Bills unis leaked in Madden promo video?

Totally agree. I remember wearing my dark Lee Evans jersey a few years back to a high school football game in Maryland. People came by and said, "cool Patriots jersey"..or "nice Broncos"..Titans or whatever. If you live in WNY, then obviously everyone knows the Bills. When you live outside of WNY, it's a pretty anonymous jersey because their are no markings on it. It's my opinion, that the only teams that don't need any logo or words on their jersey are teams that never ever changed (i.e. Packers, Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys). A team like BUffalo that has changed dramatically needs something. I'm hoping that BILLS is under the shirt collar in our standard font. I'd be happy with that.

The reason a lot of people don't know what the Bills uniforms look like has less to do with the uniforms themselves, and more with the lack of winning. If you are a football fan who doesn't go to games and don't have NFL Ticket and only watch the nationally televised games, you've probably only seen the Bills a handful of time over the last 4 or 5 years. If this continues, no one will know what team the new uniforms are either.

The Kelly era jerseys were just like the Giants at the time, except one had a V-Neck and the other had round neck. Those are the ones people sometimes think are Giants jerseys when I sport my Flutie or Rob Johnson or Quinn Early jersey(s).

I don't have any of the current dark jerseys just because they are so freakin' ugly.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor nitpicks on them...

A) Blue socks paired with blue pants (shown on Chris Kelsay in the middle of this picture of the screencaps) looks terrible. If they are dead set on blue pants, they ought to at least make a corresponding white sock set, as they used in the OJ era. It's too much white-top, blue-bottom. Should be more balanced.

It would look even better to just go with white-on-white, as they've done the majority of time, even with the '02 set. Maybe only break out the blue pants for divisional away games. And for chrissake, don't even mention blue monochrome --- that might've been something with a red helmet, but with a white helmet, it'd look like complete crap.

2) Do the stripes on the pants match the stripes on the helmet? No clear image of the helmet.

All in all, this is something you'd expect from a 96-year-old owner. Basically, getting things down from the attic, using some scissors here and there. Won't have to buy different sets of helmets, facemasks, stickers, stadium signage etc. But even for that, this is a decent set. Easily went from worst unis to top 10, if they use the right combinations.

2. Now that it is leaked, do you think the Bills will expedite the "unveiling" of the new ones before Western New York is full of people wearing bootleg jerseys? Or will they still wait for a new CBA so players can be at the unveiling?

5. Does anything go right for this organization? You know they didn't want this leaked, they wanted to make a big deal about it and turn it into some sort of money making event.

Well, according to what some players and teams were saying they'd be doing today after the ruling, I don't see why they'd need to wait for a new CBA, unless there is an injunction to continue the lockout until it's appealed.

This may not have been entirely accidental. Sometimes, teams float a weather balloon. Take, for example, that new Wonder Woman show's promo pics --- the designers made several changes once the consensus online was that the initial set looked too much like a streetwalker with the light blue vinyl pants, and the absence of the trademark stars --- and the subsequent changes were very good. It can really help designers avoid that kind of off-putting/de-railing criticism before it's too late to make small changes on things they hadn't noticed were either there or missing.

Edited by UConn James

Real or faked?

http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/ the Putz uni is a bit over the top and the Deak Skins... OMG :sick:

here's one that looks similar

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/GWScherer/33310new.jpg

here's one that doesn't match

http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bills-new-uniform-leak.png

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Real or faked?

http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/ the Putz uni is a bit over the top and the Deak Skins... OMG :sick:

here's one that looks similar

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/GWScherer/33310new.jpg

here's one that doesn't match

http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bills-new-uniform-leak.png

The Nike sets were confirmed at the time to be stylized sets and nothing more. Nike has little or no influence over teams' individual trademarks. The most they'll determine is some treatment of striping, etc. given the seams in the so-called "Pro Combat" jerseys.

The last set was fan-created/-posted (one can tell it's not a professional imaging) on the Chris Creamer logo discussion site, based on the verbal descriptors from the Bills' press release, and judging by the screen caps, has turned out to be very nearly accurate (there appear to be several striping differences). It was not a leak, per se, no matter its level of accuracy. In fact, the poster added in the navy striping in a re-do after several of that board's users mentioned it. In retrospect, not adding the navy stripes, it would have been almost dead-on.

Edited by UConn James

I wish people would stop posting the Nike uniforms. Those are never going Live (at least not in the next 10 years or so). They were created to show what the NFL uniforms could be someday. Many teams have so much history tied into their current uni's, they would never change.

I wish people would stop posting the Nike uniforms. Those are never going Live (at least not in the next 10 years or so). They were created to show what the NFL uniforms could be someday. Many teams have so much history tied into their current uni's, they would never change.

To be accurate, they have a 0 percent chance of ever being used.

Edited by UConn James

13 seconds in for the home jersey, 21 seconds in, inside the "P" is the road uni.

youtube.com/watch?v=NezsN5AxHH4&feature=youtu.be

Let's hope they don't wear these ones blue on blue and white on white like the old ones. That was the biggest problem with the old uni's. They never were intended to be worn that way and they looked like crap. Even the current uni's were supposed to be blue pants with white jerseys and white pants with the blue jerseys. For some unexplained reason, they never wore them that way after the unveiling.

Let's hope they don't wear these ones blue on blue and white on white like the old ones. That was the biggest problem with the old uni's. They never were intended to be worn that way and they looked like crap. Even the current uni's were supposed to be blue pants with white jerseys and white pants with the blue jerseys. For some unexplained reason, they never wore them that way after the unveiling.

I agree. Sometime during the Donahoe era...Bledsoe, Fletcher and a few other players decided it would look cool to wear the blue on blue for a game. They happened to win that game and players being the superstitious nature that they are kept wearing them. I kept expecting the team executives to put an end to those ridiculous looking track suits (with striping that did not line up)....and make them wear the white pants with the dark jersey like it was intended. It looks so much more professional.

Anyway, if anyone ever dares to suggest they wear the new blue pants at home with the blue jersey they should be shot. That was a bad looking combination imo.

Yeah, now they can have them out Thursday for the draft.

These will not be used for the draft.

Per Chris Brown's blog:

CB: The jersey held up by the Bills top draft choice is a league operation. From what I have been told the draft is NOT when the new jersey will be unveiled despite a lot of speculation to the contrary. The unveiling of the 2011 uniforms will be later in the offseason.

So the league will use the current jersey when the Bills first draft choice is introduced, provided he’s in New York at the draft.

I really like them, especially when compared to the joke of a uniform that they are replacing. It brings up a couple questions though:

1. Does that mean they still have the same "Throwback" unis? My guess is yes, they are just as awesome if not more than the new ones.

2. Now that it is leaked, do you think the Bills will expedite the "unveiling" of the new ones before Western New York is full of people wearing bootleg jerseys? Or will they still wait for a new CBA so players can be at the unveiling?

3. Was there some sort of agreement between the Bills and the makers of the game? The video has been yanked from You Tube. Lawsuit?

4. Besides a few tweeks, these are essentially throwback uniforms themselves, from the late 70's-early 80's. Will they bring back "We're Talking Proud" with them? A little bad humor.

5. Does anything go right for this organization? You know they didn't want this leaked, they wanted to make a big deal about it and turn it into some sort of money making event.

1. I would assume we've seen the last of the current throwbacks, since the new design is throwback-like. I suppose there could be a "new" throwback, like the first unis ever worn by the franchise -- or maybe they bring back the 90s uniforms as a throwback. That would be interesting.

2. Ideally they want players to be modeling them at an unveiling a la Bledsoe and company in 2002; don't know how the labor situation affects this. I'm guessing they wait.

3. What are your damages? Loss of "surprise?" This isn't litigation-worthy.

4. Yes, your humor is awful.

5. Why is this bad for the organization? We're all talking about it.

Sorry PTR the blue pants suck Donkey spunk big time, and these unis are, in my opinion, the worst uniforms just next to the current ones in team history. Grey face masks too? Lame.

No effort put into this uniform change at all, no attempt made at studying what the team's fan base loves most (Throw-Backs, see the highly successful Sabres uniform change), and completely not in line with what looks good in the NFL today.

This team has now officially become a train wreck, no, worse... an obese woman in spandex pants and an ill-fitted shirt in the mall. You don't want to look, but find it difficult to look away, but don't dare laugh or point, because that's just not a classy or morally decent thing to do.

Well, this is the Bills, the laughing stock of professional sports, and people are laughing, and people are pointing.

Hey Russ, I'm in for updates.... keep it coming, but one question... do you have a running bet on how much mindless and stupid stuff you can pull off without getting ****-canned? It simply can't be that you are this stupid, could it?

Edited by McKinleys Curse

This. While i certainly hope that the throwbacks look like that, i took a look at last year's copy of Madden, and it is entirely possible to create and play with those jerseys using the existing jersey options they give to Buffalo.

On the other hand, if those videos did get yanked, its a good sign that those are in fact the new unis.

Tim Graham confirmed that the EA leaked uniforms are exactly correct.

Sorry PTR the blue pants suck Donkey spunk big time, and these unis are, in my opinion, the worst uniforms just next to the current ones in team history. Grey face masks too? Lame.

No effort put into this uniform change at all, no attempt made at studying what the team's fan base loves most (Throw-Backs, see the highly successful Sabres uniform change), and completely not in line with what looks good in the NFL today.

You are obviously too young to know that these ARE a result of studying what the team's fan base wanted because they are as close to throwbacks as a new uniform is going to get. Absolutely A+ job on the uni in my opinion. The white helmet with charging buffalo has always looked sharp. I agree with your info about the rest of Russ' nonsense though. That guy is just the worst.

Wow, to each their own I guess. I absolutely love the blue pants on the away jerseys, and prefer the grey facemask to blue any day. I think they made every attempt to study what the fan base loves most. Hence, we have jerseys that are returning to an older, more classic look (throwback, if you will) - which is what looks best in the NFL today.

Of course, this is all just opinion, and we're all entitled to our own.

I'd LOVE to see our 90s unis as our throwbacks btw.

Go Bills!

Wow, to each their own I guess. I absolutely love the blue pants on the away jerseys, and prefer the grey facemask to blue any day. I think they made every attempt to study what the fan base loves most. Hence, we have jerseys that are returning to an older, more classic look (throwback, if you will) - which is what looks best in the NFL today.

Of course, this is all just opinion, and we're all entitled to our own.

I'd LOVE to see our 90s unis as our throwbacks btw.

Go Bills!

Good Point!! they could bring back the Red Helmets and the 90s jerseys for the throwback games!! :thumbsup:

This team has now officially become a train wreck, no, worse... an obese woman in spandex pants and an ill-fitted shirt in the mall. You don't want to look, but find it difficult to look away, but don't dare laugh or point, because that's just not a classy or morally decent thing to do.

Well, this is the Bills, the laughing stock of professional sports, and people are laughing, and people are pointing.

Hey Russ, I'm in for updates.... keep it coming, but one question... do you have a running bet on how much mindless and stupid stuff you can pull off without getting ****-canned? It simply can't be that you are this stupid, could it?

Leave it up to you to turn this into our organization being "an obese woman in spandex pants and an ill-fitted shirt in the mall." If you hate the Bills so much, why don't you do all of us a favor and STFU?