in this thread is exactly what we were talking about in eball's thread. People want to come and spew BS when they have no factual backing. And then when we show them they are merely incorrect, they'll take offense that we are trying to censor them... :rolleyes:

...to play football in Buffalo. I'm not impressed. The jury is still out on last year's draft and aside from Dareus, this draft is looking very suspect. I certainly hope that this crew knows something that I don't and doesn't turn out to be yet another 4 year cluster !@#$. Tic toc tic toc...

You must be one of those people who wakes up with a smile ... greets everyone with a 'have a good day' ... gives money to those in need ... and enjoys every moment of life .... NOT!!!!

Well, I am sure you're impressed with yourself ... the funny thing is most fans are impressed with the majority of our draft ...

it sure makes you wonder

WTF are you blabbing about now? Which QBs did we draft from the sec? None. What point are you trying to make? Are you saying the sec isn't the best conference? Blah blah blah is all I hear.

cutler is average. ask chicago what they think about him. eli manning? barely above average. you are left with one

Again, we didnt draft an SEC QB (even though most of this board was screaming for McElroy late).

But please name me all of the LBs and DLs in the NFL from the SEC. I'll wait...

Guest three3

You just keep digging yourself into ignore. Your point is stupid and irrelevant. Talking about hidden attitudes. So you wanted to draft castonzo #3? You're clueless mang.

i wanted dareus at 3..there are these things called trades. you trade back into the first for castonzo. how many trades has buddy executed as bills gm? one?

Edited by three3

i wanted dareus at 3..there are these things called trades. you trade back into the first for castonzo. how many trades has buddy executed as bills gm? one?

LOL LOL LOL

And had he did that, the other half of this board would be screaming that we gave up too much to trade back into the first. And theyd be bringing up McCargo and Losman.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Deal with the reality of what happened in the draft, and move on.

Eric Wood is a work in progress. Jairus Byrd had a great rookie season and dropped off. Aaron Maybin was a bust. James Hardy, bust. Reggie Corner, decent to good. Marshawn and Puz were above average.

Where did Maybin go to school?

And you are still left looking like a dumbass. WHAT POINT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE? Are you saying that sec QBs suck? Are you saying that the defensive players we drafted from the sec are going to switch positions and play qb? Are you saying the sec isn't good because the QBs that play there aren't great in the NFL? You started this by basically saying we should draft guys that played in the cold in college, I think. Then you said that players have hidden attitudes and won't resign in buffalo. Then you said that sec QBs suck in the NFL. What do sec QBs have to do with our draft? The sec defensive players aren't any good because the QBs they play against suck in the NFL? Please, start over and in English that we can understand, tell us WTF your point is.

And you are still left looking like a dumbass. WHAT POINT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE? Are you saying that sec QBs suck? Are you saying that the defensive players we drafted from the sec are going to switch positions and play qb? Are you saying the sec isn't good because the QBs that play there aren't great in the NFL? You started this by basically saying we should draft guys that played in the cold in college, I think. Then you said that players have hidden attitudes and won't resign in buffalo. Then you said that sec QBs suck in the NFL. What do sec QBs have to do with our draft? The sec defensive players aren't any good because the QBs they play against suck in the NFL? Please, start over and in English that we can understand, tell us WTF your point is.

The only point is to B word for the sake of bitching. Because it somehow makes them feel better.

There is no reason or logic behind any of it.

No matter what we say, theyll come back with another whine about something kinda relevant, but not really.

Guest three3

WHAT POINT ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE?

someone above posted that the SEC is the most dominant conference and is the conference where NFL caliber football is being played. if that was the truth, don't you think there would be more than 1 elite quarterback from the SEC currently playing in the nfl?

Wow. So your angry because we didn't give up our 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks to get a OT that played in the cold and doesnt have a hidden attitude? I'd much rather have a starting cb, ILB and SS than castonzo. Trading up, giving up multiple picks when we have the leagues worst defense, in order to get a tackle just doesnt make sense to me. So is that your point in this thread?

someone above posted that the SEC is the most dominant conference and is the conference where NFL caliber football is being played. if that was the truth, don't you think there would be more than 1 elite quarterback from the SEC currently playing in the nfl?

First, the SEC IS the most dominant Conference in NCAA football, and it is known for it's defenses. We drafted almost ALL defense

You are cherry picking ONE position. And it's an offensive position.

You got your answer about the QBs from the SEC. Now give me my RELEVANT answer about the Defensive Players in the NFL from the SEC...

Ok, so you're saying the sec isn't the best conference in college football?